300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abducted Girl's Parents = Morons of the Month

I truly feel sorry for them, as a parent myself I know they're going through hell right now. Having said that what kind of parents leaves a 4 year old child alone (in a hotel room in a foreign country no less) with her 2 year old siblings?

I pray she is found safe but the neglect displayed by the clueless parents is disgusting.

Your thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

I guess I'll have to read up on the particulars....I'm assuming they know for certain she was abducted, and didn't just wander off?

This hasn't made the news here at all!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I first saw it all over myspace.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
      Not Yet Visited: 16
      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Wow, don't sound like very good parents to me..
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
          Having said that what kind of parents leaves a 4 year old child alone (in a hotel room in a foreign country no less) with her 2 year old siblings?

I pray she is found safe but the neglect displayed by the clueless parents is disgusting.
          Whoa, calm down buddy. They went to a restaurant in the hotel, they would have been back within 45-60 minutes. You never put your kid down for a nap and left them alone for an hour before? I guess it's a good thing I'm not a parent because I see nothing wrong with that.

Comment

It would be one thing is the daughter was say 10, but what if something had happened with the younger siblings? A four year old would have no idea what to do.

What if the four year old just happened to wonder outside the hotel room? Who knows what would have happened.
            "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

A very good thing indeed

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
              You never put your kid down for a nap and left them alone for an hour before? I guess it's a good thing I'm not a parent because I see nothing wrong with that.
              I never did, nor would I ever leave my child, or any child(napping or awake) unattended for an hour...or even five minutes!

I'm sure if you use you imagination, you could think up several horrible scenarios that could befall an innocent, napping child left alone by an irresponsible parent

Clues: fire, burglars, domestic animal attacks, parent never returning due to an accident, etc...
              "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I think they're too young, even to be left alone in the room for an hour.

Comment

Most definitely too young. To be alone for even fifteen minutes, a child needs a lot more knowhow than any four year old could possibly have
                  shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

Whoa, calm down buddy. They went to a restaurant in the hotel, they would have been back within 45-60 minutes. You never put your kid down for a nap and left them alone for an hour before? I guess it's a good thing I'm not a parent because I see nothing wrong with that.
                    No buddy, I NEVER left my then 4 year old by himself for an hour or so while I left to get something to eat at a restaurant. BTW I agree with your observation that it's a good thing you're not a parent.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I don't have kids but I look after my nephew a lot. Gawd, I won't even go have a shower while he's napping. ANYTHING can happen!! You never leave a 2 and 4 year old alone, EVER! Doesn't matter if you're still in the building or not, it's just stupidity. Would you think it would be ok to leave a 2 and 4 year old alone in the car while you quickly ran in to pay for your gas? I highly doubt it and this situation is no different.
                      Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

45 to 60 minutes?? I don't have kids but I practically raised my younger siblings. Call me Crazy or paraniod, but I never left them for that long. If I needed to clean up another room, I would usually keep checking every 10 minutes or move them where I can always keep an eye on them. That was in my house!

They left them in a hotel room!!! There was no way to moniter them! What if House Keeping came in? What if they woke up and saw no parents!! would you really want them Terrified for 45 minutes at the Very Least!?!
                        It is VERY sad what happened but I hope this is an eye opener to MANY PARENTS out there!

When walking into a gas station now, I won't even let my little brother stay in the car. he is 12 years old!
                        "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

I don't think that this was the smartest decision, seeing that they were in a hotel and going to a restaurant, but if they were at home, I can excuse them for running out for a couple of minutes. I leave my kids in the house for up to 1/2 hour at times when I'm outside cutting the grass, washing the car, etc. (6yr old and 2yr old). My son (oldest) knows where I am and how to get a hold of me if he doesn't see me. I don't see it as irresponsible parenting. Kids mature at different stages. Some kids wouldn't be trusted at 12yrs old to left alone for a second, others would leave their 8 yr old for an hour or two. That doesn't make one wrong or one right.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I want to know what restaurants you eat at, that you would be done with your meal in less than an hour.

And in Portugal, there is no way they would be done with their dinner that fast.

They're called babysitters, most hotels can set you up with one.

And yes, it's a good thing you're not a parent.
                            Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2883 users online. 135 members and 2748 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X