300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeland Security

Any advise on trying to get my foot in the door with the agency? I am a recent college grad with a background in MIS (information systems & security) and Justice & Law. What steps should I take?

Thank you.

Originally posted by KO NYY23 View Post
    Any advise on trying to get my foot in the door with the agency? I am a recent college grad with a background in MIS (information systems & security) and Justice & Law. What steps should I take?

Thank you.
    DHS is mostly an amalgam of subordinate agencies: ICE, Border Patrol, Secret Service, Coast Guard, etc. If you want to work under DHS, your best bet is to research the available jobs within those agencies. Keep in mind that there are more non-law enforcement jobs there than there are sworn positions, and if you want to use your IT skills, that is probably where you will be most likely to do so.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Try http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/

All the open fed jobs are here.
      It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

getting in

Originally posted by KO NYY23 View Post

Thank you.
        Depending on your age I would say go with the Justice & Law portion of Your back ground and get a 6c covered position. That is the 20 year and you can retire plan. Of course you dont have to retire but then you can switch to a le job that doesnt have 6c coverage until you had enough working. Some places like Bureau of Prisons 6c cover even their admin types. There maybe you can get 6c coverage but not work as an officer. Either way research whats out there and pick a few positions you like and apply apply apply. Good luck

PS I am a customs and border protection officer we do not have 6c coverage and it has been in bills since before I was hired over 10 years ago. ICE agents and Customes and Border Protection Enforcement agents are covered. Also we have CI's Criminal Investigators that are covered position.
        Reality is only a perception

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6318 users online. 363 members and 5955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X