300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the new breed of cops today

I find it absolutely unbelievable these two cops just lets these adam henry's dump water on them and didn't do a damn thing....
    https://nypost.com/2019/07/22/total-...kets-of-water/
    Retired LASD

Here's your answer, straight from the article:

The head of the NYPD Police Benevolent Association called the water bucket attacks “the end result of the torrent of bad policies and anti-police rhetoric that has been streaming out of City Hall and Albany for years now.”

“We are approaching the point of no return. Disorder controls the streets, and our elected leaders refuse to allow us to take them back.” PBA President Patrick Lynch said.

Comment

• Retired96
      Retired96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well back in my day, someone would be taking a trip to the emergency room...

• not.in.MY.town
      not.in.MY.town commented
      Editing a comment
      Retired96 Obviously things have changed drastically from back in your day. Unfortunately we've gone from one extreme to the other. The current generation of officers is paying the price for the sins of earlier generations.

• beachcop05
      beachcop05 commented
      Editing a comment
      Paying for the sins of earlier generations??? What in the hell are you talking about?

And yes, these people should be in the hospital.

• CityCop11B
      CityCop11B commented
      Editing a comment
      Please don't start with that "back in my day" stuff. Did you wear body cams for every single interaction back in your day and get burned at the stake if one of your videos showed you being a little mean to someone? It's a different world out here now.

A police source blamed the incidents on the NYPD’s “hands-off approach to these guys” under Mayor Bill de Blasio.
    WTH is this "hands-off" policy about??
    Last edited by LA_Backgrounds; 07-22-2019, 10:31 PM.
    Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
    http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

• Retired96
      Retired96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Read the article and the video with it that is linked in my first post.

• LA_Backgrounds
      LA_Backgrounds commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I was referring to the quote from the story I posted about de Blasio. What's the hands off policy the article is referring to?

Back in the old days people didn’t have cameras shoved in your face and up your @$$ every second of your shift. Back in the old days people backed the police. Back in the old days a cop could do his job and not worry about being fired/sued/indicted for doing what you had to do.

Do you think these cops wanted to get soaked in water or p!$$ or whatever else was in that? Hit with a bucket? Made a mockery of on YouTube? You think that was enjoyable to stand there and take it?

They probably went back to their station, put on a dry uniform and put a dent in their locker. But hey, it’s better than losing their jobs, or ending up like Daniel Pantaleo fighting for his job and freedom. Or Darren Wilson. Or that cop who just quit in South Bend. Or any other cop thrown under the bus recently by a spineless administration.

This has nothing to do with a new generation of cops. It has to do with policing an ungrateful society in a city and state that is pro-crime and anti-police.

It has to do with criminal justice reform. Yeah there you have it folks: criminal justice reform in action!

This video should be a sticky of why young kids should become doctors and lawyers, hell become a fireman, anything but a cop. At least that is what I tell my kids.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Bing_Oh
      Bing_Oh commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's not forget policing in an atmosphere where the first concerns for those in power are "liability" and "public perception."

• CityCop11B
      CityCop11B commented
      Editing a comment
      Stated perfectly.

Don’t leave the station. Just stand around for the shift. Refuse to go out. They won’t fire 40K cops.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

There is no possible way this happens to me without any consequence. I don’t care how progressive city council and the mayor is. This is unconscionable. Not doing anything made the job of cops who have to deal these POS later on much more difficult.

Comment

I hope that we are missing a lot of what happened, it is smart to keep walking (for personal safety in a potentially risky situation), but at least work out who threw the bucket before going for later use.

I hope to god that shortly after this every available officer for 10 miles attended and arrested these thugs.

There is an old saying about the standards you walk past are the standards you accept, well the offences you walk past become the offences you accept.

No officer should accept being assaulted, and no supervisor should sleep at night knowing that his team are being treated like this.

This is a disgrace and makes a joke of the police.

Comment

I never thought I would be saying that I worked in the good old days. SAD

The hard-line response from the current NYPD administration will be to mandate that cops wear rain gear at al times.

#imgladimout

Comment

It's not todays OFFICERS, its todays ADMINISTRATION.

Read relis49's post above and add that your boss isn't going to back you if you do something and the city administration will roast your bones after they fire you for the bad press.

