300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO vehicle insurance for your POV.

Are there any companies that give an LEO discount. i pay nearly 200 a month for my two vehicles and haven't had any issues for a loooong time.

i'm basically sick of paying this much.

when you add 2000 a year for gas and 2400 for insurance, it equals more than my car payments.

anyone else have this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it?

i have found:
    https://www.copcoverage.com/index2.htm

but is there anything else?
    "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

I recently switched to a company that advertises heavily and I did save about $400 a year.

I've been told that another major carrier here in PA does give a LEO discount. I'll PM you the name.
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
    09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Join the crowd, I'm not as bad off as you, but close. The way alot of people do it around here is sell all but 1 vehicle and use the **** out of take home car and let the agency pay for insruance/gas for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Operator13 View Post
        I recently switched to a company that advertises heavily and I did save about $400 a year.
        Are you a caveman?
        "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Some Farm Bureau agents offer LEO discounts.
          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Geico DOES have a rate for LEO's or other Govt employees.

Comment

Before you get too far, Ask or search about how well that company pays.
              The Auto Club in Calif. is higher than most--BUT, if you are in a crash-your fault or not--they simply say take it (your car)to to these selections A..B or C.
              Your medicals are paid, while they hash it out.
              I was hit by a driver insured by Nationwide. We had to take it to court, as they were not going to pay--PERIOD. Auto Club had long ago fixed my car and paid for surgery before we were awarded $50,000
              Allstate:
              A. delays paying.
              B. Often goes after the other party-regardless of whose fault it is.
              Last edited by xraodcop; 05-13-2007, 05:28 PM. Reason: Unclear message

Comment

GEICO gives a discount to military and federal employee's.... So does USAA... that's probably the closest you'll find.

Comment

Originally posted by MPSoldier84 View Post
                  GEICO gives a discount to military and federal employee's.... So does USAA... that's probably the closest you'll find.
                  GEICO was originally founded for Govt. Employees, hence "G-Govt. E-Employees, I-Insurace, CO-Company, which started sometime in the 1930's. The little lizard has lived a long life.

Same with USAA, being that it's for the military.

Some Insurance companies will give a LEO a "driver discount" for your EVOC, etc. USAA and State Farm both do.
                  "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

thanks for the insight.
                    "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Some companies will let you insure one veh as a "pleasure veh" if you have a take home patrol unit. It will cut one of your cars rates in half as long as you don't drive it to and from work.
                      Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

USAA gives a discount for LEO driver training?
                        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Farmers Insurance Co

I have seen Farmer's Insurance reps at many schools and conferences advertising LEO discounts on automobile and home owners insurance. But I have never really looked into it myself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5275 users online. 266 members and 5009 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X