Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

well, it was a WHITE Bronco
    There goes another keyboard.... LMAO!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
      Suicide..... I bet the 6 shots to the back of his head was their first clue....
      I knew of one of those once in Northern Missouri................and Iowa Pedophile made the mistake of crossing the state line.

Shotgun to the back of the head and said shotgun found 1/2 mile away......................Sheriff / Coroner declared it a suicide
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

When I started working in the County Jail, our suicide watches were checks done every 15 minutes. In those old single cells, all the walls were welded sheet steel on five sides with an old style sliding bar door. There was a huge steel box at the top for the gang open/close mechanism. The sink and toilet were both porcelain, no toilet seat. Stainless hadn't been widely installed yet. The inmate was stripped to boxer shorts and placed in leg irons and belly chains for the duration. They were placed in a cell with a bare mattress and a woolen blanket. No sheets, no anything. They were told if any damage happened to the blanket, it would be taken away and they would freeze. When they had to defecate, two of us had to go in and take one hand out of the cuffs so the inmate could wipe. No excess toilet paper was left in the cell. They were not allowed any personal effects, no books or pencils or Styrofoam cups, no plastic spoons. When they were finished eating, cups, plates, spoons and excess food were taken away. They were actually not allowed to have whole apples for awhile. The seeds supposedly contain a minute amount of cyanide. Somebody heard of a guy who saved apple seeds and swallowed a bunch at one time and killed himself.

Despite all that, I saw one inmate slam his wrists and handcuffs on the sink so hard, it broke large chunks of porcelain off, which he then used to slice open both of his forearms to the bone. Thankfully, he was unable to reach his throat, and didn't think to cut his femoral. As it was, we barely got him to the hospital in time. He did have broken bones in his forearms, besides the gashes. He was really determined to go.

Some years later, the new jail opened and procedures were changed. Cells were arranged to allow easier viewing of the inmates. The belly chains and leg irons were no longer used except in movement to other areas. Specially made 'suicide gowns' were put in use, although they still weren't allowed sheets or jail uniforms. Cups and spoons were still taken away

One thing I found disturbing about the Epstein case... the news reported he had an incident where he may or may not have attempted suicide and was placed on a suicide watch. That was July 23rd. Apparently he was re-evaluated on the 29th and taken off suicide watch and placed back in general population, although a single cell. Maybe it's different in New York, but in my experience, having an evaluation and being removed from a suicide watch that fast is nearly unheard of. Most people placed on a watch stay on a watch throughout their stay. Only in rare instances were long term inmates in a pretrial jail taken off watch. The ones that were kept on watch stayed that way more as a 'cover your ***' than any other reason. I dont know why they didn't do the same with Epstein, being such a high profile case.

You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post
          When I started working in the County Jail, our suicide watches were checks done every 15 minutes. In those old single cells, all the walls were welded sheet steel on five sides with an old style sliding bar door. There was a huge steel box at the top for the gang open/close mechanism. The sink and toilet were both porcelain, no toilet seat. Stainless hadn't been widely installed yet. The inmate was stripped to boxer shorts and placed in leg irons and belly chains for the duration. They were placed in a cell with a bare mattress and a woolen blanket. No sheets, no anything. They were told if any damage happened to the blanket, it would be taken away and they would freeze. When they had to defecate, two of us had to go in and take one hand out of the cuffs so the inmate could wipe. No excess toilet paper was left in the cell. They were not allowed any personal effects, no books or pencils or Styrofoam cups, no plastic spoons. When they were finished eating, cups, plates, spoons and excess food were taken away. They were actually not allowed to have whole apples for awhile. The seeds supposedly contain a minute amount of cyanide. Somebody heard of a guy who saved apple seeds and swallowed a bunch at one time and killed himself.

Despite all that, I saw one inmate slam his wrists and handcuffs on the sink so hard, it broke large chunks of porcelain off, which he then used to slice open both of his forearms to the bone. Thankfully, he was unable to reach his throat, and didn't think to cut his femoral. As it was, we barely got him to the hospital in time. He did have broken bones in his forearms, besides the gashes. He was really determined to go.

