300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Memorial Day

Today we honor our dead. What did you do to remember them today?
    I wear a mourning ribbon and educate those who might ask about it
    29.17%
    I just wear a ribboon and mind my own beezwax
    0.00%
    I go to the national / regional / local observation ceremony
    27.08%
    I make radio PSAs or give presentations
    0.00%
    I hoist a tall one privately, or offer a prayer
    35.42%
    I really don't do anything.
    8.33%
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I got off work at 3am and stayed up until 7am polishing my boots, ironing my Class A uniform, and taking a lighter to all the fuzzies on my patch and loose strings on my uniform. I was supposed to go to the Law Enforcement Memorial at the State Capitol to stand guard for an hour with a group of officers from my department, but overslept.

I feel like the biggest jackass around.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

The intent was there. Don't beat yourself up. The guys who bought it would understand and not want you to fret - and that is who counts.
      The All New
      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I was on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol today. Even though we baked in the hot sun. It was a honor to support the families of our brothers and sisters who were taken away from us to soon.
        The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

We had a combined city and county ceremony. We have one every year since Sgt Deckard was murdered in the line of duty. I played taps with my trumpet at the end of the ceremony.

I can chase bad guys, duke it out with them and participate in all the fun that this career has to offer but when it comes to playing taps in front of a crowd I hyperventilate. I get very nervous and run short of breath which is not good at all when it comes to playing the trumpet. Especially in front of the crowd I work with.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

We had a ceremony out front on Monday with the surviving families of all officers lost in the line of duty with my department. We'll be wearing the mourning band all week. Haven't really had anyone out on the street notice it, though.

Comment

I went to our memorial last week. See my thread: Arizona's Peace Officer Memorial for my viewpoint.
              R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
              I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Our memorial is tomorrow (Wed).
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                and I'm not sure about the former.
                -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Off today. Visited a partner in the hospital, then lifted a tall one to the memories of all those that have passed on to Cop Valhalla. Unfortunately, that list keeps getting longer and longer....
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Spent three days in DC with buddies.....at the memorial and at the FOP fest area....

Good times for all there......tears were shead....and I will be back here next year......like I have been for the past 6 years....

Comment

Originally posted by pulisman View Post
                      I was on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol today. Even though we baked in the hot sun. It was a honor to support the families of our brothers and sisters who were taken away from us to soon.

Out there as well in the afternoon
                      Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                        Spent three days in DC with buddies.....at the memorial and at the FOP fest area....

Was nice to see you
                        Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                          We had a combined city and county ceremony. We have one every year since Sgt Deckard was murdered in the line of duty. I played taps with my trumpet at the end of the ceremony.

I can chase bad guys, duke it out with them and participate in all the fun that this career has to offer but when it comes to playing taps in front of a crowd I hyperventilate. I get very nervous and run short of breath which is not good at all when it comes to playing the trumpet. Especially in front of the crowd I work with.
                          I always wanted to learn the bagpipes for the same reason. That and the kilt, of course.
                          The All New
                          - M1Garand

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC View Post
                            Was nice to see you
                            I texted you....but apparently you were already passed out.....

Comment

I talked with partners of our fallen, good memories. Then I hoisted a tall, cold refreshing beverage in their honor and memory, and thanked them for giving all. Said a prayer for our officers on the line, that no one again should follow down that road to Cop Valhalla (thanks SRT936!).
                              Last edited by IMachU; 05-17-2007, 01:54 AM. Reason: dang shpelling ageen!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5999 users online. 357 members and 5642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X