300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris headed to jail...or maybe not

Paris Hilton must serve 45 days in jail for violating her probation by driving without a valid license.

During the hearing in which she was 10 minutes late, she told the judge she doesn't read her mail, someone else does it for her, she doesn't read what she signs, she just signs anything, and she blamed her publicist for telling her the wrong information about driving with a revoked license. (Her publicist has since resigned.) As such, she is a victim, and so her punishment does not fit the crime. She called it cruel and unwarranteed. It is ludicrous, says Paris, followed by tears after she boarded her ride. Her lawyer immediately filed an appeal.

Fellow news and entertainment people who were asked about it think it is only fair, esp. with drunk driving involved. Larry King said one DUI maybe, but 2, it should be a wake up call for her, the jail sentence fits the crime.

What do you think...will she get away with it or not?

Hell yeah, just because she's rich and spoiled doesn't mean she's above the law. I'm a cop, but I can't go out and get tanked and ride around, why can she? Since she's so freaking rich, not driving should be a non-issue with her.
    Limo any one?

She's just a spoiled girl who thinks that she can do whatever she wants with no personal responsibilities of her own.
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn020
      Hope she gets it to the full extent of the law.
      Well considering she has to report to Jail on June 5 for 45 days in prison...I think that's the answer you are looking for.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

She's somehow going to make money off this too! I hope she has a great time
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

She already got that. Oh... The full extent of the law. My bad.

Comment

Her excuses are terribly weak. A mixup with her publicist? The JUDGE is who makes the decision on punishment. You drink and drive, your privileges get revoked. DUH. She should have called the court, not her personal circle of elite helpers.

I'm sure she was 10 minutes late because she tripped over a cordless phone and scraped her knee.
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I'm glad they're sending her off to jail. She's such a spoiled brat who thinks she owns the world. Anyone else (a "regular joe") would get that kind of punishment for the same offence, why should she be any difference? Good Riddance, maybe she'll stop being such an airhead.
              Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Well ,you know sometimes celebrities get away even with murder sometimes.
                I`d rather have one hundred enemies than one backstabbing friend.

Comment

While I completely applaud the fact that stick-tard is going to jail, I'm not really sure what good it would do. Now hold on before you go ko-ko-ca-choo. Seriously what will jail mean to her? We are talking about someone with no concept of the real world. Who forgets what a gas gauge is in a $250,00 Bentley?
                  Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                  I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                  Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                  as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Boo hoo.

Although I must admit, if I were the judge, I would look into if ensuring that she can't breed would be cruel and unusual. Good trade off? No jail time in exchange for a healthier gene pool.

Comment

Originally posted by JBean View Post
                      During the hearing in which she was 10 minutes late, she told the judge she doesn't read her mail, someone else does it for her, she doesn't read what she signs, she just signs anything, and she blamed her publicist for telling her the wrong information about driving with a revoked license. (Her publicist has since resigned.) As such, she is a victim, and so her punishment does not fit the crime. She called it cruel and unwarranteed. It is ludicrous, says Paris, followed by tears after she boarded her ride. Her lawyer immediately filed an appeal.
                      If you screw up in the business world and are at the top of the food chain, offering up one of your subordinate's careers as an atonement is not unusual. In this setting you can go on screwing up forever, or until you run out of flunkies to sacrifice.

However, the legal system usually sees it differently. While you can delegate many of your duties to others, you can't delegate your responsibility to perform those duties in compliance with the law. Judging from Paris' comments, she forgot that. Oh well, too bad. 45 days isn't too long.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Paris shmaris, wake me when the prison video comes out.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                          Oh well, too bad. 45 days isn't too long.
                          EXACTLY, it isn't like she has a job she is going to lose while shes in there, if anything she should look at it as a field trip. Heck, if I had done everything there was to do in life and had all the money in the world, but had not yet been to jail, I wouldn't mind going as to see what it's like, assuming I had no career to ruin.

Besides, she can probably get in one of those fancy spa jails that were on the news recently, they basically let you watch tv, surf the web and come and go as you please.

Comment

My Favorite is her claim that the Cops' are always pulling her over to try and hit on her... Even back in the days when i did most of my thinking with my umm "Lower Extremity" i wouldnt have found that thing hittable.

Comment

Originally posted by AZLawDawg View Post
                              Paris shmaris, wake me when the prison video comes out.
                              See I know she can market this to make a profit. LOL
                              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4776 users online. 290 members and 4486 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X