300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan officer made pot brownies

I am amazed that they aren't pursuing this...

Police officer made pot brownies with his wife -- with drugs he took from suspects

Associated Press
    May. 10, 2007 08:06 AM

DEARBORN, Mich. - A police officer will avoid criminal charges despite admitting he took marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, baked it into brownies.

The police department's decision not to pursue a case against former Cpl. Edward Sanchez left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one city official, who vowed to investigate.

"If you're a cop and you're arresting people and you're confiscating the marijuana and keeping it yourself, that's bad. That's real bad," said City Councilman Doug Thomas.

Sanchez, who resigned last year from the department in this Detroit suburb, declined comment Wednesday to the Detroit Free Press. Police Cmdr. Jeff Geisinger did not return calls seeking comment.

The department's investigation began with a 911 call from Sanchez's home on April 21, 2006. On a 5-minute tape of the call, obtained by the Free Press, Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

"I think we're dying," he said. "We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."

Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping. In a subsequent interview, he admitted he got the marijuana out of the car himself and put it in the brownie mix, police said.

His wife also was not charged.
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

This job is hard enough w/o people like that. I'm surprised, and disappointed, they didn't charge him.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
      This job is hard enough w/o people like that. I'm surprised, and disappointed, they didn't charge him.
      They should have charged BOTH of them!
      In order to overdose a person would have to smoke so much that they would pass out before getting anywhere near the lethal amount. Too much can cause psychosis.
      This idiot got his high on , got paranoid
      and got busted
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

What a moron....

He should absolutely be charged. As it was already said, this job is hard enough without people like this tarnishing the badges we all wear.
        Retired 02/01/13

Comment

"I think we're dying," he said. "We made brownies and I think we're dead, I really do."
          Idiot, he should have known what he was getting into. And then to call 911 for a non-emergency...

But, then again, it wasn't really the end of the world. He is definitely a liar, but it doesn't sound like he's an evil guy. It sounds like his him & wife probably wanted to try something exciting but they couldn't handle it.

Comment

Charge the POS. It is sending a bad message.
            Space for rent .........

Comment

Sanchez, who resigned last year from the department.....that I had not heard, but I wonder what the circumstances where....nor that this all occured on April 21, 2007 since it made the local morning news 5/09/07.

I have to agree with what has been said...he and wife should be prosecuted and to not do so is BS. What a freckin idiot.
              Most important thing you and your partner do today is make off duty roll call.

There are very few problems which cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives.

“Is there one G or two G’s in staggered?”

“You better put two he was pretty drunk.”

Comment

Really, he stole evidence, did drugs and then tried to dime his wife out for the crime. Maybe not evil, but it sure is pushing the line.

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                He is definitely a liar, but it doesn't sound like he's an evil guy.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I dont get it either, but i'm sure they're just glad hes gone. I heard the 9-1-1 call a little while ago on TV...i gotta say - it was a RIOT...

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel View Post
                    Really, he stole evidence, did drugs and then tried to dime his wife out for the crime. Maybe not evil, but it sure is pushing the line.
                    True. But, evil or not, he definitely shouldn't be a cop.

Comment

One of my friends emailed the link to a video of a news broadcast (including the 911 call) of this (its gotta be, I mean how often does this happen), it quite funny.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1f4_1179038976&p=1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3027 users online. 134 members and 2893 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X