Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOAcop38
    replied
    and for those of you curious- Ernesto "che " guevara was a South American,born to an "upper class" educated family- in his early yrs He and his family would have pretended to side with the "workers" but actually looked down on dirty grubby faced indian peasants like the poor day laborers who are forced to sneek across our borders by their uncaring nation.Che turned into a "hypocritical ,and cold blooded" killer,often shooting and torturing peasants who wouldn't side with his cuban inspired Marxist ideology-often acting NO better than the gov't forces he ws trying to bring down.despite being a "doctor", Che was often more of a butcher promoting a now nearly DEAD political/social movement that was PROVEN to take more rights from oppressed people than give rights-so much for the kids who refuse to stay in school and LEARN history,but gladly plunk out $20 a t-shirt with old "che's" face splashed across it then go out to rally for "their" communities "rights"( anyone see the irony in this???)

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    Yeah, they just wanted to exercise their 1ST Amendment rights.....
    How can you exercise a "right" thats NOT yours?????I can't go to another country (Mexico) and demand that I be allowed to come and go as I please without obeying their laws ........!!(unless I want to end up in a cell with a bucket for a toilet)

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Protests aren't "meant to be diruptive????" YES, THEY WERE! You don't remember hearing about all those Hispanics PROUDLY saying that they were going to bring America to a standstill? Stopped businesses. Stopped traffic. They were bragging BRAGGING about how they were going to create gridlock. Seriously, you are going to DENY hearing this?

Yeah, they just wanted to exercise their 1ST Amendment rights.....

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    I am not a conspiracy theorist FYI. My "theory" was a response to some other dumb theory I saw amongst these posts and threads. I can't even remember which. Also, there are such people as hispanic minutemen and one of them that I know of is a police officer.

The Phelps family is a group whose primary goal is disruption. Protesting accompanies that goal. To try to make an analogy between the illegal immigration or anti-war protests and the Phelps idiots is just proving the ignorance beyond doubt. The majority of protests I have seen involved your typical message-sending folks who stayed focused on protesting and a special group of morons whose intent was to disrupt the event by acting like stupid little anarchists. These are the people trying to kick officers, throwing bottles and rocks, and being a nuisance to everybody; officers and protestors alike.

The main objective of a protest is to stir up a commotion, to disrupt the norm and put a face to a cause by willful disobedience, be it passive or aggressive in nature. The word protest is just that, a word. Something to hide behind.
    Public protests are public displays of dissent. In most cases, against their government's actions or laws. There are abortion protestors who do not shoot doctors or block entrances and exits to the clinics. These are people who protest. People who murder doctors and block people are agitators and murderers. They should not all be lumped together.

Also what about the numbers? Correct me if I am wrong but there were THOUSANDS of protestors and yet only 50-100 agitators? It is hardly justifiable to act like this was a protest with the intent to go full scale riot.

The word protest is not just a word, it has an accompanying meaning.
    "The act of making a strong public expression of disagreement and disapproval"
    People don't hide behind words. The only reason you are saying this is because you disagree with the views the majority of the protestors were advancing.

If these protests were MEANT to cause disruption then how come there wasn't massive chaos in all the other cities where these same protests were being conducted? Here in Sacramento there was minimal disruption. The majority of the protestors came together, got attention from the media for their message, and dispersed peacefully. I'm sure there were plenty of morons who tried to bring violence and crime into the equation but they weren't influencing many other people.

You should rightfully be angry with the agitators, the politicians for not being fair and waiting for review of the incident, and even the illegal immigrants who broke our laws to get here. I'm angry about this too. I think the police officers in that situation are being VERY unfairly and permaturely judged. A thorough review of the incident still needs to be done and in the meantime people like Bratton and Villaraigosa need to put a lid on it and play it neutral. People's lives and credibility is on the line here and it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Leave a comment:

• Margaret Hood
    replied
    Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    Total BS. The PC reaction of the police: it was only "a very few" of the most calm and wonderful protestors who crossed the line

VS. "all of those bastards in the nazi police were knocking over the elderly and using batons on mothers with strollers."
    LOL=LOL=LOL=*********

Leave a comment:

• Margaret Hood
    replied
    ROCK ON ...LAPD! I am so tired of our LE being restrained at every turn and yet suppose to protect the public and the right to protect themselves.Always!!

Leave a comment:

• LuvedMyMotor
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Ooooohhhhh, puuuuuhleeeeez! You're killin' me, here.

Every one of these things, Im surrounded by angry, ******ed-off Hispanics, dressed in black and red and sporting their best Che Guevara look-alike gear. Your average middle-class, white, 50-something Minuteman would be uncovered and beaten to a bloody pulp within a few minutes, of the Ozomatli/Rage Aagainst the Machine prelude.
    I retired a couple of years ago from a So Cal dept...I remember the problems we all had after Rodney King...EVERY time you contacted a "person of color", you got screamed at that you were going to beat them like King, etc...I'm wondering if THAT kind of thing has started yet and what the morale is like at LAPD after this? Is Bratton going too far apologizing every chance he gets? Granted, some of the video looks bad, but I would expect the chief to defend his guys a bit more than he has.

