X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaah, Community Outreach

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=kGUjc_1567520236

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Nothing quite like maintaining that professional demeanor on duty...
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It seems there's a video like this posted after every Puerto Rican Day parade. I think it just comes with the territory in NYC.

I mean, stop and think about it for a minute - you know hundreds of people are watching and you are being videoed. It's a no win situation. Do you go with the flow? Do you run away while a girl chases you? Do you hook her up? No matter what you do its going to be wrong in the eyes of a lot of people.

Perhaps one of the NYPD guys can chime in here and clarify?
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        It seems there's a video like this posted after every Puerto Rican Day parade. I think it just comes with the territory in NYC.

I mean, stop and think about it for a minute - you know hundreds of people are watching and you are being videoed. It's a no win situation. Do you go with the flow? Do you run away while a girl chases you? Do you hook her up? No matter what you do its going to be wrong in the eyes of a lot of people.

Perhaps one of the NYPD guys can chime in here and clarify?
        You'll notice what the officer did next to him...the woman figured out pretty quick that she wasn't going to get a reaction when he just kinda stood there with his arms folded. That would seem to be the most neutral way to react. I suppose you could go so far as to say, "Do you mind? Move along." The officer who is dancing might as well have been tucking bucks in a strip club...totally unprofessional.
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

Being around the public in uniform sometimes has its dowside

This summer I was caught (NOTHING like this) on camera in public that was broadcast over the jumbo tron to the entire venue of about 25,000.

I was working the county fair while Country Music Star Tim McGraw was performing . During the concert McGraw came off stage and walked the fence line singing one of his songs & giving fans a "close show". I was at my normal post right on the fence line at an entrance point to the back stage area.

McGraw is singing as he walked down the line, stopped for a while then started back toward the stage......We are trying to hold the crowed back from the walkway when he comes up locks eyes with me and sticks the microphone in my face trying to get me to sing into it. He nods his head and encourages me to sing out.
          #1 I don't sing
          #2 I had no Idea what the song was
          #3 I don't follow country music

I looked like a fool......................over the next couple nights I was shown several versions of the incident on cell phones from people who video'ed it and was sent a couple clips via Facebook messenger /Instagram from friends
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Being around the public in uniform sometimes has its dowside

This summer I was caught (NOTHING like this) on camera in public that was broadcast over the jumbo tron to the entire venue of about 25,000.

I was working the county fair while Country Music Star Tim McGraw was performing . During the concert McGraw came off stage and walked the fence line singing one of his songs & giving fans a "close show". I was at my normal post right on the fence line at an entrance point to the back stage area.

McGraw is singing as he walked down the line, stopped for a while then started back toward the stage......We are trying to hold the crowed back from the walkway when he comes up locks eyes with me and sticks the microphone in my face trying to get me to sing into it. He nods his head and encourages me to sing out.
            #1 I don't sing
            #2 I had no Idea what the song was
            #3 I don't follow country music

I looked like a fool......................over the next couple nights I was shown several versions of the incident on cell phones from people who video'ed it and was sent a couple clips via Facebook messenger /Instagram from friends

1,537,405 youtube views, make that 1,537,406

Note: Since I posted, youtube view count is 1,550,806.
            Last edited by BTDT2; 09-04-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

1,537,405 youtube views, make that 1,537,406
              I have NOT seen it on youtube..........................THANK GOD
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• BTDT2
                BTDT2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that you’re a celebrity will you consider a Sheriff’s Department lip sync video?

• Iowa #1603
                Iowa #1603 commented
                Editing a comment
                We now have a young enough department that I could see it happening

A cringe worthy attempt at humanizing the badge. With that being said, he has immepecable rhymth.
              Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Incredibly unprofessional.

Comment

Shouldn't had gotten caught on camera.

Comment

"I know what I was feelin', but what was I thinkin'...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 223 members and 4718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X