Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Finger Death Punch drummer now a cop

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...=.1d6a68155f5b

Hmmm...Lives in Nevada but is a reserve officer in Indiana?

Isn't Michigan currently dealing with the negative fallout of this sort of 'reserve officer' appointment?

He sure wouldn't pass my department's tattoo policy.

Another PoS with some badge...
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

The town of Oakley, MI (pop. 800) had a pay-to-play reserve force of 150 officers (including former NFL players and Kid Rock). The former chief recently plead guilty to fraud charges.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...es/3285692002/

Other 'famous' reserve officers:

Steven Seagal
      Erik Estrada
      Shaq
      Ted Nugent
      Dan Ackroyd
      Elvis

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Hanlon's razor

Comment

• Four g63
        Four g63 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t forget about Ronnie Coleman, he was a Texas full time PO... and Rick Ross

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post
      The town of Oakley, MI (pop. 800) had a pay-to-play reserve force of 150 officers (including former NFL players and Kid Rock). The former chief recently plead guilty to fraud charges.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...es/3285692002/

Other 'famous' reserve officers:

Steven Seagal
      Erik Estrada
      Shaq
      Ted Nugent
      Dan Ackroyd
      Elvis
      I have had professional experiences with both Kid Rock and Ted Nugent....................they were not pleasant people
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I saw Ted Nugent and Steven Seagal at the SHOT Show in Vegas a few years back. R. Lee Ermey as well (The Gunny).

Didn't interact with them though. The list of Famous People I've Met and Interacted with:

Ronald Reagan
        Sam Raimi (Spiderman director)
        Will Smith
        MaryLynn Raskyub (Chloe on '24')
        The cast of Gold Rush
        A handful of D-listers (i.e.- related to someone famous, reality show people, has-been rock stars and sports figures, etc.)

Hanlon's razor

Comment

Michigan has no state-mandated training requirement or certification for Reserves. They leave that up to the individual departments. But I hear that's changing.

Do Reserves really count as cops? I never really considered myself a cop. After my experience, that's an earned title. But that's just me.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I hate when celebrities get to be cops, even reserve cops. Especially since if most of them were average Joes, they would likely be DQ'd in the backgrounds. But nope, they make for good publicity, so they get the express lane.

One celebrity I'll make exception for, is Matt Barlow: Former lead singer of the metal band Iced Earth. A legend among metalheads. He left the band and became a full time cop with the Georgetown, DE Police Department. He's now a corporal there, and has been on the job for nearly 20 years. He later returned to Iced Earth and did a couple new albums and concerts with them in addition to his police work. I guess he also sings in a metal band made up of cops from different Delaware PDs.
            Last edited by GangGreen712; 06-13-2019, 11:04 PM.
            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
            -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
              Michigan has no state-mandated training requirement or certification for Reserves. They leave that up to the individual departments. But I hear that's changing.

Do Reserves really count as cops? I never really considered myself a cop. After my experience, that's an earned title. But that's just me.
              In Iowa Reserves are cops.

There are a few restrictions as to what they can not do (such as evoke implied consent) but they must become certified by the Law enforcement council just like regular cops (although the certification isn't the same ) but the training is in house using a curriculum mandated by the state
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I saw Ted Nugent and Steven Seagal at the SHOT Show in Vegas a few years back. R. Lee Ermey as well (The Gunny).

Didn't interact with them though. The list of Famous People I've Met and Interacted with:

Our County Fair has top tier music entertainment every year. The Sheriff's Office handle security and law enforcement for the concerts.................We normally have 20-30,000 show for concerts

Last summer Nugent opened for Kid Rock

Law enforcement was not allowed behind the stage, we were told that THEY would handle any problems in that area
                Last edited by Iowa #1603; 06-14-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Law enforcement was not allowed behind the stage, we were told that THEY would handle any problems in that area
                  Isn't that pretty much industry standard? What the one thing Snoop Dog, Willie Nelson, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, and Jason Aldean have in common? They don't want no po po backstage at their concerts....

Hanlon's razor

Comment

• PeteBroccolo
                    PeteBroccolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's because of the Devil's Lettuce, and yousealls confounded dabnaggitt refusal to chill!

No, I am not currently, nor have ever, bothered with the stuff, but if I am EVER in enough pain, I WILL seek a script.

Who?

And in Rockport Indiana, population 2,270?

Comment

Isn't that pretty much industry standard? What the one thing Snoop Dog, Willie Nelson, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, and Jason Aldean have in common? They don't want no po po backstage at their concerts....
                    We provide security for the photo ops & Meet & Greet sessions. The last few years the artists have required that all people coming to meet them back stage are wanded by LE or secuirty. In our Venue the deputies are the security

Jason Aldean has no problem ...he has been at our fair 2 times in the last 10 yrs..............Kid, Flordia Georgia Line, and Ted are the only ones we have had problems with

Lynard skinard joked about only have us dopers in the back.............then came out and took photos with the deputies

