Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My department is in 8's right now, some of us are in 5/2's, and some of the veteran's are in 6/3's, with set days. I'd rather work a 10 hour shift with the overlapping shift, just for more bodies out on the road during those times.
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Work 8's here as a rook. Had Sat/Sun off all along but just switched to Fri/Sat off.

Sat/Sun is on the table now but the sunday $$ dif will be too hard to pass up
      Leave Space Empty

Comment

My dept. works 8's but personally I'd rather be doing 10's. Four on, three off would be really nice, IMO.

Comment

Our dept. works 8's, rotates days off every 28 days so everyone gets weekends off every 3rd month. But I get more done with weekdays off.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I'm not an officer (yet), just a Cadet, but our officers work 11 hour shifts. 4 days on, 4 days off. We have two teams, so one works 4 days, and the other team works during the first team's 4 days off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn020
              The Trooper I was with and I guess the whole department works 8 hour shifts... Personally, I think 8 hours is plenty for police work... If you are being pro-active instead of the "wait for the call" mentality.
              That really depends though on where you work. I work for a county of 2400 square miles and 6,600 people with two major secondary highways that run north to south and east to west. If I only worked an eight hour shift I couldn't get my town checks in or get reports written at the office (computers in cars, whats that?)
              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

The station I'm currently assigned to is on a mix of different shift schedules. I work a straing 5/8 with 2 days off. Some of the units and deputies work a double shift (16 hrs) and have 3 days off per week. Most of us don't rotate days off here and if you are like me with my current schedule (Basicly weekends off) you don't complain much, but, in order to have those days off I work in the middle of the night, hence my name!
                Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn020
                  Personally, I think 8 hours is plenty for police work... If you are being pro-active instead of the "wait for the call" mentality.
                  Most of the time, the "wait for the call" mentality is the only mentality you can have.

I work straight 8's Monday through Friday (0600-1400). When I was hired, I had the lowest badge number in the batch. From what I understand, the top two traditionally get the "gravy" shift like I have.

Personally, I'd rather be working afternoons from 1300-2300, Wednesday through Saturday. But I'll take what they give me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3382 users online. 195 members and 3187 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X