Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police Patches

Good Afternoon All,

I would like to begin collecting patches from all fifty states highway patrol - does anyone have patches from their state patrol's agency they would be willing to sell?

Maybe some input/suggestions on how to begin this journey?

Thank you,
    Ed

Go to the website for each one and get the contact info for the community relations officer (or whatever they call themselves) and send them a letter or email.

The guy I met who had the whole collection got his this way.

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea, thank you BrianT - I will reach out

Go to eBay
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      That is look like my best option unfortunately - thank you

Hi Ed,

You will find that many state agencies will not send you a patch, simply because they receive thousands of requests such as yours, the patches cost around $5 each and the cost of mailing (envelopes, postage and personnel hours) is excessive and considered an unlawful gift of public funds. Some will send you a polite refusal letter, some will not respond at all, again because of the cost to respond to thousands of letters.

However if you are truly serious, grab a plane ticket to Dallas - Ft.Worth airport, as next Friday and Saturday, July 12 & 13, the National Police Collectors show will be held in the Irving Convention Center. This show is held once a year in a different part of the country and police collectors from all over the world attend. This year there will be over 250 vendors selling police badges, patches, decals, uniforms, challenge coins, pins, decals, and other memorabilia, both old and new. I suspect you will find State Police patches from every state and complete your collection in one day.

http://www.policenational2019.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3992...group_activity

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey brother good morning,

That would be an awesome experience, how often are these National Police Collectors Convention Center's held? Philadelphia to Ft. Worth ticket isn't terrible for 7/11 to 7/14, roughly $450

Thank you,
      Ed

• L-1
      L-1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is held once a year. Each time is in a different part of the country. They will decide where the 2020 show will be held at the 2019 show. It's mainly a problem of finding who wants to host it (it is a tremendous undertaking) and trying not to schedule them too close together so people from around the country get a fair shot and don't have to travel too far. Shows over the last four years have been held in Massachusetts, California, Indiana and Missouri. It's worth it to come, if only for the enormity of the event.

For Alaska you can get our patches (and a lot of other stuff) here: https://foast.org/

Comment

• PA_Ed
      PA_Ed commented
      Editing a comment
      this is awesome, thank you so much for sharing!
      Do you work for Alaska State Police? You enjoy it?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6314 users online. 227 members and 6087 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X