X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD "Warrior Culture"

Basically, this is an article about liberals bashing the LAPD

here is my favorite line in it
    "The LAPD is a big ocean liner and it will take a long time to turn around," said Joe Domanick, a senior fellow of criminal justice at the University of Southern California's Annenberg Institute for Justice and Journalism. "(Bratton) has not focused on the paramilitary culture and us-against-them mentality that seems to still persist in the LAPD."
    Uhh, last I checked, Fire Depts, Police Depts, and EMS Depts RUN on Para-Military structure, and that is what makes them work. Without that, they are just a bunch of folks in the same clothes.
    "US vs them", uhh, criminals have the SAME mentality, why not make them change their ways too....

Here is the link for the rest of the article...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070512/...ally_la_police
    Last edited by BLSBoy; 05-12-2007, 07:05 PM. Reason: forgot link
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    Before you get your knickers in a twist, ask yourself, was my post facetious?

"Joe Domanick, a senior fellow of criminal justice at the University of Southern California's Annenberg Institute for Justice and Journalism"

Wow, when did criminal justice and journalism get paired up? Does this finally mean, there were will be professional standards and citizen advisory committees to keep journalists honest and accountable?

Comment

"US vs them", uhh, criminals have the SAME mentality, why not make them change their ways too....
      Are you freaking serious? He was talking about police believing their are against the public. Changing criminality is a whole different ball park.

The paramilitary aspects, in some people's eyes, are taking the common sense and humanity out of police work. Some believe that certain tactics may instigate more problems rather than deal adequately with the ones at hand.
      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
        Are you freaking serious? He was talking about police believing their are against the public. Changing criminality is a whole different ball park.

The paramilitary aspects, in some people's eyes, are taking the common sense and humanity out of police work. Some believe that certain tactics may instigate more problems rather than deal adequately with the ones at hand.
        See, I interpreted his comments to be more community policing, and hold hands, sing songs, and all human beings are equal, blah blah blah.

Paramilitary tactics bad you say? Do you work in the Public Safety field? I do. I KNOW I report to my Lt./Capt., who reports to the Batt. Chief, who reports to the Asst. Chief, who reports to the Chief. There is accountability for actions, and consequences for screw ups.
        Tell ya what, try to run a major incident, or discipline someone when there is no no structure to something.

The name of the game is going home safe at the end of the shift. Period.
        AJ, MICP, FireMedic
        FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Comment

The name of the game is doing it right; which includes surviving.

Paramilitary tactics bad I did NOT say. SOME tactics may bring more problems than solutions is what I said. I'd like to know where in my post I badmouthed the structure of command.
          -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

If you could point out the bad parts of a Paramilitary structure, I, for one, would be enlightened.
            AJ, MICP, FireMedic
            FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Comment

You beat me to it BLS, I just read that article on yahoo and was about to post a thread in relation to it. I for one, see nothing wrong with a paramilitary structure or having a "warrior culture."

I won't bring up an old thread, however, we as police officers need to see ourselves as warriors at times in order to come home the same way we left. Now I'm sure there are some heavy-handed officers in the LAPD - or any department for that matter. I think that's just the nature of this job. Some people let it get to their head. Just my .02.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Last edited by BLSBoy; 05-12-2007, 10:29 PM. Reason: potty fingers
                AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                  You beat me to it BLS, I just read that article on yahoo and was about to post a thread in relation to it. I for one, see nothing wrong with a paramilitary structure or having a "warrior culture."

I won't bring up an old thread, however, we as police officers need to see ourselves as warriors at times in order to come home the same way we left. Now I'm sure there are some heavy-handed officers in the LAPD - or any department for that matter. I think that's just the nature of this job. Some people let it get to their head. Just my .02.
                  Cops have guys who think that they are God

EMS has guys with more stuff on their Bat Belt then Cops do, and are just EMT-Bs that are clueless

Firefighters have guys with the best gear, tons of lights on POVs, and not a clue what to do.

See, our professions have idiots, wackers, and people that seem to have one goal.....give the rest of us a bad name. It is up to us to show the public what we really are....Professionals.
                  AJ, MICP, FireMedic
                  FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Comment

It's this type of thing that is discouraging to the prospective po-lice (e.g. myself).

