Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Patrol agent found dead near Salton Sea(CA)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol agent found dead near Salton Sea(CA)

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu191_2

May 11, 2007 09:51 PM MST

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department, the Imperial County Sheriff's Department and the Border Patrol have confirmed that deputies have found a dead Border Patrol K-9 agent near the Salton Sea.

Border Patrol agents responded to a call of a missing agent around 11 AM Friday morning and began searching the Coachella Canal around noon.

The body of the agent - who remains unidentified -- was found in that canal and appeared to have drowned.

Sheriff's Investigators from the Imperial County Sheriff's Department and Border Patrol agents remain on scene investigating.

Authorities say they found the body at Mineral Spa Road near Niland

Deputies say they found the person's dog running around in the area, but, then, later discovered the person's vehicle and body.

Deputies believe the person's death was caused by drowning, and they believe the person was on duty.

Sheriff's Investigators from the Imperial County Sheriff's Department and Border Patrol agents remain on scene investigating.

If you have any information on this case, you can call the Imperial County Sheriff's Department at 1-800-452-2051.

Drowning?..

Comment

Drowned at someone else's hand.

I'd be shocked were it to found an accident...

Another tragic death demonstrative of the inherent failure of the 'supporting' agency to actually support, but in-fact actively undermine, those doing the Lord's Work.

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to do their jobs at ICE. Must be like banging your head against a wall. Repeatedly.

EDJ
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
        Drowned at someone else's hand.

I'd be shocked were it to found an accident...

Another tragic death demonstrative of the inherent failure of the 'supporting' agency to actually support, but in-fact actively undermine, those doing the Lord's Work.

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to do their jobs at ICE. Must be like banging your head against a wall. Repeatedly.

EDJ
        Cherdickoff will say it was an accident just go he and Jorge Bush can claim the border is safe and the only people crossing it are peaceful hard workers with honest family values looking for a good days work.

Comment

Does sound a little fishy. I don't know anything about Border Patrol K-9's, but assume they are trained in handler protection? You would think if foul play was involved the dog would have got involved and either been shot or drowned also. So maybe it was an accident.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
            Cherdickoff will say it was an accident just go he and Jorge Bush can claim the border is safe and the only people crossing it are peaceful hard workers with honest family values looking for a good days work.
            ... folks who will be part of the permenent and "angry" underclass.folks who will do the will of corporate America-the same corporate america that is SCREWING U.S. citizens,Democrat and Republican !!! these BP guys are often alone and in isolated places where nobody can hear them scream for help,and it seems ,nobody that leads them cares.Reminds me of that federal ranger that was killed back in 2005.i bet that dog was a "seach and hold" only(non biting) and it wouldn't surprise me either if the Agent was attacked and murdered.God bless him and his family.........
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

sounds fishy to me from the get go..

My buddy was BP for 8 years and he never JUST WENT swimming
              Leave Space Empty

Comment

Agent identified

Border Patrol agent identified after death near Salton Sea

The authorities have indentified 37 year old Richard Goldstein as the dead Border Patrol k-9 agent near the Salton Sea.

He was five year veteran of force who was assigned to the El Centro sector's Indio station.

Border patrol agents responded to a call of a missing agent around 11 am friday morning and began searching the coachella canal around noon.

The body of Goldstein was found in that canal and appeared to have drowned.

Officials say he was reported missing on friday when his service car was found parked near the coachella canal, with his patrol dog sitting outside the vehicle.

Officials say it's unknown what the agent was doing in the area when he drowned.

For residents who live in a nearby mobile home park, right next to the Coachella Canal, Border Patrol agent Goldstein's death comes as a shock.

Border Patrol agents say Agent Goldstein leaves behind a wife and two kids.

If you have any information on this case, you can call the imperial county sheriff's department at 1-800-452-2051.

Comment

I posted this in the Officer Down News and Memorials Section.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...543#post876543

I hope there are some updates as to how the officer got in the canal. As previously posted by others,I don't think he just decided to go swimming on a whim or slipped off the canal bank. There has to be more to this.
                  www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
                  In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

There are many possibilities that don't include murder. It is a very unusual way to die though for one of these guys.
                    -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

The memorial service was yesterday. There were quite a few brothers from many state and local agencies there as well. It was quite a sight seeing well over 100 marked units in the motorcade. There were also military servicemen and firefighters not to mention all the civilian attendance. I can also tell you there wasn't a dry eye in the place when dispatch called for a wellfare check on Agent Goldstein to be answered by 10-7, 10-42. I found this news coverage of it which I thought was pretty well done:

http://www.kesq.com/global/video/pop...9&rnd=27578535

There is a fund set up for the family, you can mail any donations to the Indio Border Patrol Station. Checks payable to "Richard Goldstein Memorial Fund":

US Border Patrol, Indio Station
                      Welfare and Recreation
                      45620 Commerce
                      Indio, CA 92201
                      "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

A very tragic event. It pays to remember that typically more than 50% of officers killed in the line of duty die of accidental means (T/Cs, falls and yes occasionally drownings). Falling into a canal with body armor, heavy boots and a sam browne loaded with gear isn't something I'd want to do.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
                          Amazing what connections people can make to things like this and Bush. Maybe I'm the fool - I had a flat tire the other day and forgot to send the bill to the White House. No doubt, it was George's fault in some way or another.

It's a great thing to learn the significant difference between having a hard-on and believing you need to show it to everybody. Way, way TMI.

Comment

I realize no other info was posted on cause of death. The K-9 was found next to the vehicle and apparently soaking wet. Pure and complete speculation is that the dog went in and the agent must have fallen in while trying to save his K-9 partner.
                            "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Condolences to the family, friends and colleagues.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2980 users online. 137 members and 2843 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X