300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: fellow riders and motor cops...

Why do somedays feel like every single vehicle on the road is trying to run you down? Most of the time I don't have a problem. I don't whether it's just me getting used to predicting the ones that will pull out or the one's that won't.

How do you motor cops handle another motorist that violates a motorcycle's right of way?

I actually stopped riding for a few months because traffic was so bad here. But, here I am, back on a bike, and ironically traffic is still getting worse.

Originally posted by Josh
    Why do somedays feel like every single vehicle on the road is trying to run you down? Most of the time I don't have a problem. I don't whether it's just me getting used to predicting the ones that will pull out or the one's that won't.

How do you motor cops handle another motorist that violates a motorcycle's right of way?

I actually stopped riding for a few months because traffic was so bad here. But, here I am, back on a bike, and ironically traffic is still getting worse.
    Well, I am not a cop, but a motorist who violates a motorcycle's right of way would presumably be dealt with exactly the same way as if they had done it to a car.

No one is trying to run you down, but you are a tiny hunched over person on a tiny little vehicle. You're hard to see. It's still a motorist's responsibility to check their blind spot, but it is your choice to make yourself hard to see.

Kinda like road workers doing road construction late at night. Of course drivers are not supposed to run them over, but if they are wearing a black sweatsuit instead of an orange vest...

Car=Reflective Orange Vest
    Motorcycle=Black Sweatsuit

Comment

I've felt the same way. I've had a few close calls and all were committed by older folks in great big vehicles.....or teenage girls. One of those girls being on a cell phone. I just have conditioned myself to be a super defensive rider.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4521 users online. 261 members and 4260 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X