I just don't see why police administration and city officials feel more comfortable saying, "Instead of "offending," the rights of our illegal population and those committing crime in our city, we have used our resources to erect a garden to remember Cinco de Mayo. Crime has skyrocketed the past year, but fortunately we have had no complaints of criminals being "roughened up," when asked to comply with officer's requests. In the spirit of "community policing," our police department will now offer complimentary babysitting services free of charge to all those that do not have jobs or pay taxes. Your police department is committed to providing your safety (as long as it doesn't offend anybody) in the language of your choice! Furthermore, if you have ANY complaint with any service provided by your local police department, please call the Mayor of Los Angeles and you can be sure that the personnel involved will be dismissed - in two different languages. Don't forget our number - 911! We will even pick up your dry cleaning on the way to babysit. Have a great day! (Tienes un bueno dia)

Comment

LAPD vs. MainStreamMedia

The Media--Especially the L A Slimes has been derogating he LAPD for years.
                      LAPD would write them tickets and tow their cars out of " No Parking" Zones.

It is like this:
                      http://www.caucusforamerica.com/opinion.art.php?pID=311

In the mind of most of today's smug liberals, our soldiers are rednecks -- and rednecks, when let loose and not under control of "civilized" liberals, do what comes natural to rednecks -- they act rednecky. Liberals feel that way since, in their parochial view, who would enlist and volunteer unless one is poor, has no chance for upward mobility, and has a tendecy and lust for violence?

They believe this since most have no friends or family in the military. These elitists perceive the soldier and the military as below their class. Perhaps they heard of a grandfather who served back in the days when there was a draft, but not today.

Why do they so despise our military? Why do they never come to its defense? Why do they never understand the frightful plight of the soldier who, when fired upon by the enemy, has no recourse but to fire back if he wishes to stay alive? Why does the liberal not understand what he has seen countless times, namely, that the Jihadist enemy positions women and children in his front while shooting at our soldiers?

It is because the liberal moralizer deep down knows that he does not have the physical courage and might of the soldier. Compared to the soldier, he is a coward and weakling. His strength lies only in bringing law suits and sounding morally superior to the rest of us.

The liberal moralizer needs to tear down the U.S. soldier as a way of guaranteeing that the soldier is never elevated to a more honored level in American life than is he, the liberal moralizer. Tear down the soldier and you destroy the honor we feel toward that soldier. Find anything to show you are better than the soldier so that you and your smug liberal friends can celebrate your superiority. Liberal media guys cannot abide that America has heroes who are not them.

Comment

Liberals ....... what idiots most of them are.
                        Space for rent .........

Comment

Warrior Culture

Originally posted by xraodcop View Post
                          The Media--Especially the L A Slimes has been derogating he LAPD for years.
                          LAPD would write them tickets and tow their cars out of " No Parking" Zones.

It is like this:
                          http://www.caucusforamerica.com/opinion.art.php?pID=311

In the mind of most of today's smug liberals, our soldiers are rednecks -- and rednecks, when let loose and not under control of "civilized" liberals, do what comes natural to rednecks -- they act rednecky. Liberals feel that way since, in their parochial view, who would enlist and volunteer unless one is poor, has no chance for upward mobility, and has a tendecy and lust for violence?

They believe this since most have no friends or family in the military. These elitists perceive the soldier and the military as below their class. Perhaps they heard of a grandfather who served back in the days when there was a draft, but not today.

Why do they so despise our military? Why do they never come to its defense? Why do they never understand the frightful plight of the soldier who, when fired upon by the enemy, has no recourse but to fire back if he wishes to stay alive? Why does the liberal not understand what he has seen countless times, namely, that the Jihadist enemy positions women and children in his front while shooting at our soldiers?

It is because the liberal moralizer deep down knows that he does not have the physical courage and might of the soldier. Compared to the soldier, he is a coward and weakling. His strength lies only in bringing law suits and sounding morally superior to the rest of us.

The liberal moralizer needs to tear down the U.S. soldier as a way of guaranteeing that the soldier is never elevated to a more honored level in American life than is he, the liberal moralizer. Tear down the soldier and you destroy the honor we feel toward that soldier. Find anything to show you are better than the soldier so that you and your smug liberal friends can celebrate your superiority. Liberal media guys cannot abide that America has heroes who are not them.
                          Thanks. That needed to be said.

Comment

As Michael Savage has said for years and even has a book out by this name.

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.
                            www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
                            In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

The job is Para military from our structure of chain of command to our general orders and our equipment we use. It has to be because it's life and death no matter how many would like to think its an armed office sales rep corporation job with "custormer service" ethos and rhetoric. Enforcing the law is necessary and law breakers need to be dealt with other wise everyone can just do as they please at all times. I feel for the LAPD. The former best Police department in the world reduced by liberal hippie washouts with money and politicans running the city filled with people who want to get a check without becoming a legal citizen. What has happened to this country. People need to stand up and just say get out and no.
                              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 159 members and 2798 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X