X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the Illegals, Get the Cops

By G. Robert Dieckmann - Editor
    http://www.greatamericanjournal.com/...GettheCops.htm

May 1, 2007 again saw the outrageous protest demonstrations by and for illegal aliens in many American cities this year. It isn't enough that they disrespected our laws by breaking into our country, they then insist on using our own constitutional rights to protest against enforcement of our laws which should have been enforced at the border in the first place. To add insult to injury, and with the help of the liberal media and lawyers, they are now suing the police and the City of Los Angeles for the way they were treated. We're supposed to feel sorry for them and outraged at the police?

The trouble started when Hispanics began throwing rocks and bottles at the police from outside the park where the demonstration was being held. Protest organizers were granted a permit to demonstrate inside the park, not in the streets. The police attempted to force the offenders back into the park while being pelted with debris. One officer was knocked off his motorcycle by the protesters and 7 officers were injured. Who was the genius who granted a permit for illegal aliens to protest in our country anyway? Something just doesn't seem right here.

The media, and in particular KABC, KCBS, and KCAL, reported the demonstration as peaceful until the police began moving in. They never mentioned the 50 to 100 Hispanic agitators who began the attack on the cops. They were more concerned with showing video of the police pushing and striking at media reporters and cameramen who disobeyed orders to move out.

They had a field day showing video of a Mexican protester with marks on his body from rubber bullets, and a camera-woman falling down after getting into the cops' faces and refusing to move as ordered. She is now filing a lawsuit claiming severe injuries and unable to work as a result of police brutality. In the fall, she claims to have sprained her ankle and fractured her wrist. It's interesting to note, however, that in the video shown on tv of her adventure and shot by another cameraman, she was able to get up and pick up the heavy camera with the very arm she claims to have fractured. She showed up later for the media wearing a sling and a lawyer.

From what I have observed in the abundant videos of the violence shown on the local stations, I see nothing wrong with the way the police acted. They were being provoked, not only by Hispanics but by media cameramen as well. The crowd had moved along as ordered but a few stayed behind to provoke the police and taunt them with debris throwing and charging at the police lines. Reporters and cameramen who stayed behind and refused to cooperate with police were forced to move, by force. That's what the police do, that's why they're there.

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa returned early to Los Angeles from a trip to El Salvador to make a public statement to the media. In that statement, he asked for anyone involved in the skirmish to come forward with their complaints against the police whether they are in the country legally or not. He accused the police of using excessive force and promised a full investigation, then said "We will not rush to judgment".

Democrat State Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez, who represents the park district, said police deliberately led troublemakers back to the peaceful demonstrators before beginning their assault. "The only logical conclusion I can come to is that somebody wanted it to bleed into the march so that they can do some target practice on some of the immigrants that were marching," Nunez said. It sounds like Nunez has already made up his mind, no need for an investigation. He also needs to learn the difference between "immigrants" and "illegal aliens". Obviously, he didn't notice that no one was "marching" until the police ordered them to.

"The events of yesterday, with all that we do, should not have occurred," said Police Chief William J. Bratton. "We should not be engaged in attacks on the media." "The individuals were there to provoke police. Unfortunately, they got what they came for", Bratton added.

John Mack, president of the five-member Police Commission, which sets policy for the Police Department, said he was "deeply disturbed and very disappointed" by the images. "This was not a pretty picture. This incident raises serious concern regarding the use of force by some individual officers," said Mack, who is one of Bratton's bosses.

KTTV reporter Christina Gonzales claims to have suffered a separated shoulder, while camerawoman Patti Ballaz claims a broken wrist and possibly a broken hand.

KPCC radio reporter Patricia Nazario said she was hit in the back and ribs with a baton, then hit her head and twisted her ankle while falling from a blow.

One thing all these delicate and breakable little ladies have in common is Hispanic last names, and all seem to be extremely clumsy and susceptible to injury from falling on the grass.

There were a number of reporters and cameramen from Spanish speaking Los Angeles radio and tv stations involved in provoking the police as well. Without stirring up some action, their stories would have hardly made the news. What we have here is another case of reporters creating the news instead of reporting it.

KCAL-TV cameraman Carl Stein said that his camera was tossed and that he was thrown to the ground. "I'm sore, and I'm sore about what happened," Stein told viewers. "It was like open season - take a whack, have at it."

Well, that's not exactly true. I saw video of his encounter with the cops. He was violently arguing with them and refused to obey their orders. He got pushed when he refused to move and fell, dropping his camera.

The cops have already been convicted in the media of wrong-doing. Not only have they been convicted by the media, but also by their superiors and politicians. The real problem here is that these convictions are all based on edited video clips released by the media that, as usual, don't show the other side of the story.

