300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
    From what I understand the proposed law that started this got quashed due to the people's opposition to it.

I can sympathize with you all over the China situation. But I can't understand why you all are taking it out on your fellow citizens? Burning public and or private property? Disrupting other people's lives? Murdering police officers and soldiers! Why?

Sorry we're not going to tell you how we would handle it.
    This is how it started.
    A couple of youth from HK went to Taiwan.
    During the time they stayed in Taiwan, the boy killed the girl and came back to HK.
    Later Taiwan police found the girl's body, and its easy to chase and find out the boy.
    The boy in HK, even admitted to HK police that he killed the girl in Taiwan.
    As the murdering itself was happening in Taiwan, HK need to send the boy to Taiwan for legal action.
    The problem is, there is no such law to transfer criminal from HK TO ALL COUNTRIES. Thats why HK government wanted to amend the law.
    And as the proposed law now has been cancelled, now the boy is free.

However we all know, anything that named or related to"China", people seems to have a negative instinct on it, without any reason.
    And the proposed law, TO ALL COUNTRIES which means including China, thats why people opposite it.

Well I can tell, China is good and people in China is good, we dont need your sympathy.

Under the current law, if I murder someone in China and came back to HK
    HK government can't send me back to China. is it funny?

Comment

So, these mass protests are really over a form of extradition law and not about an semi autonomous city state being forcibly absorbed into a larger more authoritarian government.

So, ALL of these protests started because people don’t want an admitted murderer sent back to the country where he committed his crime?

That just doesn't sit well with Americans. We are a law and order society. You do the crime, you do the time.

Also, the size and scope of these protests do not happen here. Largely that is because: 1) we have a right to peacefully assemble (that isn’t easily overturned by the police, elected leaders or the courts.) and 2) we have mostly fair and honest elections for representative government and those elected leaders are responsive to the concerns of the community and 3) as another former British colony we didn’t wait to be turned over to someone else. We fought for our independence and won.
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by molittlemo View Post

This is how it started.
        A couple of youth from HK went to Taiwan.
        During the time they stayed in Taiwan, the boy killed the girl and came back to HK.
        Later Taiwan police found the girl's body, and its easy to chase and find out the boy.
        The boy in HK, even admitted to HK police that he killed the girl in Taiwan.
        As the murdering itself was happening in Taiwan, HK need to send the boy to Taiwan for legal action.
        The problem is, there is no such law to transfer criminal from HK TO ALL COUNTRIES. Thats why HK government wanted to amend the law.
        And as the proposed law now has been cancelled, now the boy is free.

However we all know, anything that named or related to"China", people seems to have a negative instinct on it, without any reason.
        And the proposed law, TO ALL COUNTRIES which means including China, thats why people opposite it.

Well I can tell, China is good and people in China is good, we dont need your sympathy.

Under the current law, if I murder someone in China and came back to HK
        Ok then! Sympathy withdrawn.

Didn't know about the murder of the little Taiwanese girl part.

Looks like y'all will be getting what y'all deserve.

Comment

Anyone notice the OP went from what appeared as a position of being a victim, HK, to oppressor, China good.

Sorry Comrade. Go somewhere else to seek kudos for a dysfunctional dictatorship led country that gleefully slaughters thousands of citizens a year and uses child slaves to line the pockets of its rulers, polluting the environment and always blaming others.

If you REALLY are HK, then as was said, this was brought on by you protecting murderers. Your agenda on here is obvious.

Here’s a Shinebox, learn a real trade..
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• westside popo
            westside popo commented
            Editing a comment
            Noticed it too and was about to comment on it.

In fact, many of us believe HK police is too kind to handle this chaotic situation
          Thats why I wanted to know, what will you guys too..??
          For example..
          This is what happened one night back in July
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLYwZV7n5L8 (The one kicked and attached is a officer)

And this is what happened yesterday (12/8/19)

They were in HK airport and forced all flights to cancelled
          But HK police doing nothing.
          I don’t really know a lot about the current situation but shutting down an airport and stranding thousands of people isn’t a good way to get them on your side. Just like, around 2005, in Chicago a massive protest by illegal aliens shut down half the city and caused me to spend 3 hours in traffic to get home. This did not make me want to join their cause.

Comment

Enough about all that. Have you ever been to the Macau Grand Prix?

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
              So, these mass protests are really over a form of extradition law and not about an semi autonomous city state being forcibly absorbed into a larger more authoritarian government.

So, ALL of these protests started because people don’t want an admitted murderer sent back to the country where he committed his crime?

That just doesn't sit well with Americans. We are a law and order society. You do the crime, you do the time.

Also, the size and scope of these protests do not happen here. Largely that is because: 1) we have a right to peacefully assemble (that isn’t easily overturned by the police, elected leaders or the courts.) and 2) we have mostly fair and honest elections for representative government and those elected leaders are responsive to the concerns of the community and 3) as another former British colony we didn’t wait to be turned over to someone else. We fought for our independence and won.
              ALL of these protests started because people don’t want an admitted murderer sent back to the country where he committed his crime?
              Yes because after the law is passed, HK government can send the the criminal back to the countries (Taiwan, China, US, etc...)

we have a right to peacefully assemble
              Of couse we do have in HK.. but
              https://www.facebook.com/SaluteToHKP...8891159263573/
              https://www.facebook.com/jina.zuo/vi...4MDE2Njg0ODMx/
              https://www.facebook.com/bauhiniahk/...3MjM4ODcxMzAx/
              https://www.facebook.com/ed.ha.167/v...type=3&theater
              https://www.facebook.com/cleanhk/vid...3928315464126/

any peace there?
              Last edited by molittlemo; 08-13-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Of course I support the law, order, peaceful.
                But the protests now are distorying HK.

Those protestors said HK police should not use any force, even protestors attack HK police like this
                https://www.facebook.com/SaluteToHKP...8891159263573/

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                  Enough about all that. Have you ever been to the Macau Grand Prix?

LOL no.. the hotel is damn expensive

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's on our list of things to do.

• molittlemo
                    molittlemo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its worth going but try to book the hotel earlier.

Stay safe, mo.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
                    Stay safe, mo.
                    Thanks.. Of course I hate this riot and support the law.
                    https://www.facebook.com/lovehunghom...4NTExMTE3OTg1/

This is whats happening in HK...
                    I support officer to catch as much as they can.
                    and I think its okay for the officer to fire in this video.

Comment

Dear All Officer.

I am from Hong Kong. I believe many of you do know whats happening in HK.
                      Please free feel to ask.
                      You guys are part of China now. To be honest I'm surprised you have as much freedom as you do.

Not exactly true... many places and peoples have reason to distrust China. Tibet, for one.

However, the re-integration of Hong Kong into China is simply a reality of world politics. the UK had to give it up, China has to govern it.

I think its okay for the officer to fire in this video.
                      Of course, that isn't for us to say. He's working under completely different laws and policing philosophy than we do in the US. Even in the US laws differ from state to state (province to province). What is OK in once place may not be in another.

nder the current law, if I murder someone in China and came back to HK

It's not "funny", it's that way for a reason. HK under UK governance learned that the Chinese government could not be trusted regarding accusations against it's own citizens and inconvenient foreigners. Also, there was effectively a national border to cross guarded by Gurkhas.
                      Last edited by tanksoldier; 08-15-2019, 11:30 AM.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4839 users online. 189 members and 4650 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X