300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post
    I was thinking (dangerous thing, I know) would there be this same rightous indignation from the media if it had been a The Aryan Brotherhood, the Hells Angels, or some other primarily anglo based group. The reason I ask this - I live in Arizona and I know how the cops are portrayed out here in the media (not very well at times) and it seems like when there is a white male that is injured or killed by police you don't see but a little blurb on the next to last page of the Arizona Repugnant, but if the victim is black, hispanic, or female then break out the tar and feathers immediately.

Onto my orignal point. It's such a shame that instead of focusing on how quick action saved this from becoming a full-fledged riot (think Rodney King verdict) that might have cost a whole boatload of money in property damage they chose to slam the already beleagured reputation of the LAPD. I also hope that nothing bad happens to the officers who (because of the actions of miscreants) were forced to respond to this situation.
    Unfortunately the media focuses on what sells news. And this, well, is all over the news and people are talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
      Also, it seems like Bratton is taking the side of the angry public, why would attention be focused on him?
      I just worry it might happen...after 30 years here in L.A. I could not guarantee any C/O/P's safety with the radical fringe that seems to have the ear of our civic leaders.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
        1 - The law is the only warning you can expect. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If you are throwing rocks and bottles at cops you are breaking the law and they will retaliate.

2 - Multiple warnings? What kind of idea is that? When I was growing up if you had to be warned more than once about ANYTHING, you got your *** whooped.

3 - This is America. Our primary language is English. Just because a lot of Spanish-speakers snuck in illegally doesn't mean we have to train all of our cops to be bi-lingual. People can speak whatever language they please, I encourage it. I just don't see how you can go to a non-hispanic country and expect the native people to know Spanish.
        All I can say to you is, "Welcome to L.A."

Our rules of engagement with crowds follow procedures we're learned the hard way with protest groups who were English as a second language (ESL).

You can say our hands out tied, or you can say our risk managers have laid out a plan that will save us money in civil court. If we don;t follow our own established procedures, then we might as well just start handing out the settlement checks when the dust clears.

Please remember, I don't have to like it....I just have to do it.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Braton needs to GO!

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
          Is it true that the illegal invaders started attacking the LAPD last night in MacArthur Park and the LAPD shot tear gas and rubber bullets at them?

Way to go LAPD!! Keep it up
          I can't believe that Chief in the LAPD once one of the finest organizations in the world crucified his own officers by making comments to the media about some officers response was inappropriate. Im glad my Chief isn't a moron. Ever heard of "No comment til we look at the facts". How would he have responded or anyone for that matter with illegal aliens throwing bottles and such? A riot is a riot, civil disobidience is a PR word. That fiasco was a RIOT and people are lucky they only were hit with rubber bullets. What kind of Chief do you guys work for in the LAPD?
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
            I can't believe that Chief in the LAPD once one of the finest organizations in the world crucified his own officers by making comments to the media about some officers response was inappropriate. Im glad my Chief isn't a moron. Ever heard of "No comment til we look at the facts". How would he have responded or anyone for that matter with illegal aliens throwing bottles and such? A riot is a riot, civil disobidience is a PR word. That fiasco was a RIOT and people are lucky they only were hit with rubber bullets. What kind of Chief do you guys work for in the LAPD?
            One trying to keep his job.

I give props to the guys in LA, because it's way too political, and the radical hispanics are running that city.

Comment

There will be payment either way

Originally posted by katzeyze View Post
              I was thinking (dangerous thing, I know) would there be this same rightous indignation from the media if it had been a The Aryan Brotherhood, the Hells Angels, or some other primarily anglo based group. The reason I ask this - I live in Arizona and I know how the cops are portrayed out here in the media (not very well at times) and it seems like when there is a white male that is injured or killed by police you don't see but a little blurb on the next to last page of the Arizona Repugnant, but if the victim is black, hispanic, or female then break out the tar and feathers immediately.

Onto my orignal point. It's such a shame that instead of focusing on how quick action saved this from becoming a full-fledged riot (think Rodney King verdict) that might have cost a whole boatload of money in property damage they chose to slam the already beleagured reputation of the LAPD. I also hope that nothing bad happens to the officers who (because of the actions of miscreants) were forced to respond to this situation.
              The LAPD saved property but they will have to pay now that their Chief guaranteed their officers acted inappropriate by stating so to the media. Dumb mistake that will undoubtedly cost the city civil suits to be paid to people who shouldn't even have any rights because they are ILLEGAL ALIENS to begin with...Thanks Chiefo...Incidently Rodney King was another example of Officers being hung out to dry..God Bless you LAPD men and women. I feel for you all. Semper Fi
              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

There are too many people (politicians/lawyers/celebs/libs) who are willing to sell out our country from a few votes/bucks/emotional farts.
                Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                  Perhaps Reading the last two posts you've submitted, seems like you know it all, already! Not bad for a thirty five year old, non LEO student
                  Altghough my intentions are not to get "tainted" in the forums or be labeled an armchair quarterback, i have to stand my ground. I come here to learn from the "know it alls" like those elders that have walked the beat for awhile. I may be new to this forums, but have been lurking for a while and expected this. I am only 35 and although it "seems" (nice way to leave a back door), as though I may know it all, I never made any such remarks. I have opinions and some go against the current. However, i don't ever do the opposite of what I believe. Hopefully you "veterans" can help me better understand the true ways of the LEO. I am not a LEO student!!! Unless this is school!!! I was raised in Southern California (Lynwood) and have been in the Navy for almost 18 years. I will be receiving my BS in professional aeronautics from Embry-Riddle July 29th of this year. My plan is to retire from the military and persue a career in law enforcement. I have minors in management and safety, wich i hope to be able to apply in LE. I tell you Sir, I'm no spring chicken in life, just persuing a dream here. And I am ready to take the good with the bad, so thank you for your inputs.
                  Thank you to all that serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M
                    Please remember, I don't have to like it....I just have to do it.
                    Yep, it sucks having your hands tied by your boss.

