Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is this not national news?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why is this not national news?

    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...tian.html.html

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp


    This country is going down the toilet if people really care more about the death of some druggie gold digger (Anna Nicole Smith) and disregard something as horrifying as this.
    Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
    Thomas Jefferson

    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

  • #2
    I think the 2nd article proved why it wasn't on the news. Amazing isn't it? More coverage of Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey's marriage.
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll go ahead and say it since it's what everyone already knows, but may not want to say....

      It's because the victims are white (and not black), and because the suspects are black (and not white). It's only newsworthy if it's whites killing blacks.
      A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

      -GK Chesterton

      Comment


      • #4
        Sheesh, half the country complains that the only thing on the news is brutal violence. The other half complains when some gets left out

        Comment


        • #5
          Why it is NOT news

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Contact View Post
            I'll go ahead and say it since it's what everyone already knows, but may not want to say....

            It's because the victims are white (and not black), and because the suspects are black (and not white). It's only newsworthy if it's whites killing blacks.
            Yeah, this is it. That snopes article did some BS tap dancing. Oh, well they OJ trial was national news and he was black and his victims were whie. Uuuuuhhhhh ....... yeah, that AND he was a celebrity. Other than that, the only real reported spin on race was the Mark Furman distraction by the defence attorneys.
            Space for rent .........

            Comment


            • #7
              For people who always want to talk about Black people playing the race card, you all surely do play it SO HARD in the reverse and it's SO ANNOYING. Jesus Christ.

              For every Black person who swears "the Man" is holding him/her down, there's a White person who wants to swear that some circumstance is due to some mysterious, UNPROVEN and totally improbable discrimination against "the White Man" somehow. Sheesh.

              Let's pretend that it's a fact that race was the issue here. Race will stop "mattering" in general society when race stops mattering to people personally, like it obviously does to you all. And to the said Black people as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Speaking of stuff not on National News....Our President had a ceremony for fallen LEO's. I saw it on my local news, but I did not see it on FOX NEWS or CNN.

                Figure I'd bring it up.
                I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

                Comment


                • #9
                  divide and conquer.

                  all you have to do is throw in some differences that the people fear and they will do the rest.

                  if you read the piece you will notice that blacks abhor the crime as much as whites.

                  the terrorist do not need to bomb anything, all they have to do is scream racism.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LongLegz View Post
                    For people who always want to talk about Black people playing the race card, you all surely do play it SO HARD in the reverse and it's SO ANNOYING. Jesus Christ.

                    For every Black person who swears "the Man" is holding him/her down, there's a White person who wants to swear that some circumstance is due to some mysterious, UNPROVEN and totally improbable discrimination against "the White Man" somehow. Sheesh.

                    Let's pretend that it's a fact that race was the issue here. Race will stop "mattering" in general society when race stops mattering to people personally, like it obviously does to you all. And to the said Black people as well.
                    My point is this:
                    Of course we heard about OJ and Nichole, he is a celebrity.
                    We hear everything a celebrity does...
                    If they run out of gas it makes the news
                    When they cut their hair it makes the news.
                    When they kill someone it makes the news. That's not surprising.

                    When an African American kills another African American, we hear about it because it's just more senseless killing.
                    When a Caucasian kills an African American, we hear about it because it's a hate crime.
                    When a Caucasian police officer fights with an African American suspect, we hear about it because it's police brutality.
                    However, when an African American kills a caucasian...now it's time to take the high road and not report all the madness of the world. Give me a break.

                    You know as well as I do that if this story had made the news, it would have been shouted from the rooftops by sharpton and the like that they story was only being run to trample on the necks of the African American population...and it makes me sick that I'm sure I hypothesized that with almost pinpoint accuracy.

                    It makes me just as sick that when someone brings this up, there are other people who would lash out at someone for pointing out the blatant racism that is allowed to go on in this country. I'm not talking about white against black, I'm talking about black against white.

