Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes ME angry is watching protestors tear up and burn stuff while the police watch so as not to "incite the crowd."

While I do not enjoy watching harm come to people, a nice @ss kicking would have been well deserved.
    Space for rent .........

Comment

Well then, i stand corrected. Some LEO do appreciate when they have an opportunity to go hands on and actually dish it out with the "bad" guys. Perhaps i have a lot to learn as i hope to one day join the ranks of LEO's. I understand self defense and all that, and hope everything comes out well for the officers involved in this particular incident. However, some comments should be kept, personal, because you never know who is reading or watching what one types.I have personal opinions on a lot of topics, but i'll be damned if i'll express them in an open forum that anyone can read and perhaps use against me at a later time. Credability in court goes a long way. Imagine someone using transcrips from this forum to show aggression on behalf of an officer or to disqualify someone from the hiring process. I'm just rambeling on here, so i'll stop. Sorry about the winded post.
      Thank you to all that serve.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
        Not quite correct. Thankfully, no major...even modreate injuries to LEO's.

"Community members" faired a little worse..."Media members" were described as "hospitalized," on one channel. If hospitalization is a trip to the emergency room, where you complain of pain and bruising, then go home, then I've been hospitalized many, many times. The hospitalized media members have, so far, refused to make statements to PSB/IAD. I'm sure they'll open up to their personal injury attorneys, however.
        From the Los Angeles Times:

"...Fifteen police officers were among those hurt. About 10 people were taken from MacArthur Park by ambulance to hospitals for treatment, said d'Lisa Davies, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Fire Department. She said the injuries mainly were cuts, including head and neck wounds. None of the injuries were believed to be serious. Police reported that one demonstrator was arrested..."

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

rusty ...... you have some things to learn. If you don't want to "taint" yourself here, okay. But don't say something OPPOSITE of what you believe. Cops (having done a time as a cop) tend to see "the bigger picture." Protestors like these idiots (illegals or pro-illegals) are doing NOTHING to help America. They are just trying to help themselves (or those like themselves) "get some of theirs." I have NO problem with someone coming to the US legally and jumping through all of the hoops necessary to become my fellow American. Jump the fence, cut in line, disregard OUR LAWS ....... I take offense to that. So I see some protestors WHO ARE BREAKING THE LAW and are fighting against my BROTHER IN BLUE, I will not "flinch" because something "looks bad." I say good job.
          Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
            Perhaps i have a lot to learn as i hope to one day join the ranks of LEO's.
            Perhaps Reading the last two posts you've submitted, seems like you know it all, already! Not bad for a thirty five year old, non LEO student
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

LA riot

One of our local media stations did a spot on the LA situation last night. There was a piece with Chief Bratton indicating "some Officer's actions were inappropriate". Pretty quick determination by Bratton. Needless to say, there were no comments from Bratton or the media as to what may have caused the disturbances. I'll let our LAPD and California members weigh in on this one, but my gut tells me Bratton is prepared to serve up some of his Officers on the altar of political correctness. Hope I'm wrong on this one.

Comment

I love the arm chair quarter backs that could have done a better job. Unless you have been in a situation with thousands of people and trying to keep order, I don't want to hear your opinion.

Comment

Oh, I firmly believe heads are gonna' roll in the aftermath of this...

...but, hopefully, it will only be after all the facts are known.

I'm hearing some things I don't like, from the media, about a lack of warning proper the crowd, muiltiple times, in both English and Spanish. And as they were working on a different frequency than I was, I don't know who gave the orders to clear the street, then the park.

I better clarify my first statement in this thread. I was there at the tail end, conducting a search/"rescue" for a wounded community member inside the hostile crowd. After seeing everything in the news, I have my own questions. I know the answers will get delivered. But, as I only have two months to go anyway, I'll probably read about it here on O.com, rather than hear about it at work.

I would hate too see Chief Bratton not get returned as a result of this incident. At the same time, I would hate to see the innocent punished just to satisfy the few members of the public calling for his not being re-hired. My gut tells me there may be some earlier than expected retirements of some of our bosses.
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Oh, I firmly believe heads are gonna' roll in the aftermath of this...

...but, hopefully, it will only be after all the facts are known.

