300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is your commute?

Just curious what other officers drive to and from work everyday. I currently drive 38 miles, one way, to work. It isn't really a bad drive and its kind of nice to not have to live near, or deal with, the people you police. So what do you other guys, and girls, drive for your commute? Am I crazy for making such a long trip?

My commute to work is somewhere between 10 seconds and 30 seconds. Depends on how slowly I walk out to the squad (and whether its the first day on or the last day on.)
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

same as above. I just recently moved to my jurisdiction in February and was driving 20 miles each way...it was a PITA and I'm glad I finally moved. I walk outside, turn on the radio in the car and I'm at work.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

5 minutes....

Comment

55 minutes each way. 44 miles.
          What Delta said x2

Comment

I drive 24 miles one way (at the moment). Working off-hour shifts, I have no traffic jams to worry about. 20-25 minutes commute.

Comment

45 minutes, 50 miles each way. Trying to find a closer place to live.
              Last edited by irishdep; 05-17-2007, 06:47 AM.
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

There was a thread on this a couple of months ago. My commute takes about 6 minutes.

Comment

About 40-45 minutes. 33 miles roughly. Not a bad ride esp. when I'm on the motorcycle.
                  If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

My commute takes slighter over 24 hours. That's 250 miles by car and 1000 miles by air.

However, I stay at work for two weeks.

Comment

30-35 minutes each way. Its not bad until you get called out at 2:00 in the morning. But the drive does give me a chance to unwind from work before I get home to the family.
                      If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking
                      (General George S Patton, Jr.)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing (Edmund Burke).

A leader is someone who improves the lives of other people or improves the system they live under.
                      (Sam Houston)

Comment

I was 35 miles from my city, but had a take-home motor. The bike saved me at least an hour a day on the freeways (not to mention the gas) and I loved being that far from town.

Comment

45 miles.....................
                          Leave Space Empty

Comment

About 5-10 seconds.

Comment

about 25 miles, and 40 minutes on the freeway, with no traffic.
                              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                              Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3257 users online. 152 members and 3105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X