This whole thing is about drawing attention to the police and away from just one more problem being caused by illegal aliens. If our federal government would do their job, these police officers would never have had to deal with this.

This is the same tactic the Left always uses to promote their point of view. They tell a lie, promote that lie over and over again in the media, then take a poll and announce that "most Americans" agree with their lie. Well of course they do because that is all they ever see in the media.

I saw all of the video clips from the immigration rally in Los Angeles and wondered what the news anchors were talking about at the time. I didn't see the police using any unnecessary brutality or force that wasn't called for, and they didn't start the trouble to begin with.

Later, when I saw Police Chief William Bratton stating "this was wrong, it shouldn't have happened", I thought he was talking about a park full of illegal aliens protesting against American immigration enforcement. I agreed with him that it was wrong for them to be in the country, to be protesting against our laws, and to be allowed to simply walk home instead of being arrested and deported.

Then I realized he was talking about the police and realized also what political correctness has done to this man.

Remember Rodney King? Remember how the video showed all the "excessive police brutality" used on him? Do you also remember that it wasn't until much later that we learned the whole story and saw the video from the beginning, instead of just the part the media released? That was why the officers were not convicted in a court of law. Their actions were justified.

Remember that every time you see the cops being convicted in the media based on video released by the media. It's the same way they report on Iraq, and that is why the mainstream media is no longer trusted by a growing number of Americans.

This is happening in America? We are being invaded. There are TRAITORS in our midst.
    Space for rent .........

Comment

The police were attacked by agitators not hispanics. Almost the whole damn rally was hispanics. I wonder if this guy could be any less descriptive. I guess it would fuel the fires of public hate to use that word. After all, it isn't agitators he's targetting at all is it? It's the hispanics. Plenty were there to peacefully demonstrate. I don't agree with them but blaming free speech and free assembly for the prejudgement of the department's response to the agitators is not right. Our city just had it's own immigration rally and it was, for the most part, a peaceful one.

Liberalism hasn't got squat to do with this. Red herring all the way. Toward the end of his article he starts to slide off that rocker. Rodney King's beating was justified because of WHAT? I saw the whole video and I didn't not see actions by King that justified, legally, such a full on beatdown. Iraq? The reporting on Iraq from the major news agencies is not the problem. You think the media is being unfair when it reports that the Iraqi people are suffering daily for numerous reasons? Reasons directly related to our invasion, occupation, and handling of the country post invasion? Blame Rumsfeld, Bush, Rice, Cheney, etc for that crap, not the media.
      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Invasion is a good idea! Let's invade Mexico on the premise half their population is here already due to economical despotism that causes the lower classes to seek refuge in another country. The benefits are the Left gets to have a revolution for the masses and the rest can have beachfront property at low,low prices.

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
        This is happening in America? We are being invaded. There are TRAITORS in our midst.
        "A Nation without Borders is not a Nation."
        - Ronald Reagan

"Every immigrant that comes here should be required, within five years, to learn English or leave the country." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Liberalism is a mental disease." - Mike Savage

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
          The police were attacked by agitators not hispanics. Almost the whole damn rally was hispanics. I wonder if this guy could be any less descriptive. I guess it would fuel the fires of public hate to use that word. After all, it isn't agitators he's targetting at all is it? It's the hispanics. Plenty were there to peacefully demonstrate. I don't agree with them but blaming free speech and free assembly for the prejudgement of the department's response to the agitators is not right. Our city just had it's own immigration rally and it was, for the most part, a peaceful one.

Liberalism hasn't got squat to do with this. Red herring all the way. Toward the end of his article he starts to slide off that rocker. Rodney King's beating was justified because of WHAT? I saw the whole video and I didn't not see actions by King that justified, legally, such a full on beatdown. Iraq? The reporting on Iraq from the major news agencies is not the problem. You think the media is being unfair when it reports that the Iraqi people are suffering daily for numerous reasons? Reasons directly related to our invasion, occupation, and handling of the country post invasion? Blame Rumsfeld, Bush, Rice, Cheney, etc for that crap, not the media.
          Who were the agitators? Hispanics maybe? Liberalism is not a red herring. When the liberal policticians want to allow all illegal aliens immediate citizenship, then it is a liberal agenda.

As far as Iraq, you ignore the reports from troops on the ground who have come home talking about the great work which is being done, the work NOT being covered by the nightly news. Are their problems, yes. Name any war where there were not problems.
          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

It's a liberal agenda when it pertains to liberalism, not people who CALL themselves liberals and make presumptions. That is called carelessness and recklessness. Same for people who believe in amnesty for people who broke the law. Foolish conservative legislators tried this with Iraqi insurgents over a year ago and now foolish liberal legislators are trying it now with illegal immigrants.

