Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 year veteran cop looking for change....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 year veteran cop looking for change....

Been a police officer for a little over 10 years and considering a change. I am interested in some sort of job selling or working with law enforcement related products. Does anyone know where I can start as far as finding a job in sales for law enforcement related products or companies? I have a tech background and would be a great candidate to show how a laptop with law enforcement software works or other products. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've been dealing with a few venders lately and some of them have been former LE or retired LE. The most notable ones were the body armor and report writing software representatives..

Maybe you can contact the ones your current department uses and see about a job with their company. That way you'll have a first hand knowledge of their products. That's basically how the one rep said he got started.

Good luck!

Comment

I know a guy who retired from AZ DoC, worked for an SO here for a while then got a job as a vendor rep... 5.11 I think but could be wrong.

I think he applied on their website, then went to an informal "interview" at a trade show or some such in Colorado Springs, then a more formal suit-and-tie interview somewhere in Denver.

Here's all the jobs 5.11 is advertising. I expect other major vendors have similar pages:

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INC10...postedDateDesc

There's 3 on there that would fall in the realm of "vendor rep".
      Last edited by tanksoldier; 10-30-2019, 03:57 PM.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12667 users online. 498 members and 12169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X