                    I had to agree with Carlos Mencia the other day when he said "Isn't it funny how the majority of people who watch my show are white people...they have to tune in to watch a beaner say what they've always wanted to say, but can't. The only group of people who can't be proud of their race are white people. When you hear Indian pride, you think of an Indian who is proud of his heritage. When you hear Black Pride, you think of people standing and bonding together...but when you hear White Pride, the only thing that comes to mind is a hillbilly in the KKK."

                    And I'll be damned if he isn't 100% right. If that's a little too in-your-face, examine yourself and find out why you don't agree with it, because it certainly is true.

                    leopold99, I agree with you, everyone abhors this crime equally, but the issue is that certain crimes get less face time than others because of some pretty trashy reasons, in my opinion.
                    Last edited by Contact; 05-15-2007, 11:13 PM.
                    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

                    -GK Chesterton

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      black guy saves the day:
                      http://www.wimp.com/anthem/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Contact View Post
                        My point is this:
                        Of course we heard about OJ and Nichole, he is a celebrity.
                        We hear everything a celebrity does...
                        If they run out of gas it makes the news
                        When they cut their hair it makes the news.
                        When they kill someone it makes the news. That's not surprising.

                        When an African American kills another African American, we hear about it because it's just more senseless killing.
                        When a Caucasian kills an African American, we hear about it because it's a hate crime.
                        When a Caucasian police officer fights with an African American suspect, we hear about it because it's police brutality.
                        However, when an African American kills a caucasian...now it's time to take the high road and not report all the madness of the world. Give me a break.

                        You know as well as I do that if this story had made the news, it would have been shouted from the rooftops by sharpton and the like that they story was only being run to trample on the necks of the African American population...and it makes me sick that I'm sure I hypothesized that with almost pinpoint accuracy.

                        It makes me just as sick that when someone brings this up, there are other people who would lash out at someone for pointing out the blatant racism that is allowed to go on in this country. I'm not talking about white against black, I'm talking about black against white.

                        I had to agree with Carlos Mencia the other day when he said "Isn't it funny how the majority of people who watch my show are white people...they have to tune in to watch a beaner say what they've always wanted to say, but can't. The only group of people who can't be proud of their race are white people. When you hear Indian pride, you think of an Indian who is proud of his heritage. When you hear Black Pride, you think of people standing and bonding together...but when you hear White Pride, the only thing that comes to mind is a hillbilly in the KKK."

                        And I'll be damned if he isn't 100% right. If that's a little too in-your-face, examine yourself and find out why you don't agree with it, because it certainly is true.

                        leopold99, I agree with you, everyone abhors this crime equally, but the issue is that certain crimes get less face time than others because of some pretty trashy reasons, in my opinion.
                        OK well I'm not touching the "White Pride" thing because that's been beaten to death here, and if you don't get it by now then you never will.

                        Regarding this story...let's say that your THEORY is correct and race had to do with the "non-national" status of it...why do you think that is? Oh let's see, I'd fathom that it's probably because stories like this only give White people an EXCUSE to start acting stupid and racist. For instance, here's some blog or whatever about the story and in the comments below, you have the N word and "Monkey" and any kind of word to suggest Blacks are violent and inferior on repeat.

                        http://readthis.wordpress.com/2007/0...ristians-life/

                        This was a very heinous crime obviously. But come on, people DO die every day. These deaths appear to have been very gruesome, but it's not anything new. EVERY death cannot be national news. No matter the style of the crime, the ultimate thing is that they ended up dead. And as I understand, all the killers were captured soon after. So...okay? The ONLY reason for it to be on the front page of every paper would be to SENSATIONALIZE the alleged mutilation aspects of the crime. That's not honoring the dead, that is the media trying to satisfy our inherent morbid curiosities.

