300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Computer Help

Help! Just about every time I try to play an MP3 in WinAmp, I get an error saying that the program is already running and busy. However, the program is not running when it gives that error. The only cure so far is to reboot. What should I do to fix it. Rebooting is a pain.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

first, remove winamp from the 'add/remove programs' then try reinstalling winamp. if that doesn't work, post again and let me know. it sounds like a corrupted file in the program. can you play mp3s in media player? i quit using winamp because it has too many bugs.

Comment

Is winamp setup to start at start-up? Is it mininmized (and running) in your systems tray when you try to open it up via the start menu?

I run a Help Desk on the internet with a group of industry professionals should you still be experiencing problems with WinAmp.

Let me know...the help desk is free. We've been open since 1998.

Mike

Comment

You can find us at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/A-Helping-Hand/

I hope this helps. :-)

Mike

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by msdobson:
          Is winamp setup to start at start-up? Is it mininmized (and running) in your systems tray when you try to open it up via the start menu?

winamp usually adds the clicked song to the play list or it will play it automatically. it shouldn't display an "already in use" error message. that would imply it's being used by a system program and it shouldn't be. even if winamp is in the startup up folder or in selective startup, it should still run the new mp3.

i would have to say there is a corrupted file somewhere. if he can reboot and it work, then the communication between the computer and the program has a problem. it's probably doing the "not responding" thing.

i tweaked my registry to help find problems like this.

[ 08-21-2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: p01ic3m4n ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3991 users online. 238 members and 3753 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X