Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid people send money to a guy that has money. I hope his attorney eats it up on hours.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Stupid people send money to a guy that has money. I hope his attorney eats it up on hours.
      He is union, no need to pay an attorney.

Comment

• Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        My plan is to have an MOU with the Rooftop Koreans. That will ensure the safety of my AO.
        Think those Korean-Americans would trust you?

Comment

• They do. We’ve had long discussions and have an MOU.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Good morning, everyone...

In the case of France, which is the only one I know, I think the situation is good, units are specifically trained to be deployed on short notice in the face of serious public security problems. These are the republican security companies, which are part of the national police force, and the mobile gendarmerie squads, which, as the name suggests, are part of the national gendarmerie. They operate at the national level.

For less desperate situations, the local brigades and police stations in towns and villages have specialized units, which can deal with situations of public disorder before having to hand over to the above-mentioned units. In Paris: the intervention companies of the Public Order and Traffic Directorate, the security and intervention companies and departmental anti-crime brigades of the Paris Urban Area Security Directorate. In the provinces, i.e. outside Paris, there are similar units depending on the size of the cities. For the gendarmerie there are surveillance and intervention platoons, which act to help several brigades, on the scale of a subdivision of a department, it would be a county for the Americans I think.

These units experienced the 2006 demonstrations, the 2005 riots, the yellow vest crisis, and the 2016 demonstrations against the labour law. The CRS have several training centers, and the mobile gendarmes have the National Gendarmerie Training Center, the largest center in Europe where U.S. Marines train.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• Article today in the NYTimes about mounting concerns over a not-so-smooth November. The article predicts the 2020 election will mirror 1876, where Governor Samuel Tilden of New York didn't concede to Governor Rutherford Hayes of Ohio until two days before inauguration and President Ulysses S. Grant was concerned enough about political violence that he began planning for martial law:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/24/u...gtype=Homepage

Trivia: When was the last time martial law was declared in the US?

Answer: The last time martial law was officially imposed was 1961 by the governor in Alabama to fend off "outside agitators".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martia..._United_States

Trivia: Has martial law ever been imposed on the entire country?

No, but in 2007, President G.W. Bush signed into law the John Warner Act, which allows the president to order the militia (the National Guard, not a bunch of Bubbas with AR-15s) or the armed forces to take necessary measures to suppress any insurrection, and gives the authority over governors to federalize the national guard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W...scal_Year_2007

Practical exercise: political violence erupts after 2020 election and Potus imposes martial law on a national scale. Per the John Warner Act, Potus mobilizes the National Guard as well as directs the Department of Defense to provide personnel and assets to counter any threats to government and regime.

Question: How would your chief or sheriff react to federal troops rolling down the street and taking control of your jurisdiction?
              For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

-HL Mencken

Comment

• Ratatatat
                Ratatatat commented
                Editing a comment
                Correction: further review identified Lincoln imposed martial law during the Civil War- however the Supreme Court held it unconstitutional where local civilian courts were still operating. So technically, martial law has been previously imposed on the entire country (but was knocked down).

• Someone must have been looking into a crystal ball. It looks like 1967 all over again, with the pandemic, election and civil unrest occurring at the same time. There is an opportunity to provide real leadership. Grabbing my second popcorn and soda.
              Last edited by retired137; Yesterday, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Double post.

Comment

• ^1967 and 2020....proving that everything is cyclical.

Look at how fast this tinderbox ignited. The incident occurred on Monday; four days later, the police station went up in flames.

Is this week a precursor to the boogaloo? Or isolated civil disobedience? Only time will tell....

And it's only May. God help us when July gets here.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/the...n-minneapolis/

-HL Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by retired137 View Post
                    Someone must have been looking into a crystal ball. It looks like 1967 all over again, with the pandemic, election and civil unrest occurring at the same time. There is an opportunity to provide real leadership. Grabbing my second popcorn and soda.

-HL Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

The "R" word is looking better and better. With the possibility of civil unrest occurring I'm not sure whether I would commit anyone to extinguish any fire, medical aid is a different story. Last thing I would want is to exit having lost someone or have someone severely injured. Not a great way to retire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3980 users online. 195 members and 3785 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X