Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like such a tool....

Ok,

Today I am at work. I am stopping a few cars here and there, just relaxing trying to stay out of the heat as much as I can. I just get done stopping a car, writing a ticket and clear myself on the radio.

On the car radio comes on that boyband song "I want it that way" here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4J0kSby_Oc ... Now please dont rip on me to bad... but I think it is kind of catchy.... I know... I know... sounds gay... I challenge you to listen to it and not want to sing...

So I start singing along with the song. I am singing loud though, like I am on American Idol or something... (anyone who spends hours upon hours in a squad car alone know we sometimes do stupid stuff to entertain ourselves)

Well I look down and sure enough my radio mic was wedged between my metal ticket book holder and my flashlight charger causing me to have the dreaded "Open MIC"....

Thats right my freinds, I had just sang a solid 10 seconds of the faggiest song from the queerest band to not only to my coworkers, but several county LE and dispatch as well.

Needless to say everyone was having a good laugh at my expense... Anyone hiring cause I am never going to live this **** down....
    Retired 02/01/13

oh wow.....

sux to be you today, eh?.....
    Last edited by Scott941; 05-10-2007, 03:50 PM.

Comment

OMG, that is too funny! I wouldn't worry too much about it, someone else will screw up soon enough and your singing audition will take a back seat. I always check my mic/video which ever is the case, before I say or do anything that can come back to haunt me! LOL Thanks though, I don't feel so bad about tripping on video during a car stop now.

Comment

I sat on my mic during an assist the officer call as a rookie. Thank god nothing happed!! And the officer that was calling for the assist was my FTO. I felt like crap when the chase was over and he started talking about some idiot that had an open mic so he couldn’t give his updated location.

What was bad, I was first on the scene because i turned up the wrong street. I wanted to send my self back to the academy.
        Last edited by AKA=Cruz; 05-10-2007, 04:01 PM.
        "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

Ouch

That's rough. Really, in the LE realm is there anything worse you can do over the radio than sing a song like that? Britney spears song maybe?

Comment

It's not the faggiest or queerest song, although it is embarrassing.

Now if you were singing these lines:

- I'm a genie in a bottle, baby, come come c'mon on in...

- Dontcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me...

- Im too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy it hurts...

Comment

**snickers**

Make your life easier...go ahead and give yourself an atomic wedgie.
              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Oh, trust me, it could've been worse. Fire/EMS has it's moments too. I know of a certain high ranking fire officer who sang a LOVELY rendition of Donna Fargo's 'Happiest Girl in the Whole USA in an impromptu Open Mike Serenade.. Yes, over the airwaves, in his very distinctive voice came:

Shine on me sunshine walk with world
                It's a Skippedee-dooda day.
                I'm the happiest girl in the whole USA

And yes, he sang 'Happiest girl in the Whole USA'

Immediately upon arriving back at Fire Administration the chief looked at him and said 'Oh, DONNA, I just LOVE you...Can I PLEEEEEEEESE have your autograph (He refused the request, lol)

He walked in a staff meeting, and four of his peers formed a quick barber shop quartet and serenaded him with the first two lines of the song.

Even his KIDS gave him no peace.

So worry not...you are not alone, and your concert will ultimately be replaces with another Open Mike Nightmare.

Rob

Comment

I love the replies guys thanks...

Luckily I work with a bunch of guys who are true freinds...

Sure, They will play this out till its just completely exhausted, Luckily the true intent of them is to make us all laugh in a job at times that can be a pain... and...

I will forever be known as the 5th Backstreet boys member....

(Disclaimer- any bad guys reading this, bring this up and I will seperate your arm and elbow socket with a forceful pain compliance move..............go ahead and claim brutality, they will laugh at you and tell you...... he sings backstreet boys songs....)

Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                    **snickers**

Make your life easier...go ahead and give yourself an atomic wedgie.

10-4 wedgie time..... UGGGGGHHHH!!!!
                    Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97 View Post
                      Ok,

Today I am at work. I am stopping a few cars here and there, just relaxing trying to stay out of the heat as much as I can. I just get done stopping a car, writing a ticket and clear myself on the radio.

On the car radio comes on that boyband song "I want it that way" here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4J0kSby_Oc ... Now please dont rip on me to bad... but I think it is kind of catchy.... I know... I know... sounds gay... I challenge you to listen to it and not want to sing...

So I start singing along with the song. I am singing loud though, like I am on American Idol or something... (anyone who spends hours upon hours in a squad car alone know we sometimes do stupid stuff to entertain ourselves)

Well I look down and sure enough my radio mic was wedged between my metal ticket book holder and my flashlight charger causing me to have the dreaded "Open MIC"....

Thats right my freinds, I had just sang a solid 10 seconds of the faggiest song from the queerest band to not only to my coworkers, but several county LE and dispatch as well.

Needless to say everyone was having a good laugh at my expense... Anyone hiring cause I am never going to live this **** down....
                      Haa Haa, yes the song is catchy. Your story is classic as many of us have done the same, but have not fessed up to it here. There is a thread regarding open mics. No, it will be a long time, perhaps never before you will live that down.

here is the link: http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...light=open+mic
                      Last edited by deputy x 2; 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM.
                      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

(Disclaimer- any bad guys reading this, bring this up and I will seperate your arm and elbow socket with a forceful pain compliance move..............go ahead and claim brutality, they will laugh at you and tell you...... he sings backstreet boys songs....)
                        It's bad enough that I just got back from the dentist and I can't drink anything without drooling, but somehow this comment made me spit water everywhere without even feeling it.

Comment

Oh darlin... That is too funny. I shouldn't laugh (if you'd ever heard me sing you'd know the true definition of catterwallin') at other peoples misfortunes, but I can't help myself. So tell us, just between friends, how many shades of red did you turn when you realized that you still had an open mic?
                          R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                          I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Welcome to the Open Mic Follies.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97 View Post
                              Ok,

Thats right my friends, I had just sang a solid 10 seconds of the faggiest song from the queerest band to not only to my coworkers, but several county LE and dispatch as well.

Hey, Bigcop97.

and anyone else who would like to know.

I just thought you might like to know that Weird Al Yankovic did a couple of parodies on this song.

"I bought it on eBay."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU

It's interesting to me that you brought up the gay thing because Weird Al did a second parody on the song and titled it "Which Backstreet Boy is Gay". I guess he really wanted to know, because at the end he proclaims that they're all gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1i2-Vmqs8

I damned near fell out of my chair when I read this post.
                              www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
                              In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5910 users online. 322 members and 5588 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X