The agitators were mostly hispanics, no doubt. The reason I took issue with that was because it is inaccurate to simply say "attacked by hispanics." Makes me think "attacked by whites." I'm sure there are plenty of people at that rally who don't want to be affiliated with a bunch of losers trying to start crap with the police and ruin their protest. ETHNICITY is more of an issue here than criminality, which is ridiculous to me.

As far as Iraq, you ignore the reports from troops on the ground who have come home talking about the great work which is being done, the work NOT being covered by the nightly news. Are their problems, yes. Name any war where there were not problems.
            I ignore idiots like the Swift Boat Liars for Bush. I wonder if these troops you are speaking of are as experienced in Iraq as John McCain. Interesting though. Troops I have heard/read from reported differently. Neighborhoods where if anybody who is not part of them enter, they are immediately shot at. Unemployment due to fears of abduction and murder. Sunni's vs Shiites vs Kurds all hitting each other back and fourth daily. Those ARE covered on the nightly news. Do you honestly think a humvee tossing teddy bears out the back is progress? Try making a man feel safe enough to get a job without being thought of as a traitor. Maybe providing their military with the essential equipment they need to fight a growing internal threat.

I sure wish I could join you in Conservative La La Land. Must be nice.
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

They should round up as many protestors as they can and ship all the illegals back where they came from.
              They ARE here illegally, remember?
              Go sneaking into Mexico and try demonstrating. They should expect no better here than their home country gives Americans.

Comment

Excuse me...illegal aliens have rights under our law?? How so, and what rights pray tell? Right to be disrespectful of our laws and civility enforced by our policeman. Give me a break!! Something is very wrong w/this picture and we Americans had better wake up and stand for something Not only are having to fight off Bush wackers, hate mongerers, peacenicks at any price, but we're being invaded and paying our hard earned tax dollars to keep um happy! Where's the love guys???

Comment

It's a liberal agenda when it pertains to liberalism, not people who CALL themselves liberals and make presumptions. That is called carelessness and recklessness. Same for people who believe in amnesty for people who broke the law. Foolish conservative legislators tried this with Iraqi insurgents over a year ago and now foolish liberal legislators are trying it now with illegal immigrants.

The agitators were mostly hispanics, no doubt. The reason I took issue with that was because it is inaccurate to simply say "attacked by hispanics." Makes me think "attacked by whites." I'm sure there are plenty of people at that rally who don't want to be affiliated with a bunch of losers trying to start crap with the police and ruin their protest. ETHNICITY is more of an issue here than criminality, which is ridiculous to me..
                  Wait a second I thought you libs liked diversity! I am sure there are people there who "unknowningly" got themselves involved. The point is elements within the demonstration attempted to "step up" the level of protest by doing something violent. Anyone who has been trained in crowd control tactics knows the violent demonstrators have to be removed before innocent people get hurt. If you look at the crowd in the video the crowd is spread out and the badguys are integrated amongst those who are not being violent. The officers have to react quickly as possible to isolate the offenders. Leaving them to continue to mingle could turn other demonstartors ugly and end up in riot (power to the people as the libs like to see). Unfortunately swiftness entangles folks who cannot see what's behind them, or those that decide to step in front of an active crowd control squad (the reporter/cameraman should not have done what they did, they should've stayed clear). Crowd control folks know that these baddies like to enter peaceful rallies and attempt to turn them.

I ignore idiots like the Swift Boat Liars for Bush. I wonder if these troops you are speaking of are as experienced in Iraq as John McCain. Interesting though. Troops I have heard/read from reported differently. Neighborhoods where if anybody who is not part of them enter, they are immediately shot at. Unemployment due to fears of abduction and murder. Sunni's vs Shiites vs Kurds all hitting each other back and fourth daily. Those ARE covered on the nightly news. Do you honestly think a humvee tossing teddy bears out the back is progress? Try making a man feel safe enough to get a job without being thought of as a traitor. Maybe providing their military with the essential equipment they need to fight a growing internal threat..
                  More good things go on than the networks let on, dig deeper. Swifties? How do they figure in this? It was a different war! How many soldiers did you talk to? Where were they active in Iraq? All we see is what happens in Baghdad, Mosul, and the Sunni Triangle. Iraq is bigger than that! There are other things going on! Wake up! Liberalism will be the death of this country! Even the Euros think we're nuts for the lib policies (depends on which Secretary of State they talk to).

