300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting out of ticket?

What was the most dumb excuse you've heard from speeders trying to get out of a ticket?
    If God is before me, who can stand against me!
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me Phil 4:12-13!

here's en excerpt from a chapter in one of my books:

“My speedometer said….” (speedos don't talk )
    I was going down that last hill…” (usually no hill for miles)
    “That truck was making me.”
    "I have diarrhea!” (after just passing by a rest area with bathrooms)
    “My kid just puked.” (That one gets a free pass if true)
    “I just have to pee really bad!” (Also having just passed a rest area)
    “I just got new oversized tires.” (Tire size does affect speedometer readings)
    “My speedometer doesn’t work.”
    “I was changing a tape”
    “This is a rental.” (As if that somehow makes a difference)

Believe it or not, these quotes come out of the mouths of very good people, who, all rookie troopers soon learn, will boldly lie out loud, right in front of their friends and family in the car who know the truth, without so much as a blink. Priests, cops, lawyers, doctors, soccer moms, everyone. Liars all. At least, when it comes to traffic citations. Good people all, bu low down fibbers when caught breaking the law.

There have also been some original attempts – pleadings I’ve heard only once. Check these out:

•Jesus CHR***! (As he bails out of the car) There’s a SNAKE in here!!! (There really was!)
    •I’m driving all the way to New York – and that’s my mother-in-law. You blame me?
    •Ever have a sick Gila Monster in the back seat?
    •No way – my speedometer won’t go over 85 (his speed was 102 mph)
    Last edited by 1042 Trooper; 05-13-2007, 02:09 PM.
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I hate having an "N" because even if you are telling the truth to the cop, you still get a ticket for something albeit I got only one ticket out of three (before you freak, no, the three tickets were NOT moving violations) 1.) Supposedly not wearing my seatbelt when I actually was, 2.) crack in my windsheild but not obstructing my field of vision, and 3.) The lack of the N sticker.....but still. We have to have these green stickers with an "N" printed on them, and when I got pulled over I didn't have mine on. He asked why and I stated that it had gotten stolen off my car while I was at work. This being a Saturday I couldn't go and get another N and I still got stuck with the ticket. Now I have a f*ckin stockpile of N's in case it gets stolen again haha.
      Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

I don't get it. What's the N sticker?
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

The funniest one I personally observed was something pretty simple...

"Officer, I'm lost."

To which the officer replied: "Okay, so what you're telling me is that every time you realize you're lost, you just instinctively hit the gas as hard as you can?"

A close second was "I'm not from around here, I'm from XYZ."

As if they don't have speed limits in XYZ.
          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

My personal favorite is "Are you really really sure I was going that fast (this is said with an evil oily smile on their face)"

"Yes or I wouldn't be standing here"
            Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
            I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
            Originally posted by weinerdog2000
            as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Getting out of ticket?

Ah-Yes.
              I recall it clearly, as if it were yesterday.
              1971--Palos Verdes Hill, south of L A.
              Going down larger residential street, marked 25 MPH.
              Yellow MG -with top down-going the other way, estimate 45+.
              Do a U-turn, get a pace at 50 MPH.

Stop two teen females.
              Told what they were doing...get a stare.
              Tell driver she is going to be cited.
              "This is not fair.. I had dropped my cigarette and it was burning my ***".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5273 users online. 269 members and 5004 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X