The trick is, if you're in my situation, working for a company that you don't care about, then you have no problem following whatever instructions they give you, as long as you get paid.

Originally posted by rusty57
                    to learn from the "know it alls" like those elders that have walked the beat for awhile
                    Heh, everyone in the world is a know-it-all. Even when I was 6 years old climbing on my mailbox to walk on top of a nearby wall, I knew better than the cop who told me to cut it out. She was crazy, it was totally safe for a 6 year-old to practice balancing on top of a 10-foot wall.
                    Last edited by Fëanor; 05-04-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

LA Riot

One of our members brought up the name Warren Christopher in relation to his role on the commission which bears his name. Christopher is an attorney, and was Jimmy Carter's Secretary of State. It was no doubt the police expertise he gained in these two roles, which led to his appointment to chair the post Rodney King reform(s) of LAPD. This is the same Warren Christopher who admonished Army Col. Charlie Beckwith to "only wound" any Iranians who opposed the U.S. Embassy rescue attempt. Yah, the mission failed for other reasons, but Christopher's mind set is what's important, at least to me. I'm not to here to argue whether or not an agency should promote from within, or bring in outside talent. Both options have good and bad points. I'm not especially concerned with whether or not Bratton is re-appointed. What I am concerned about is whether or not he has the _**& to back Officers who performed correctly and professionally. If, after a full, fair, and impartial review(as opposed to a witch hunt) any Officers are found to have acted improperly, appropriate disciplinary should be taken. My present concern is that Chief Bratton has spoken a little too quickly concerning the conduct and actions of the involved Officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                        I was there.

Tear gas? No. Department regs prohibit the use of chemical agents/tear gas for crowd control. What people are describing as "tear gas," was the gunsmoke, coming from the barrels of the 37MM launchers for.....

Rubber bullets? No. Foam rubber baton-prjectile rounds, yes. Lots of them.
                        Heh, it'd be nice to see that in a news article so I could tell the whiny brats over on my other forum to STFU.

Originally posted by Magicman View Post
                        I love the arm chair quarter backs that could have done a better job. Unless you have been in a situation with thousands of people and trying to keep order, I don't want to hear your opinion.
                        Oh, but they will give it...whether you like it or not.

Either way, I'm sitting this one out for a few days. I hope no one gets screwed over this...but I'm way too optimistic about these things.
                        Considerably.....

83.9 on the Jeff Co. test! Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by amblnc38 View Post
                          Heh, it'd be nice to see that in a news article so I could tell the whiny brats over on my other forum to STFU.

Oh, but they will give it...whether you like it or not.

Either way, I'm sitting this one out for a few days. I hope no one gets screwed over this...but I'm way too optimistic about these things.

Oh trust me I know! I'm gearing up for 2 festivals tonight here. I'm sure they'll be calm but we've had trouble in the past with them. That was my point. I think very few people understand what it's like to be involved in that type of situation. I hope those guys in LA come out on the good end of this and aren't thrown under the bus.

Comment

LA Riots

Saw this one last night, when our local NBC affiliate attempts to go"Beyond Alabama" with the news. Chief Bratton, in full uniform, apologizing to one of the Hispanic TV anchormen for the events of the prior night. I really hate to say it, but I'm beginning to think he's getting ready to pull the plug on his own Officers. There certainly hasn't been time to do the "full review" Bratton promised. Looks like the appeasing, and **&^kissing has already started.

Comment

Protestors don't go a protest to start crap up. That is just absolutely ignorant. There are some people who attend events such as these with the intent to disrupt things. They disrupt, get police to respond, and get a bunch of press time. Now...judging by the reactions of some of you here thinking protestors are all there to start crap up with local authorities...it wouldn't surprise me if the same mentality was among officers on the front lines of those "riots" they might very well have used excessive force. You keep passing that false logic around your going to lose sight of the true problem with protests; the disruptors.

And if we all want to throw theories around don't forget a big one. Enemies of these protestors might have an interest in dusrupting a protest against something they believe in. Could be minutemen among those "anarchists" for all we know.
                              -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by djack16 View Post
                                And if we all want to throw theories around don't forget a big one. Enemies of these protestors might have an interest in dusrupting a protest against something they believe in. Could be minutemen among those "anarchists" for all we know.
                                Ooooohhhhh, puuuuuhleeeeez! You're killin' me, here.

Every one of these things, Im surrounded by angry, ******ed-off Hispanics, dressed in black and red and sporting their best Che Guevara look-alike gear. Your average middle-class, white, 50-something Minuteman would be uncovered and beaten to a bloody pulp within a few minutes, of the Ozomatli/Rage Aagainst the Machine prelude.
                                Last edited by Kieth M.; 05-06-2007, 01:28 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5625 users online. 341 members and 5284 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X