I sure wish I could join you in Conservative La La Land. Must be nice.
                  You could if you'd check fact and not react on report geared to emotional responses.
                  Last edited by 3India; 05-10-2007, 12:10 PM.
                  - Ronald Reagan

"Every immigrant that comes here should be required, within five years, to learn English or leave the country." -Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

A riot is not "power to the people" and rational liberals do not support that. I have met ONE liberal who thinks that is a good way of changing policy. He also happens to believe everything that happens is a conspiracy. You purposefully inaccurately portray liberals as anarchists and nutcases but those are fractions of the liberals in this country, much like gun and violence obsessed anti-government constitutionalists don't represent the majority of the conservatives.

Liberalism is not going to hurt this country at all. Progress and reform is going to keep it's heart beating. Conservative policies from this administration and prior ones have hurt our country in several areas including privacy, civil rights, and mental health.

The reason I commented on the Swift Boat Veterans is because they are, in my view, the typical case of people who were there but aren't calling it how they saw it. A bunch of liars.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Liars????? And you believe all that Kerry said he did??????

Liberals WANT illegals here. They NEED them here. They WANT taxes to go up, so they can send more of OUR money to people that do not want to work.

Were there KKK white Nazis in the crowd? None that I could see. Oh ..... yeah, THEY WERE Hispanics!!!!!!!!!
                      Space for rent .........

Comment

HERE WE GO AGAIN! . Let's start off on the right foot----Some of those protesters were illegal . So right from the start they're criminals & should be jailed---immediately! While a permit was issued some people took the protest beyond the boundaries and therefore violating the law (however minor that may be) . The officers, in attempting to manage a legal demonstration were outnumbered & attacked. There's nothing that says they aren't entitled to protecting themselves. The media, in all its "fairness" decides it's going to document the incident & by staying within the group of protesters have now become part of the problem & like "they" (the media) do the police now have to assume they are part of the protest as by them being there, they are the motivators for the ever increasing violence. I'm not saying there shouldn't have been a protest---that's our Right, but to offer the SAME rights to people that already scoff at our laws & way of life when our own citizens are denied the same considerations is wrong anf FAR more unjust than what some liberal minded people are advocating. I'm sorry---we need to "tend to our own house" first, then worry about others. DO NOT THINK for one second that if a bunch of Americans protested that way in Mexico they would be treated near as courteously as their citizens are here. Our Gov't & social "experts" here are waaaaaaay off base in how they're addressing the illegal ailien problem.

Comment

x2 hemicop! The coppers were doing their job by the rules of engagement they were trained with.

Djack, while the radical left is just a small faction, they are currently the "in" faction that all the kids want to emulate. How else would you explain the new rise of che gueverra items on the market (the man was a murderer like Hitler, Stalin and Saddam!). Watch the media they decide the pop culture the next generation is apt to adopt! However, on your side and adding to your argument, the current batch of "conservative" Republicans want illegal aliens here to work cheaper and keep costs down. Lord forbid we were to raise minimum wage and give benfits to low level jobs to entice USC (U.S. Citizen) workers into the market, all the while decreasing the appeal of welfare benefits. There is a law stating that US businesses must offer the jobs to USC's before looking for foreign workers. To allow amnesty would fly in the face of existing law! We need to clean up the US from the inside first.
                          - Ronald Reagan

Comment

Throw rocks, frozen bottles and shoot large bolts at the cops and then whine when they got their arses whipped by same?!:!:!:?
                            I thought everyone over the age of six knew that picking a fight often winds up with just that...a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TX Heat View Post
                              They should round up as many protestors as they can and ship all the illegals back where they came from.
                              They ARE here illegally, remember?
                              Go sneaking into Mexico and try demonstrating. They should expect no better here than their home country gives Americans.
                              Well said! The demonstrations in my opinion are in response to legislation that is on board to make it easier for enforcement to get rid of illegals. About three years ago I was disgusted that the illegal garment district workers in NYC rallied with their Union reps to get fair wages and resident status. I did not understand why ICE wasn’t there with BP rounding them all up deporting them and charging the US citizens that were harboring them. Then I realized there were so many and the way the system works now the case load could never be handled. That is why there has been changes brought up to senate/congress some of which have passed (Bless Mariposa for enacting their legal right!) Hopefully many other state/County/local agencies will also enact their powers to help the illegal’s find their way home without bogging down the old system. That is why there is an increase in demonstrations. The illegals don’t like it. Nor do the liberals. Truth is illegal’s don’t only do the work Americans do not want to do. I personally am not anti immigration. But seriously anti illegal immigrant. At times our hands are tied at the border by many things. In general though it is my opinion that the large majority of CBP officers take pride in their jobs and try to the utmost of their ability not to let more illegal’s in.

PS. These are my views not the views of my coworkers or agency
                              Last edited by GGw/edge; 05-12-2007, 10:41 AM.
                              Reality is only a perception

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2984 users online. 168 members and 2816 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X