300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant question

does anyone have any experience with federal grants for purchasing drones for police use?
    "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

I don't know anything about grants, but I do know that LEO's have to have significant training and certification to fly drones. Under Federal regulations, you practically need to have a pilot's license to use a drone as a part of LE duties...it's one reason that drones have not caught on in LE like many people would expect.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Levithane
      Levithane commented
      Editing a comment
      >When the licenses cost more than the $30.00 to $1000.00 drone.

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
    I don't know anything about grants, but I do know that LEO's have to have significant training and certification to fly drones. Under Federal regulations, you practically need to have a pilot's license to use a drone as a part of LE duties...it's one reason that drones have not caught on in LE like many people would expect.
    Almost every agency around here has a drone and a pilot.............
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Almost every agency around here has a drone and a pilot.............
      I can only think of one agency that has a drone in my area. Several others considered it, even going so far as to secure funding for the drones, only to drop the idea after they did some research into the necessary certification.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post

I can only think of one agency that has a drone in my area. Several others considered it, even going so far as to secure funding for the drones, only to drop the idea after they did some research into the necessary certification.
        We are finding them excellent for lost people (both children and adult) and fugitives who have gone to ground in wooded or crops
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

We are finding them excellent for lost people (both children and adult) and fugitives who have gone to ground in wooded or crops
          Working in a heavily-agricultural, rural community, we would love to have easy access to a drone. There have been multiple instances where they would have been extremely useful. But that decision is well above my pay grade...
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7990 users online. 397 members and 7593 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X