300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet Caprice Classics

Any officer's out there miss them and if so what do you miss about them?
    "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Caprice Classics

Personally, I don't miss em. That said, they beat the crap out of the Impala's

Comment

I miss them. My partner and I were forced to give up ours last year for a cv. The caprice handled better, faster, and had more room.

Comment

Chevys were better than the Crown Vics. Nothing like having a corvette engine in your hoopty

EDJ
        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Chev. Caprice

Quick acceleration vs Sluggish of Crown Victoria.

Comment

I had a 92 Chevy Caprice and a 95 Chevy Caprice with Police interceptors for personal vehicles and I loved them to death. Especially considering it had the heavy duty police package. My 92 got up to no lie 390,000 before completely dying. i know it sounds hard to beleive but its possible with good maintenace and giving the baby TLC
            "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

WOW!!! Man, do I miss the speed. It was so deceptively fast. The crown vics are like tow trucks compared to the Chevys. My first one was a 1994 Chev with 70000 miles on it. I had it for almost 2 years. The biggest drawback on those cars were that they overheated alot.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

i currently have a 1984 Caprice Classic, as my POV... very nice car, brown with brown interior... good shape, and just put in a brand new 350 crate into her in oct of 05
                Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

I loved my Caprice. I miss my Caprice. They were spectacularly fast...scary fast, in fact. The only thing was how they felt when you topped 100...they had a very "floaty" feel, like being in a speedboat skimming on top of the waves.

It was the first real police car I drove, and it will always be my first love.
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

My last Caprice had 110k when I turned it in and I never had one problem with it. Been in a CV's Since 96 and they are always sending a recall or going in the shop for something. I kind of wonder if the guys on the assembly line hate cops and give us a POS on purpose.....
                    Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

1996 Caprice, best of the best for pursuits! We had a few that had been refurbished with excellent suspensions that were just kick a**! When the suspensions got old, they had a tendency to wallow like the Queen Mary though.

The first generations of the "Shamu" body style ('91-'93)had raised MDT holders that were great for working one deputy car. You could work the box and drive at the same time. I mean, if that weren't against policy you could....
                      Carpe Noctem

Comment

1995 Caprice LT-1 all black, I loved that car. Trans. rebuild at 98k and NO other problems. Fast, handled good, stopped good and very predictable. Anyone ever heard of wheel balance problems with them? During hard driving with good tires it was possible to slip the tire on the rim and cause your balance to change. I know, thats what I thought, but thats what the wrench turners told me.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by DPS55 View Post
                          I had a 92 Chevy Caprice and a 95 Chevy Caprice with Police interceptors for personal vehicles and I loved them to death. Especially considering it had the heavy duty police package. My 92 got up to no lie 390,000 before completely dying. i know it sounds hard to beleive but its possible with good maintenace and giving the baby TLC
                          390,000?? Where did you find the time to drive all those miles on your POV? Must not have had a take home.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There is a guy in Northern VA who owns/leases his own car as a taxicab, a 1995 Chevy Caprice. It is a former police vehicle and still has the spotlight attached!

He claims that it has more than 350,000 miles on the car and that it still has the ORIGINAL 350 V8, but that the transmission has had "lots of work" done to it since he purchased it at a state auction. I spoke to him at a gas station when I was filling up my truck.

I don't know how it runs, but it squeaked like a big dog. I reckon the suspension bushings are shot, but the car still looked surprisingly nice. It had an aftermarket silver paint job.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I currently own a late 80's model chevy caprice TANK with big 350. Couldn't stand not being around them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3235 users online. 178 members and 3057 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X