Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear All. I am from Hong Kong

Dear All Officer.

I am from Hong Kong. I believe many of you do know whats happening in HK.
    Please free feel to ask.

Thanks.

My question is what is your reason for posting here?

American policing is not like policing in China or Hong Kong. I sympathize with those protesting the PRC’s power display but once the UK pulled out at the turn of the century, anyone who isn’t comfortable with how Beijing operates should have left.

Perhaps you should petition the UN for recognition.
    semper destravit

Comment

I'l ask something different.

How difficult is it for an American to visit the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone from Hong Kong?

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• threeofnine
        threeofnine commented
        Editing a comment
        I lived in Shenzhen for almost 10 years. Unless somethings changed you can get a 14 day visa at the border. It’s only valid for SZ and if you get caught outside of the city you will get a fine. I never actually used the visa on arrival as I always had a long term visa but I know there is a special line at the Louhu crossing to obtain one.

I once went to a website (during mid 90s) that listed open LEO positions by city. Out of curiosity, I looked at the posting for Hong Kong PD. They were still under British rule back then, so it was a little interesting to me. I'm glad I didn't apply. Retirement probably sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post

American policing is not like policing in China or Hong Kong. I sympathize with those protesting the PRC’s power display but once the UK pulled out at the turn of the century, anyone who isn’t comfortable with how Beijing operates should have left.

Dont get me wrong, many of people in Hong Kong are fine with the current status.
        And its not much to do with Beijing.

well.. HK policing did not change much after UK pulling out. It should be more less the same with UK and US.
        I just wonder, what will US police do if your police station under attack like this:

https://www.facebook.com/HongKongNew...Tg5OTExOTYxMA/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdhCjTm7rAU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWkxl_qb06M

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
          I'l ask something different.

How difficult is it for an American to visit the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone from Hong Kong?
          its not difficult if you are for leisure or business purpose..

Comment

• L-1
            L-1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was under the impression it required a special Visa and that such Visas were hard to obtain for Americans.

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
          I once went to a website (during mid 90s) that listed open LEO positions by city. Out of curiosity, I looked at the posting for Hong Kong PD. They were still under British rule back then, so it was a little interesting to me. I'm glad I didn't apply. Retirement probably sucks.
          it did not change much and more less the same under British rule.
          as I can said, its well paid. lol

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post

In fact, many of us believe HK police is too kind to handle this chaotic situation
            Thats why I wanted to know, what will you guys too..??
            For example..
            This is what happened one night back in July
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLYwZV7n5L8 (The one kicked and attached is a officer)

And this is what happened yesterday (12/8/19)

They were in HK airport and forced all flights to cancelled
            But HK police doing nothing.
            Last edited by molittlemo; 08-12-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

China is your Master. That’s ALL on you, not us.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                China is your Master. That’s ALL on you, not us.
                It is.. but thats not my intention to open this post.
                What I am interest in is, what will you do if you face the same situation?
                Police and police station being attacked, given the policing in HK is similar to UK and US.

Comment

It is not similar. We don’t have the issues you do. We also don’t discuss tactics. If an attack happened, we would handle it.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Being able to peacefully demonstrate is a protected right in the US, both under freedom of speech and freedom to peaceably assemble. Unfortunately, China historically has a poor track record when it comes to dealing with peaceful demonstrations (Tiananmen Square). With Hong Kong's special status, you would have to deal with it in your own way...how we do it here in the US doesn't really apply and I would hope that Hong Kong LEO's would be resistant to dealing with it as the PRC did in the past.
                    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
                      Being able to peacefully demonstrate is a protected right in the US, both under freedom of speech and freedom to peaceably assemble. Unfortunately, China historically has a poor track record when it comes to dealing with peaceful demonstrations (Tiananmen Square). With Hong Kong's special status, you would have to deal with it in your own way...how we do it here in the US doesn't really apply and I would hope that Hong Kong LEO's would be resistant to dealing with it as the PRC did in the past.
                      I can say,,, its quite wrong.
                      China do have peaceful demonstrations right.
                      When you said (Tiananmen Square), the so called "million students" had been staying there for over 3 months.
                      it changed until its not peaceful anymore.
                      Police and solder were attached to death..

In HK, again we have the right of peaceful demonstrations
                      But please note that, from 12 June 2019 its not a peaceful demonstration at all.
                      I have shared some of the link above..

Comment

Originally posted by molittlemo View Post

I can say,,, its quite wrong.
                        China do have peaceful demonstrations right.
                        When you said (Tiananmen Square), the so called "million students" had been staying there for over 3 months.
                        it changed until its not peaceful anymore.
                        Police and solder were attacked to death..

Students were armed

Buses were burnt

Tanks were burnt too

In HK, again we have the right of peaceful demonstrations
                        But please note that, from 12 June 2019 its not a peaceful demonstration at all.
                        I have shared some of the link above..

Comment

From what I understand the proposed law that started this got quashed due to the people's opposition to it.

I can sympathize with you all over the China situation. But I can't understand why you all are taking it out on your fellow citizens? Burning public and or private property? Disrupting other people's lives? Murdering police officers and soldiers! Why?

Sorry we're not going to tell you how we would handle it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5025 users online. 205 members and 4820 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X