Some years later, the new jail opened and procedures were changed. Cells were arranged to allow easier viewing of the inmates. The belly chains and leg irons were no longer used except in movement to other areas. Specially made 'suicide gowns' were put in use, although they still weren't allowed sheets or jail uniforms. Cups and spoons were still taken away

One thing I found disturbing about the Epstein case... the news reported he had an incident where he may or may not have attempted suicide and was placed on a suicide watch. That was July 23rd. Apparently he was re-evaluated on the 29th and taken off suicide watch and placed back in general population, although a single cell. Maybe it's different in New York, but in my experience, having an evaluation and being removed from a suicide watch that fast is nearly unheard of. Most people placed on a watch stay on a watch throughout their stay. Only in rare instances were long term inmates in a pretrial jail taken off watch. The ones that were kept on watch stayed that way more as a 'cover your ***' than any other reason. I dont know why they didn't do the same with Epstein, being such a high profile case.
          In the small jail I work in prisoners are usually kept in status until they show they are no longer at risk. That time varies and normally they are evaluated by mental health professionals then reclassified if needed.

The much larger jail in the next county has their own medical people & the administrators reclassify as needed

In a prison setting a suicidal inmate is evaluated and reclassified as needed. While Epsitine was in pretrial .......the facility is administered by the Bureau of Prisons & their policies and procedures. Stays at the Metropolitan Detention Facility are much more long term than in most "jails".

Epsiten had "bruises & marks" around his neck..............not really extensive evidence of a suicide attempt. He was placed in suicide status for his safety during the investigation of those marks and obviously he was deemed "fit" by the staff psychologist to return to non watch status

My understanding is that he was to have a roommate at all times...................but for some reason his roommate was released and he was not given another one in time to prevent him killing himself. Yes the roommate procedure is also an option used in Corrections ...kind of a peer pressure way of keeping a questionable person on covert watch.

It is also my understanding that Epstein's attorney requested the release from status..........which is another factor to be considered. It another thing I have seen in higher profile cases more than once.

As a long term prison employee /supervisor..............I don't see anything unusual about the reclassification. Because of the outcome people are going to loose their jobs over this and I see the cuts going MUCH higher than the line Correctional officers

Hindsight is 20/20
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-12-2019, 09:16 PM.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Now we are hearing that the person responsible for watching Epstein on the night he died was "not a Correctional Officer" but had another job title with the BOP

Folks this is normal. ALL BOP staff are trained as Correctional Officers at FLETC and at the institution where they work. Then they are trained in their actual job..............like Cook, Teacher, Repairs leader , etc. The BOP has in their policy that all trained staff may work OT at any post if needed since they are all CO's by training.

All are considered LEO's and covered under LEOSA with the exception of some secretaries / administrative assistants who work exclusively outside the secure area of the facility

Comment

• Levithane
              Levithane commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah the policy is confusing at first. I came across a nurse who worked for BOP and told me the same thing, that she was considered a LEO with BOP. I looked like a deer caught in headlights until she gave a similar explanation.

I started in a jail. Our suicide watch was: place in a cell with continual video monitoring, physical checks every 15 minutes where you had to see the inmate move, a "turtle suit" and "blanket" made out of nylon and stitched so it was virtually impossible to tear by hand, no underwear, no socks, no t-shirt, finger foods only... nothing else allowed in the cell. No TP, no toothbrush, no cup, no soap.. nothing.

As you can imagine we took people off suicide watch as soon as we could because we didn't have enough people to constantly check every 15 minutes... 245-260 inmates in six pods plus seg cells and booking, with 2 floor staff and 1 control room operator... BUT it was a psychiatrist who had to take them off, not floor staff. We could put them ON, the doc had to take them off.
            Last edited by tanksoldier; 08-15-2019, 12:09 PM.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

So, if I understood Rush correctly, Epsein's room mate was taken out so he didn't hurt him. Epstein supposedly was happy go lucky and it was said he thought he was going to beat the charges. Could have just been a good distraction to draw attention away from him so he could follow through his attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
                So, if I understood Rush correctly, Epsein's room mate was taken out so he didn't hurt him. Epstein supposedly was happy go lucky and it was said he thought he was going to beat the charges. Could have just been a good distraction to draw attention away from him so he could follow through his attempt.
                Epstein's roommate bonded out.................the administration did not cell someone else there

Comment

Pesticide. Damn vernin is no longer with us.
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Do the klintons have an alibi?

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                      Pesticide. Damn vernin is no longer with us.
                      …except his testimony died with him.
                      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

…except his testimony died with him.
                        True.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
                          Do the klintons have an alibi?
                          No. But Bill is protected since he’s a cross-dresser...and showing that Hilary DOES wear the pants.
                          Last edited by CCCSD; Yesterday, 04:42 PM.
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4987 users online. 203 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X