The last few years

1997 – LEANN RIMES – DAVID LEE MURPHY – GRAND FUNK RAILROAD – JERRY CLOWER – MUSTANG SALLY
                    1998 – NEAL MCCOY – THE OAK RIDGE BOYS – THREE DOG NIGHT – STARSHIP with MICKY THOMAS
                    1999 – BTO BAND – BILLY RAY CYRUS – MARTINA MCBRIDE – LITTLE RIVER BAND
                    2000 – ALABAMA – LILA MCCANN – KENNY CHESNEY – SAWYER BROWN
                    2001 – TANYA TUCKER – TRAVIS TRITT – STYX – JESSICA ANDREWS- BILLY GILMAN – JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY
                    2002 – GEORGE JONES – AARON TIPPEN – STEVE HOLY – TOBY KEITH – LYNYRD SKYNRD
                    2003 – LONESTAR – MEAT LOAF – KENNY RODGERS – CAROL DAWN JOHNSON – CRYSTAL GAYLE – COASTERS & DRIFTERS & PLATTERS
                    2004 – CLINT BLACK – GRETCHEN WILSON – BEACH BOYS – CHUBBY CHECKER & THE WILDCATS – GRAND OLE OPRY FEATURING VINCE GILL – PATTY LOVELESS – REBECCA LYNN HOWARD & DEL MCCOURY BAND
                    2005 – REO SPEEDWAGON – RASCAL FLATTS – MIRANDA LAMBERT – LYNARD SKYNYRD – DICKEY BETTS- LETTERMAN
                    2006 – FOREIGNER – BRAD PAISLEY – ERIC CHURCH – MONTGOMERY GENTRY – JOE NICHOLS – GARY PUCKETT
                    2007 – TRACE ATKINS – JAMIE O’NEAL – SUGARLAND – KEITH ANDERSON – CHICAGO- CORBIN BLUE – DRAKE BELL – BIANCA RYAN
                    2008 – JOSH TURNER – JO DEE MESSINA – BOSTON – DIERKS BENTLEY & MIRANDA LAMBERT – HALFWAY TO HAZARD – DOODLEBOPS – TERRY FATOR
                    2009 – BROOKS & DUNN – STEVE MILLER BAND – DAVID COOK – GREEN RIVER ORDINANCE – RAVEN SYMONE – V FACTORY – VARSITY FANCLUB
                    2010 – LADY ANTEBELLUM– PHIL VASSAR– ALAN JACKSON– THE BAND PERRY– STYX– JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS– GRAND FUNK RAILROAD
                    2011 – JASON ALDEAN– CHRIS YOUNG– THOMPSON SQUARE– LADY ANTEBELLUM– JOSH KELLEY– SEETHER– HINDER – MY DARKEST DAYS
                    2012 – LYNYRD SKYNYRD– HEART– BLAKE SHELTON– JOSH THOMPSON– TOBY KEITH– THOMAS RHETT
                    2013 – SHERYL CROW– GARY ALLAN– MOTLEY CRUE– TESLA– KEITH URBAN– LITTLE BIG TOWN – DUSTIN LYNCH– TOBY MAC – JAMIE GRACE – CAPITAL KINGS
                    2014 – MIRANDA LAMBERT – TYLER FARR – LUKE BRYAN – LEE BRICE – KID ROCK – GUNNAR & THE GRIZZLY BOYS – CHRIS TOMLIN – COLTON DIXON
                    2015 – TOBY KEITH – WATERLOO REVIVAL – ERIC CHURCH – CHARLIE WORSHAM – TIM MCGRAW – CHASIN CRAZY – NEWSBOYS – MATTHEW WEST
                    2016 – BOSTON – 38 SPECIAL – DENNIS DEYOUNG – CARRIE UNDERWOOD – LAUREN ALAINA – FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE – COLE SWINDELL – CHRIS LANE – FOR KING AND COUNTRY – TENTH AVENUE NORTH – HAWK NELSON
                    2017 – NICKELBACK – DAUGHTRY – THOMAS RHETT – BIG & RICH – KEITH URBAN – FRANKIE BALLARD – MERCY ME – CROWDER
                    2018 – JASON ALDEAN – LUKE COMBS – LUKE BRYAN – MORGAN WALLEN – KID ROCK – TED NUGENT – CASTING CROWNS – LAUREN DAIGLE

Here we are with Carrie Underwood

Last edited by Iowa #1603; 06-14-2019, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
                      Who?

And in Rockport Indiana, population 2,270?
                      Exactly. I wouldn’t know one of their songs if it started blaring out of my bunion.

Five years from now, they will join all the other nu metal bands forever buried in the impenetrable sludge...
                      Last edited by Ratatatat; 06-14-2019, 08:06 PM.

Hanlon's razor

Comment

Exactly. I wouldn’t know one of their songs if it started blaring out of my bunion.

Five years from now, they will join all the other nu metal bands forever buried in the impenetrable sludge...
                        Just FYI, there's noting memorable about them...they're literally a glorified cover band (pretty much all of their popular songs are "hard," angst-y versions of classic rock songs from famous artists).
                        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

What a stupid rock band name, btw.

I hate how rock bands are named these day in general: Staind. Trappt. Twiztid. Three Days Grace. Three Doors Down. Third Eye Blind. All are just horrible.

Van Halen. Rush. Guns N Roses. The Who. The Stones. Those are rock bands. Three Finger Booger Pick doesn't hold a flame against them.

Hanlon's razor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8465 users online. 381 members and 8084 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X