Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polk County Sheriff's Office or Orange County Sheriff's Office (FL)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polk County Sheriff's Office or Orange County Sheriff's Office (FL)

I was wondering if anyone has a little more insight, on Polk County or Orange County Sheriff's offices. I have done ride a longs with both agencies, they are both really great agencies. I was just wondering if anyone has heard or has any experience with one of these agencies. Good,bad and all in between.

jashaun, you know your business, but you might get more response in the Florida forum below. You might also suggest things you're especially interested in (shift plan, takehome vehicles, medical insurance, and so forth). Good luck if you're inthe process for either of these agencies.
    John from Maryland

Comment

Retired in Orange County. Sheriff's Office is good. I deal with an officer as part of Neighborhood Watch. I do know they do not work traffic at all: no accidents and very little enforcement. If working traffic is your thing, you may not like OC. Not sure on Polk. Did you look at Voiusia? Sheriff is very well liked and morale is good. All have take home cars. Grady Judd is also well liked.

Comment

Originally posted by phillyrube View Post
        Retired in Orange County. Sheriff's Office is good. I deal with an officer as part of Neighborhood Watch. I do know they do not work traffic at all: no accidents and very little enforcement. If working traffic is your thing, you may not like OC. Not sure on Polk. Did you look at Voiusia? Sheriff is very well liked and morale is good. All have take home cars. Grady Judd is also well liked.
        Congrats on retirement. Do they not do traffic enforcement due to high call volume? I know they dont investigate accidents, when I did my ride along, the deputy called FHP to take the accident report. I have not looked at Volusia, I am going to research them to see what I can find. But I have pretty much decided it's either going to be Orange or Polk.

Comment

Deputy I talked to said he doesn't write much traffic. From the way drivers behave down here, I just don't see many cars pulled over with red/blues behind them. Lots of deputies on the street, but then everyone has a takehome.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9804 users online. 471 members and 9333 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X