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I wonder if DeBlasio will even comment on this situation. As pathetic as the situation was, the officers were greatly outnumbered, and did the best thing by walking away for their own safety. They should have reported it as soon as it happened though, but then again, there must be a reason that they didn't. I place the ultimate blame on the Mayor. He has diminished the relationship between the community and the police greatly. Maybe they need to start turning their backs on him again.

Comment

Don't get too caught up in memories of rosy Good Ol' Days. There were plenty of anti-police incidents back then, long before social media and CNN (ever hear of the 1968 Detroit riots? 43 dead, 500 wounded, and entire portions of the city burned to the ground. The piles of rubble remain 51 years later....)

My heart goes out to those officers. Walking away is tough.

BUT: crimes were committed. Officers were assaulted. Those responsible are on tape. Get arrest warrants. Put people in jail.

Convictions, in the end, they can be dangerous. But a world without them is just kind of an awful, gray, amorphous mass.

-Bono

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
                  Get arrest warrants. Put people in jail.
                  You guys don’t know how bad it’s gotten in NY. That dig by the union about Albany is in direct response to the recent “criminal justice reforms” they are pushing. Look it up if you don’t believe me. Remember this is the state now paroling child rapists and cop killers.

Do you know that NY has essentially decriminalized juvenile offenses? As in you cannot do anything to them unless it’s for a serious violent felony.

Or that starting January 1, bail is almost completely outlawed? And that when you don’t show up for court, they cannot even issue a warrant until they meet some nonsense criteria first like having to contact you and ensure you intentionally missed court.

Or the new burdens created by the discovery process whereby they automatically toss cases if you cannot meet the 15 day requirement for turning EVERYTHING over.

Or that many custodial arrests are now going to be tickets.

So is it worth getting fired/sued/indicted for something like this? I think you go your answer from the video.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• reils49
                    reils49 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One day I’m going to take my pension and run!

• Ratatatat
                    Ratatatat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have no doubt it's a mess. Nor am I predicting anything is going to improve anytime soon.

What I am saying is this job has always been tough, there have always been tensions, and there is nothing new under the sun.

The guys retiring when I first got on were all burned out shells. Now my generation is limping off the field, heads shaking. Someday, the millennials will bemoan how everything has turned to crap, compared to how good it was in 2019...

Relax, everyone! The heat index was close to 110 at the time. These fine citizens were just doing the police a favor -- making them comfortable and preventing heat stroke. The empty bucket that hit the officer in the head just slipped out of the Good Samaritan's hands because they were wet.

Comment

I am picturing off-duty cops and families "protesting" around DiBlasio's home and office, heaving buckets of water at His Honor every time the gentleman appears on a public street or sidewalk. I'm sure the mayor's personal security detail consists of cops under his orders not to respond to such acts.

I remember the "good old days" walking a downtown foot beat. When we received complaints about hookers congregating in the business district one of the tactics we used was water balloons thrown from rooftops. One guy was really creative, using condoms supported in a trash can while filled with a couple of gallons of water; when one hit it from 3 or 4 stories above it made an impressive splash (probably best to be careful not to hit anyone directly).

Rotten eggs dropped on troublemakers, or thrown into their cars, were pretty effective in clearing out the trouble makers. Eggs were only $0.49 per dozen and there were always places to let them sit in the sun for a few weeks before deploying them.

Firecrackers were handy at times. Let a few go off in an area with pimps and hookers, watch all the pimps pulling their illegally concealed weapons and engage in public brandishing of deadly weapons.

I remember our bar patrol wagon loading up disorderly types and driving them several miles out of town, then releasing them on the prairie well away from the roads. Saved a lot of time processing and booking, keeping the bar patrol operating efficiently during busy times.

But all of that was 40 years before surveillance cameras on every street and storefront, and cell phone video cameras were still seen only in science fiction comic books.

Ah, the good old days! Almost as good as retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdog138 View Post
                      There is no possible way this happens to me without any consequence. I don’t care how progressive city council and the mayor is. This is unconscionable. Not doing anything made the job of cops who have to deal these POS later on much more difficult.
                      This 100%. They are just setting up the cops in the future who will encounter these scumbags.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4839 users online. 183 members and 4656 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X