Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letters of recommendation at the closing question of an interview.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters of recommendation at the closing question of an interview.

Would presenting a letter of recommendation to each member of the oral board panel after selling yourself benefit or be a waste of time?

Can’t see that changing anyone’s mind about a candidate.

Comment

Waste of time.

Total vanity move.

Your cherry picked references rank very low.
      Chance favors the prepared mind.

-Louis Pasteur

Comment

Do you really think that anyone will ask a person for a "recommendation" that won't be flattering ?

LOR's are worthless to a hiring board
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Just getting into testing and was told to try that by someone, glad I asked on here!

Thanks!

Comment

You NEVER foist things on a board that is not asked for.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Unless they specifically asked for them, don't bother.

Comment

Letters are warm and fuzzy and can make you feel good but the folks who have a say have already made up their minds. And the reality of it is that they likely have already done so before you even walked into the room. Sad but true. The only time that i can come up with being appropriate to hand out letters is if it is specifically requested.

Comment

Nope. If they wanted it, the testing/recruiting instructions would say to bring one. Otherwise it’ll go in the trash.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16922 users online. 433 members and 16489 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X