Leave a comment:

• EMVAMPYRE
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    Protestors don't go a protest to start crap up. That is just absolutely ignorant. There are some people who attend events such as these with the intent to disrupt things. They disrupt, get police to respond, and get a bunch of press time. Now...judging by the reactions of some of you here thinking protestors are all there to start crap up with local authorities...it wouldn't surprise me if the same mentality was among officers on the front lines of those "riots" they might very well have used excessive force. You keep passing that false logic around your going to lose sight of the true problem with protests; the disruptors.

And if we all want to throw theories around don't forget a big one. Enemies of these protestors might have an interest in dusrupting a protest against something they believe in. Could be minutemen among those "anarchists" for all we know.
    Wow! I love you conspiracy theorists! That's one funny piece of logic you have there.

How much riot training have you had djack16? Did you miss the part where it talks about the militant views of the illegal immigrants side? Have you read any of the literature passed out by these "peaceful" demostrators on May 1st and days just prior?

The main objective of a protest is to stir up a commotion, to disrupt the norm and put a face to a cause by willful disobedience, be it passive or aggressive in nature. The word protest is just that, a word. Something to hide behind.

Where did you work during the DNC here in LA? What part of the county were you in during the Rodney Riots? How about any of the localized "immigration rallies" held here in LA? During all of these "protests", monetary loss was great, loss of life was there as well, and pain was felt by most. These were not protests in the classic Suffragette mindframe. These were viloent outbursts meant to harm and frighten. Nothing more. And the action on May 1st in Los Angeles was just that. Does it matter that there were only 40-50 violent offenders? No. Not when they are connected to the cause at hand pushed by the rest of the collective group.

Leave a comment:

• Traffic_82
    replied
    Without knowing all of the facts and circumstances...it appears to be dissapointing . I've been a victim of a witch hunt myself, so I know the feeling.

Leave a comment:

• scratched13
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
    Saw this one last night, when our local NBC affiliate attempts to go"Beyond Alabama" with the news. Chief Bratton, in full uniform, apologizing to one of the Hispanic TV anchormen for the events of the prior night. I really hate to say it, but I'm beginning to think he's getting ready to pull the plug on his own Officers. There certainly hasn't been time to do the "full review" Bratton promised. Looks like the appeasing, and **&^kissing has already started.
    POS politician. Where did all of our leaders go? That man does not deserve to where the uniform. People like him are turning our country over to ambulance chasers and con men.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by djack16 View Post
    And if we all want to throw theories around don't forget a big one. Enemies of these protestors might have an interest in dusrupting a protest against something they believe in. Could be minutemen among those "anarchists" for all we know.
    Ooooohhhhh, puuuuuhleeeeez! You're killin' me, here.

Every one of these things, Im surrounded by angry, ******ed-off Hispanics, dressed in black and red and sporting their best Che Guevara look-alike gear. Your average middle-class, white, 50-something Minuteman would be uncovered and beaten to a bloody pulp within a few minutes, of the Ozomatli/Rage Aagainst the Machine prelude.
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 05-06-2007, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    Protestors don't go a protest to start crap up. That is just absolutely ignorant. There are some people who attend events such as these with the intent to disrupt things. They disrupt, get police to respond, and get a bunch of press time. Now...judging by the reactions of some of you here thinking protestors are all there to start crap up with local authorities...it wouldn't surprise me if the same mentality was among officers on the front lines of those "riots" they might very well have used excessive force. You keep passing that false logic around your going to lose sight of the true problem with protests; the disruptors.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    LA Riots

Saw this one last night, when our local NBC affiliate attempts to go"Beyond Alabama" with the news. Chief Bratton, in full uniform, apologizing to one of the Hispanic TV anchormen for the events of the prior night. I really hate to say it, but I'm beginning to think he's getting ready to pull the plug on his own Officers. There certainly hasn't been time to do the "full review" Bratton promised. Looks like the appeasing, and **&^kissing has already started.

Leave a comment:

• Magicman
    replied
    Originally posted by amblnc38 View Post
    Heh, it'd be nice to see that in a news article so I could tell the whiny brats over on my other forum to STFU.

Oh, but they will give it...whether you like it or not.

Either way, I'm sitting this one out for a few days. I hope no one gets screwed over this...but I'm way too optimistic about these things.

Oh trust me I know! I'm gearing up for 2 festivals tonight here. I'm sure they'll be calm but we've had trouble in the past with them. That was my point. I think very few people understand what it's like to be involved in that type of situation. I hope those guys in LA come out on the good end of this and aren't thrown under the bus.

Leave a comment:

• amblnc38
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    I was there.

Tear gas? No. Department regs prohibit the use of chemical agents/tear gas for crowd control. What people are describing as "tear gas," was the gunsmoke, coming from the barrels of the 37MM launchers for.....

Rubber bullets? No. Foam rubber baton-prjectile rounds, yes. Lots of them.
    Heh, it'd be nice to see that in a news article so I could tell the whiny brats over on my other forum to STFU.

Originally posted by Magicman View Post
    I love the arm chair quarter backs that could have done a better job. Unless you have been in a situation with thousands of people and trying to keep order, I don't want to hear your opinion.
    Oh, but they will give it...whether you like it or not.

Either way, I'm sitting this one out for a few days. I hope no one gets screwed over this...but I'm way too optimistic about these things.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4208 users online. 280 members and 3928 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X