Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convicted Cop-Killer "afraid to die"at his execution...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convicted Cop-Killer "afraid to die"at his execution...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/02/let...ion/index.html

Apparently this genius seems to think it's going to hurt to get injected, so he's scared... I wonder if he thought was going to hurt when he murdered a police officer after robbing a Wendy's.

Any thoughts?

Good riddance. They should flog him first.
    What Delta said x2

Comment

So he's afraid of a needle. Big deal. I'm sure the person he murdered was afraid as well.

Comment

Drain O should hurt when its injected. Thats how you know its working ;-)
        "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Whatever happened to the good old electric chair? Gosh I wish Canada had the death penalty still.
          Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Of the officer who was killed, Workman says: "Any loss of life is a tragedy."
            Every breath a murderer takes after his crime is perpetrated is a tragedy.
            -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Wow, he needs to grow a pair.

Comment

Dosen't sound like he is admitting guilt even 25 years later. Says he's "sorry for robbing that Wendy's", and "sorry that an officer died."

He'll take responsibility for the robbery, but wants us to think the officer "died?" Pretty clean terminology for murder, huh?

Although, I still think we should do away with the death penalty and just keep 'em alive in solitary until they die. I think 50 or 60 years, no sun, no companionsip, no TV, no internet...is a much better punishment than a nice comfy life with all those things for a quarter century or more, followed by a few seconds of pain.
                If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

or better yet, still have the death penalty but insead of this sissified "put to sleep" crap, they should die the way that they killed their victims. So hit and run - BAM, tie him up and run him down with a car. Or shot at point blank range - they get it too. But really....it's just a dream that killers get the kind of horrible death they inflicted on their victims. But....I don't have any rage....I swear (I somehow don't think I'll make it into the Auxiliary police program now...)
                  Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexis85 View Post
                    or better yet, still have the death penalty but insead of this sissified "put to sleep" crap, they should die the way that they killed their victims. So hit and run - BAM, tie him up and run him down with a car. Or shot at point blank range - they get it too. But really....it's just a dream that killers get the kind of horrible death they inflicted on their victims. But....I don't have any rage....I swear (I somehow don't think I'll make it into the Auxiliary police program now...)
                    HA - I think you're of the opinion that it can be cruel OR unusual, but not both. The car would certainly be a cruel method of execution, but the defense would have a hard time calling it "unusual," since it's the method their client used first!

No, I still like the prolonged incarceration as the meanest thing we could do to the really bad Bad Guys.
                    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by BlackedOut View Post
                      http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/02/let...ion/index.html

Apparently this genius seems to think it's going to hurt to get injected, so he's scared... I wonder if he thought was going to hurt when he murdered a police officer after robbing a Wendy's.

Any thoughts?
                      Workman said he doesn't feel much like a person anymore. He has become a pile of legal briefs, appeals, depositions. - Um, yeah, you're not a person anymore convict. You're more like, a drain on society and deserve this.

The doctor concluded Coe "was probably awake, suffocating in silence and felt the searing pain of injection of intravenous potassium chloride." - Good, I always felt LI was too weak a way to die. Meh, I still think it but with mild satisfaction now.

The study concluded the drug protocol a "failure" because the prisoners had below acceptable levels of thiopental in their systems indicating they probably suffered immense pain before they died. - Failure? That's crap. These prisoners shouldn't be given anything to lessen the pain just like they pained the people's lives they impacted, hurt, and ended.

I seriously have no remorse for anyone on DR. I do question sentencing sometimes, as is cases of DNA, but for full-on proven guilty with no shadow of doubt there should be no "easy" way out. Hanging, chair, guillotine, firing squad, bring them all back.

Comment

Originally posted by School Cop View Post
                        HA - I think you're of the opinion that it can be cruel OR unusual, but not both. The car would certainly be a cruel method of execution, but the defense would have a hard time calling it "unusual," since it's the method their client used first!

No, I still like the prolonged incarceration as the meanest thing we could do to the really bad Bad Guys.
                        Why should my tax dollars go to paying for these fools to eat, to be clothed, to do anything to prolong his life? Let them starve to death, or let's put them on an island to fight to the death, or let the families of the one's harmed do as they please. Me paying for them to watch cable and have free room and board sucks.

Comment

Why are we even talking about this. Put him under general anethesia and then pop a cap in his brain pan.
                          Space for rent .........

Comment

Why the anethesia?

Comment

sadly, even they have rights AFTER they kill...and the other gets 6 feet under.
                              I say bring back the chair and dont forget not to give them the valim to relax them.
                              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                              Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5275 users online. 302 members and 4973 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X