Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisville police chief says officers' morale is not his job, then apologizes

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ob/2370033001/
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

So the morale problem is the sergeant’s and commanding officer’s responsibility, but not the Chief? The buck stops where?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
      So the morale problem is the sergeant’s and commanding officer’s responsibility, but not the Chief? The buck stops where?
      Somewhere below the administrative level, apparently. Unfortunately, it's not the first time I've heard someone at command level in a PD make the comment that morale is a officer problem and not an department or administrative problem.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The council is not a fan of him. And the PD gave him a no-confidence vote. Damn it makes me wonder if he had photos of the mayor in a leather suit on his knees licking a boot heel. What makes the mayor keep this guy for this long? And to think, i got hired by them and almost moved for LMPD.

Comment

LAPD's Bernie Parks said the same thing. Seems that all the 'vote of no-confidence' chiefs have that in common.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Eff that guy...

Comment

Look, I get the argument that morale is in supervisors' hands. I've been there.
              You know where I've also been? I know for a fact what can improve morale and admin ties my hands on it because they want to play ball with bean counters.
              **** this guy. I'd be looking for a new agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8076 users online. 381 members and 7695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X