I'm hearing some things I don't like, from the media, about a lack of warning proper the crowd, muiltiple times, in both English and Spanish. And as they were working on a different frequency than I was, I don't know who gave the orders to clear the street, then the park.

I better clarify my first statement in this thread. I was there at the tail end, conducting a search/"rescue" for a wounded community member inside the hostile crowd. After seeing everything in the news, I have my own questions. I know the answers will get delivered. But, as I only have two months to go anyway, I'll probably read about it here on O.com, rather than hear about it at work.

I would hate too see Chief Bratton not get returned as a result of this incident. At the same time, I would hate to see the innocent punished just to satisfy the few members of the public calling for his not being re-hired. My gut tells me there may be some earlier than expected retirements of some of our bosses.

Rehired? Explain?

Also, it seems like Bratton is taking the side of the angry public, why would attention be focused on him?

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
                      Well then, i stand corrected. Some LEO do appreciate when they have an opportunity to go hands on and actually dish it out with the "bad" guys. Perhaps i have a lot to learn as i hope to one day join the ranks of LEO's. I understand self defense and all that, and hope everything comes out well for the officers involved in this particular incident. However, some comments should be kept, personal, because you never know who is reading or watching what one types.I have personal opinions on a lot of topics, but i'll be damned if i'll express them in an open forum that anyone can read and perhaps use against me at a later time. Credability in court goes a long way. Imagine someone using transcrips from this forum to show aggression on behalf of an officer or to disqualify someone from the hiring process. I'm just rambeling on here, so i'll stop. Sorry about the winded post.

I'm only nonsworn, but damn... save this for the oral board!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                        One of our local media stations did a spot on the LA situation last night. There was a piece with Chief Bratton indicating "some Officer's actions were inappropriate". Pretty quick determination by Bratton. Needless to say, there were no comments from Bratton or the media as to what may have caused the disturbances. I'll let our LAPD and California members weigh in on this one, but my gut tells me Bratton is prepared to serve up some of his Officers on the altar of political correctness. Hope I'm wrong on this one.
                        I agree. Bratton is so quick to judge the actions of officers without letting the investigation take its course.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto View Post
                          Rehired? Explain?

Also, it seems like Bratton is taking the side of the angry public, why would attention be focused on him?
                          In the aftermath of post Rodney King - Christopher Commission Reforms, LAPD Chiefs of Police are appointed to five-year terms, and may only be re-appointed once, for a total not to exceed ten years. Bratton is soon to finish his first five-year term.
                          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I'm hearing some things I don't like, from the media, about a lack of warning proper the crowd, muiltiple times, in both English and Spanish
                            1 - The law is the only warning you can expect. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If you are throwing rocks and bottles at cops you are breaking the law and they will retaliate.

2 - Multiple warnings? What kind of idea is that? When I was growing up if you had to be warned more than once about ANYTHING, you got your *** whooped.

3 - This is America. Our primary language is English. Just because a lot of Spanish-speakers snuck in illegally doesn't mean we have to train all of our cops to be bi-lingual. People can speak whatever language they please, I encourage it. I just don't see how you can go to a non-hispanic country and expect the native people to know Spanish.

Comment

In the aftermath of post Rodney King - Christopher Commission Reforms, LAPD Chiefs of Police are appointed to five-year terms, and may only be re-appointed once, for a total not to exceed ten years. Bratton is soon to finish his first five-year term.
                              Interesting, wasn't aware of that. Can you touch on my second question?

Comment

I was thinking (dangerous thing, I know) would there be this same rightous indignation from the media if it had been a The Aryan Brotherhood, the Hells Angels, or some other primarily anglo based group. The reason I ask this - I live in Arizona and I know how the cops are portrayed out here in the media (not very well at times) and it seems like when there is a white male that is injured or killed by police you don't see but a little blurb on the next to last page of the Arizona Repugnant, but if the victim is black, hispanic, or female then break out the tar and feathers immediately.

Onto my orignal point. It's such a shame that instead of focusing on how quick action saved this from becoming a full-fledged riot (think Rodney King verdict) that might have cost a whole boatload of money in property damage they chose to slam the already beleagured reputation of the LAPD. I also hope that nothing bad happens to the officers who (because of the actions of miscreants) were forced to respond to this situation.
                                R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                                I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4990 users online. 310 members and 4680 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X