300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated Rant

I'm kinda frustrated, and let me tell you why. Several people who I know tested in Feb of 2006 for Chicago. A few of them scored well and received high ranking #'s. We're talking some former military, some former college athletes, some bilingual- all good people who I think would make fine officers. Now fast forward a bit. Their BI's are for the most part finished- some for even almost 1-2 months. Their BI's told them they should be in one of the next classes. Classes keep starting, and they are still waiting. As a backup plan they took the Illinois State Police test. They have passed the requirements, and have been given Start dates in June with the state police. These are people who really wanted chicago, but for numerous reasons have to go with the first offer. Chicago thought enough of them to rank them highly, and now because of timing the ISP will most likely be adding them to their ranks. How many qualified applicants is Chicago going to lose from just this test alone? I thought we wanted the best on OUR department, not let the best go to other agencies, and we'll take the leftovers.....Congrats ISP, you have some good ones on the way.
    Please disregard the user name, I've been sworn for a little while now.....

Frustrated Rant.

What you've described happens more than most people realize. Sounds like Chicago's loss will be ISP's gain. Will this help Chicago speed up, improve it's process? Probably not. Rather than really dump on Chicago though, consider a few things. Funding, Academy availability, testing process, etc. Maybe, none of these apply in the situation you're describing, but they do happen.

Comment

I'm curious...when did they start the process with ISP?

Comment

The situation you mentioned is not uncommon across the U.S.

Comment

People get bypassed all the time. Good scores and high rankings don't necessarily mean you're the first on the list. Your friends will soon learn that in this business nothing is guaranteed.
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4706 users online. 244 members and 4462 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X