300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Police Deny ICE Use of Facilities

This city is really sliding into the morass. My son lives and works there, says the place is fast turning into a rathole, what with the homeless issues and non enforcement of quality of life problems. Funny part is, he's very Liberterian leaning to the left in his views.

Maybe there's hope for him?

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/201...-facility.html

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
    This city is really sliding into the morass. My son lives and works there, says the place is fast turning into a rathole, what with the homeless issues and non enforcement of quality of life problems. Funny part is, he's very Liberterian leaning to the left in his views.

Seattle/Tacoma was the same way when I was there last year, it's a miracle there's not massive manpower shortages. The only reason there isn't is because the pay is just barely good enough to entice people to work there...
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post

From what I understand, Antifa is practically the police for the city.
      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
      -Chris Rock

Comment

I find it strange they only went after ICE. Don’t HSI Investigations sometimes turn into removal operations?
        semper destravit

Comment

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          RGDS in fairness I don't think the average person who goes to work everyday is aware of HSI being associated with ICE. My personal opinion is that the Antifa types are too stupid to figure out HSI is also involved in those matters. As far as deportations are concerned, its my understanding they mainly go after serious offenders with documented crimes.

• RGDS
          RGDS commented
          Editing a comment
          The average person isn’t driving this discussion. Antifa isn’t at these policy meetings.

Those who created these policies know that ICE and HSI are the same coin, just a different side.

I for one am glad this isn’t an issue. While I might agree that a local cop’s job isn’t immigration enforcement... a jail is finite resource and perhaps it IS the jailer’s job to assist ICE given the unique nature of jails.

• Levithane
          Levithane commented
          Editing a comment
          All fair points. To me the core of the issue is that theres the mindset in certain states to create guidelines to where local LEOs aren't supposed to cooperate with ICE. As far as Antifa, you are correct they don't show up at policy meetings. Portland, on the other hand it seems from the outside looking in that the mayor is "sympathetic" to some degree of Antifa's cause.

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          HSI for the most part is out of immigration enforcement with a few exceptions.. mainly worksite enforcement, special interest countries and lengthy investigations with a nexus to immigration (like rampant fraud in student visas and birth tourism).

ERO is the interior immigration enforcement arm of the government as well as overseeing all aliens in removal proceedings (both detained and non detained). ERO is responsible for the actual removal of almost all aliens to their country of citizenship.

These sanctuary jurisdictions are baring ICE from locating, interviewing and arresting criminal aliens and criminal illegal aliens. The lefts taking points of how victims, witnesses or those who report crime will be in danger is pure BS. The only way one of them would get sacked up by ICE is if they had a local warrant and was picked up on that warrant and then ICE encountered them in the jail.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8235 users online. 393 members and 7842 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X