                        So I don't understand how we're all analyzing the OJ Simpson Case, the Duke Rape Case, and then this one, and then coming to a conclusion that when Black people kill White people, it's not as popular a story from a total of three cases. Don't you all remember the infamous "Cops and Blacks" thread and how the statistics repeated ad nauseum in it by Whites were how more murders are caused by Black people and more Whites are killed by Blacks than by Whites or whatever. So if the nation REALLY wanted to "pretend" that Blacks don't commit crime, we'd have to make those statistics less available, wouldn't we?

                        Because the fact remains that if I, as a Black woman disappear suddenly one day and stay missing, and Becky from down the street disappears suddenly as well as is declared missing, you'll be seeing a lot more of her on CNN than you will me. Give me a break.

                        Like I said, you want to make everything about race just as much as Black people want to make everything about race. That's what America IS the way it is. Again, when EVERYONE stops making everything a racial issue, then race will stop mattering in any aspect...news, or whatever. Not like that's going to happen any time soon, but that's the way it is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [QUOTE]
                          Originally posted by LongLegz View Post
                          OK well I'm not touching the "White Pride" thing because that's been beaten to death here, and if you don't get it by now then you never will.
                          Okay,

                          Regarding this story...let's say that your THEORY is correct and race had to do with the "non-national" status of it...why do you think that is? Oh let's see, I'd fathom that it's probably because stories like this only give White people an EXCUSE to start acting stupid and racist. For instance, here's some blog or whatever about the story and in the comments below, you have the N word and "Monkey" and any kind of word to suggest Blacks are violent and inferior on repeat.
                          Okay, you found a blog utilized primarily by skinheads. Im quite sure that given some time and effort I could find a blog used by blacks where the victims were blamed for the crime. As a matter of fact that very thing was done on that very blog.

                          This was a very heinous crime obviously. But come on, people DO die every day. These deaths appear to have been very gruesome, but it's not anything new. EVERY death cannot be national news. No matter the style of the crime, the ultimate thing is that they ended up dead. And as I understand, all the killers were captured soon after. So...okay? The ONLY reason for it to be on the front page of every paper would be to SENSATIONALIZE the alleged mutilation aspects of the crime. That's not honoring the dead, that is the media trying to satisfy our inherent morbid curiosities.
                          People die everyday!!!!!!, thats your justification. A group of men, as in more than one sadistic piece of garbage, kidnapped, brutalized, raped, tortured, mutilated, killed and dismembered these young people. Wrap your head around that. Imagine for a moment the pain and utter suffering they went thru those three days, now imagine the suffering their families will have to go thru for a lifetime.

                          Others want to blame race for this, I want to blame the system. What kind of record do these guys have, what was their history? I want to blame a system that does not really show the populace that crime will not be tolerated, and that engaging in it has consequences. If it were up to me these men show a perfect justification for the death penalty. Nothing so nice as lethal injection, or a hot seat.......just a bullet to the base of the skull. Then bury them in a pine box in an unmarked grave so that no one knows where to cry for them.

                          So I don't understand how we're all analyzing the OJ Simpson Case, the Duke Rape Case, and then this one, and then coming to a conclusion that when Black people kill White people, it's not as popular a story from a total of three cases. Don't you all remember the infamous "Cops and Blacks" thread and how the statistics repeated ad nauseum in it by Whites were how more murders are caused by Black people and more Whites are killed by Blacks than by Whites or whatever. So if the nation REALLY wanted to "pretend" that Blacks don't commit crime, we'd have to make those statistics less available, wouldn't we?

                          If I recall, you repeatedly denied the validity of those stats. As for the OJ case, that was black on white, and OJ proven in civil court to be guilty. OJ's own rather sick attempt to profit by writing this as yet unpublished book "If I did it, heres how.", further proves his guilt. The Duke race, I mean rape case has been dropped in its entirety. Both were popular stories involving interracial crime. Im saying that the race of the individuals in this case can be ignored for all I care, the horror of this crime is what needs to be discussed. People need to understand that sometimes, just because others appear human, and civilized, does not make them anything more than animals. I would say that of anyone commiting this type of crime, regardless of race, sex, creed or color. We put down rabid dogs, why not people.


