Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the US prison population so high?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post

It's not high enough, more people need to be in prison. Lots of scumbags walking around.
    Unfortunately the citizens of the United States don't want to pay for that. Incarceration is VERY expensive and very labor intensive. AND getting good Correctional Officers is hard as very few people want to do the job. EVEN if paid good wages, getting high caliber officers is hard...

Prisons are really expensive and most communities don't want them in their area.........The population want people in jail but when the numbers get high the people want to save money more than incarcerate felons
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

More people need to be in prison, or dead. WTF with the so called opioid epidemic they don't need to be in prison, quit delivering narcan and the problem fixes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by retired137 View Post
        More people need to be in prison, or dead. WTF with the so called opioid epidemic they don't need to be in prison, quit delivering narcan and the problem fixes itself.
        I was talking to a former subornate at the prison I worked for ..................The prison industry shops and some of the housing units now have NARCAN placed in the emergency medical boxes.................IN A MAXIMUM SECURITY PRISON
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I remember one girl we hit with Narcan. Me, our corporal, and two other officers arrive at the scene and she was dead as a door nail. I hit her with two doses while the other guys were looking around for her stash (they found it very quickly). She shot straight up, looked at all the cops in her apartment, and the first thing she says is, "Oh, s**t! Where's my stuff?" The corporal comes over and tells her we're taking it all, the ambulance is on its way, and that she was just dead a minute ago. She immediately gets ****ed, says we have no right to take her drugs because SHE PAID FOR THEM and they are HER PROPERTY. She then threatens to file a complaint and curses us out as we're leaving.

We did a great thing for society by saving her life that day.
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            They always get ****ed after you hit them with Narcan, even if they were dead before you did it.

Speaking of that, opioids scare me to death now. I had brain surgery 3 years ago and after the 2nd day I refused any prescription pain meds and just took like 4000mg of ibuprofen. The Doc was ****ed at me. It was horrible but a neighbor got addicted after a car accident and has been a junky for years now. She is literally living in a tool shed currently. I don’t want to end up like that.

Comment

This 1000%!

Comment

Originally posted by threeofnine View Post
              The US prison population is the highest in the world. The incarceration rate is around 7 times higher than Canada, Europe, Australia
              Maybe we're more effective? European law enforcement is completely different from US law enforcement: different mindset, different practices, different laws.

In the US "pretext stops", stops for minor infractions where you're really looking for a warrant or DUI, are common... in all of Europe I'm familiar with they are unheard of.

and even authoritarian countries like China.
              A bullet to the head is cheaper than incarceration.

With few exceptions, almost all US states if they were their own country would top the list when it comes to prison populations. What is the reason for this? There is certainly no shortage of scumbags so I do not believe its because people are getting railroaded. Culture problem maybe?
              We are a country founded on rebellion against lawful authority. Our forefathers were traitors to their sovereign and lawful king.

We glorify violence and rebellion in our movies, games and in our culture... and segments of that culture are raised to believe they are victims of our society, further encouraging rebellion. Not much different than the little buggers growing up in the Gaza Strip waiting for a chance to blow themselves up.

I also think our laws and freedoms make it easier to get to the point where you do something serious before really getting caught... it usually takes multiple convictions to see the inside of a real prison, and our juvenile justice system is a joke.

People learn to live the criminal lifestyle, and don't know how to live any other way... instead of messing up with young, getting a serious attitude adjustment and taking a different path. The potential attitude adjustment comes too late in life for most.. if you've been a thug since you were 12, and now you're 25 and going to prison you don't know any other way.

If that serious consequence had occurred at 14 maybe you could have taken another path.

Prisons are really expensive and most communities don't want them in their area....

True. To be a CO you usually have to live in the middle of nowhere.
              Last edited by tanksoldier; 08-15-2019, 11:48 AM.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4892 users online. 194 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X