Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music while on duty?

Do you listen to music while on duty?

If so what's your favorite type of music?
    If God is before me, who can stand against me!
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

Yes I do, however, I just found out the hard way (via chief) that it comes through very well when the camera in the back seat is activated and I have Guns and Roses playing. Something about the location of the speakers and where the audio is recorded. We watched the video...it was comical. Even more funny is that a DUI commercial came on and I had a drunk in the back!!

Anyway, I do listen to music...have to remember to turn it off with a "client" in the back...I listen to litearlly EVERYTHING!!

Comment

I have XM radio hooked up in my car. I listen to the alternative station mostly but I'll be listening to a lot of baseball now since we just went to nights.

Comment

Why turn it off with a client in the back? It's great for building rapport!

Comment

I listen to the "Classic" rock and roll. Funny thing though I don't feel like a classic LOL
          If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

regular rock and roll station, my sergeant has the satellite radio..lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by taz1802 View Post
              I listen to the "Classic" rock and roll. Funny thing though I don't feel like a classic LOL
              same here
              FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Sirius Radio, The Big 80s, Hair Nation, and the Strobe
                "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Uh my agency pays people to remove the stock radios and replace them with a steel faceplate.. no music in our cars

Comment

Originally posted by soflacop View Post
                    Uh my agency pays people to remove the stock radios and replace them with a steel faceplate.. no music in our cars
                    God forbid you listen to the radio, you might not get any work done.
                    It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Talk radio for me. Sean Hannity, Rush, Laura Ingraham, Glen Beck, Mancow, Larry Elder, Michael Reagan.

Music was always country with the occasional Lynard Skinnard, CDB, Led Zeppelin, etc. (aging myself).

Nothing like a pursuit with "Sweet Home, Alabama" or "Hey, hey, Mama" in the backround!
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Prangler View Post
                        Yes I do, however, I just found out the hard way (via chief) that it comes through very well when the camera in the back seat is activated and I have Guns and Roses playing.
                        NOTHING WRONG WITH A LITTLE GNR!!! (LOOK TO YOUR LEFT - )

First night with the camera and I had some pretty bad lyrics come through during a DWI stop. Buckcherry's "Lit Up" ...something about "i love the cocaine, i love the cocaine..." just doesn't sound professional during the one leg stand - trial next month, oh boy!
                        The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day.

Comment

I remember one of my first ride alongs with a non advisor was this hilarious black cop. He blasted rap for a while and it cracked me up so bad.
                          -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I was heartbroken when the only station around here that played metal switched to Mexican. That was perfect for swing shift when it was hopping, priority calls back-to-back all night long. For days, classic rock is fine, but the local station never plays The Boss.

I have been known to sing the Go Go Gophers theme when driving Code 3.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

My FTO always listened to the radio at a reasonable level where he could still hear the police radio. He liked R&B and Hip Hop. It was funy oneday he arrested this redneck and blasted his tunes and the guy was getting ****ed at my FTO and told him "This is a county car you can play that". My FTO told him to shut up, this car was assigned to him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5930 users online. 332 members and 5598 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X