                          Because the fact remains that if I, as a Black woman disappear suddenly one day and stay missing, and Becky from down the street disappears suddenly as well as is declared missing, you'll be seeing a lot more of her on CNN than you will me. Give me a break.
                          Only if Beckys family pushes the issue. If your family got out on every streetcorner putting up fliers, called the news station everday, organized rallies and really made an effort, Im sure you would be in the news too. In my state, Rilya Wilson was in the news for ages, she was a black female child who had no advocate other than the media. She was well represented, and justifiably so.

                          Like I said, you want to make everything about race just as much as Black people want to make everything about race. That's what America IS the way it is. Again, when EVERYONE stops making everything a racial issue, then race will stop mattering in any aspect...news, or whatever. Not like that's going to happen any time soon, but that's the way it is.
                          Ignoring a problem is no way to make it go away.
                          Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
                          Thomas Jefferson

                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LongLegz View Post
                            OK well I'm not touching the "White Pride" thing because that's been beaten to death here, and if you don't get it by now then you never will.

                            Regarding this story...let's say that your THEORY is correct and race had to do with the "non-national" status of it...why do you think that is? Oh let's see, I'd fathom that it's probably because stories like this only give White people an EXCUSE to start acting stupid and racist. For instance, here's some blog or whatever about the story and in the comments below, you have the N word and "Monkey" and any kind of word to suggest Blacks are violent and inferior on repeat.

                            http://readthis.wordpress.com/2007/0...ristians-life/

                            This was a very heinous crime obviously. But come on, people DO die every day. These deaths appear to have been very gruesome, but it's not anything new. EVERY death cannot be national news. No matter the style of the crime, the ultimate thing is that they ended up dead. And as I understand, all the killers were captured soon after. So...okay? The ONLY reason for it to be on the front page of every paper would be to SENSATIONALIZE the alleged mutilation aspects of the crime. That's not honoring the dead, that is the media trying to satisfy our inherent morbid curiosities.

                            So I don't understand how we're all analyzing the OJ Simpson Case, the Duke Rape Case, and then this one, and then coming to a conclusion that when Black people kill White people, it's not as popular a story from a total of three cases. Don't you all remember the infamous "Cops and Blacks" thread and how the statistics repeated ad nauseum in it by Whites were how more murders are caused by Black people and more Whites are killed by Blacks than by Whites or whatever. So if the nation REALLY wanted to "pretend" that Blacks don't commit crime, we'd have to make those statistics less available, wouldn't we?

                            Because the fact remains that if I, as a Black woman disappear suddenly one day and stay missing, and Becky from down the street disappears suddenly as well as is declared missing, you'll be seeing a lot more of her on CNN than you will me. Give me a break.

                            Like I said, you want to make everything about race just as much as Black people want to make everything about race. That's what America IS the way it is. Again, when EVERYONE stops making everything a racial issue, then race will stop mattering in any aspect...news, or whatever. Not like that's going to happen any time soon, but that's the way it is.
                            It's not that everyone wants to make everything about race, it's that there is an obvious bias in what gets on the air and what doesn't. That's been the point all along.
                            A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

                            -GK Chesterton

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LongLegz View Post
                              The ONLY reason for it to be on the front page of every paper would be to SENSATIONALIZE the alleged mutilation aspects of the crime. That's not honoring the dead, that is the media trying to satisfy our inherent morbid curiosities.
                              Just like when James Byrd Jr. was killed in Texas by two white guys who dragged him behind a truck. Just sensationalism, that's all.

                              I still dunno why the case pointed out in the original post wasn't "sensationalized" in our national media. Must not be too awfully PC to report stuff like that.

                              As much as whites deny the presence of institutional racism, non-whites deny the presence of institutional favoritism.
                              Last edited by Sabre; 05-16-2007, 10:47 AM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3317 users online. 157 members and 3160 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X