300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
    Well, Vivalaraza is in the pockets of Mexico so ....

I am hearing now that several officers involved may be fired pending a review ... that is UTTER BULLSH-T, those officers are heros who put their lives on the line to stop what could have turned into an big riot if they stood by. God Bless our LEOS! Those officers should be rewarded instead of being punished.
    Yup. Didn't the guy used to be a gang member? No wonder the people elected him.

Comment

LAPD and "riot"

Knowing this, and if I were an LAPD Officer, I'd be putting in appliactions to Sheriff's and Highway Patrol.
      __________________________________________________ __________

http://www.bruinalumni.com/antonio/villar2.html

Chapter 2
      A Media Blackout on Villar’s Past

For a youth who displayed such ambition and achieved such lofty goals – removing a UCLA professor who would not, under his directorship, subsume the Chicano Studies Center to the cause of Chicano radicalism – Antonio Villaraigosa has shown surprisingly little interest in talking about his time as a UCLA MEChA leader.

In a comprehensive search of every major news database, even passing references to Villaraigosa’s affiliation with this radical, violent and separatist organization are few and far between. Direct acknowledgement of his association is almost nil.
      During the controversy over Cruz Bustamante’s MEChA alumni status during the 2002 gubernatorial recall campaign, Villaraigosa airily remarked, "Most of us attended a meeting or more. Nearly everybody was involved with it some way."[1] But more telling is that during the 2001 campaign for Los Angeles mayor, Villaraigosa was asked at the final mayoral debate live on ABC 7-TV and KNX 1070-AM if he still adhered to the group’s goals, and refused to give a direct yes or no answer.[2]

More instructive about Villaraigosa’s acceptance of the goals and philosophies of MEChA are his public affiliations with MEChA and student radicals at UCLA. Most significant would be his appearance on April 12, 1998 at the MEChA National Convention, held that year on the UCLA campus.

MEChA held a banquet that night honoring, among others, Sal Castro, organizer of the East Los Angeles School Blowouts of 1968, and featured a speech from Villaraigosa, then the president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund.

Villaraigosa also came to the UCLA campus and spoke glowingly about the actions of student radicals (including many MEChA members) the very night that they shut down a 2001 Los Angeles mayoral debate at Royce Hall. Villaraigosa also spoke personally to the radicals, blasting the University of California anti-preference statutes SP-1 and SP-2: “This is not Mississippi in 1960; this is not Alabama! This is California, the golden state; people from every corner of the world come here to realize the American Dream.”

Villaraigosa’s strong feelings about racial preferences are not just the product of a fevered mind that viewed a Communist Chicano splinter group as a reasonable community partner, but a matter of bald self-interest as well.

While speaking to those students, Villaraigosa also admitted that as an affirmative action admit to UCLA, “some people have said I got in through the back door, but I left through the front.” What Villaraigosa failed to mention is that he left campus in 1975 to take a job and didn’t meander back to any graduation doors, front or back, until many years later.[3]

Those who benefit from an unequal system usually have the most interest in preserving that inequality. The rabid beneficiaries of affirmative action like Villaraigosa are prime examples of this maxim

Comment

Go LAPD! The media always think that they have some right to break the law.
        The Thin Blue Line!

Comment

LA police 'inappropriate' says chief after immigration clashes

Los Angeles police chief William Bratton on Wednesday promised an investigation into clashes that marred immigration protests, suggesting there had been "inappropriate" behavior by officers.

Television images showed baton-wielding police in riot gear clubbing journalists and firing rubber bullets after scuffles broke out following a day-long rally involving several thousand protestors on Tuesday.

Around 10 protestors suffered minor injuries in the violence, Los Angeles Fire Department officials told local media, while police said 15 officers were hurt in the trouble.

Bratton, who was appointed five years ago with a brief to clean up the Los Angeles Police Department's (LAPD's) image, said he would seek to hold an "open" internal inquiry into the violence.

Bratton also hinted that after watching footage of the incident police may have over-reacted.

"Some of what I've seen as chief of the department does not look appropriate," Bratton told local radio station KNX.

"There were some scenes there, clearly, based on my years of experience and the years of experience of many of my command staff, did not appear to be (appropriate)."

Bratton described the disturbances as "a series of very fluid events -- there were multiple things going on."

He said the Police Commission would "be fully involved in terms of staying abreast of it ... and we'll try to do this as openly as we can."

Television reports showed a police officer knocking down a cameraman, then grabbing the camera and tossing it to the ground.

The police tactics were condemned by journalist body the Radio and Television News Association (RTNA).

"There is evidence that officers knocked reporters to the ground, used batons on photographers and damaged cameras, possibly motivated by anger over journalists photographing efforts by officers to control the movements of marchers," an RTNA statement said.
          "I neither approve or blame. I merely relate."- Voltaire

Comment

Dont mess with the LAPD. Good Job guys. Maybe those people will leave now.

sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202 View Post
              Is it true that the illegal invaders started attacking the LAPD last night in MacArthur Park and the LAPD shot tear gas and rubber bullets at them?
              I was there.

Tear gas? No. Department regs prohibit the use of chemical agents/tear gas for crowd control. What people are describing as "tear gas," was the gunsmoke, coming from the barrels of the 37MM launchers for.....

Rubber bullets? No. Foam rubber baton-prjectile rounds, yes. Lots of them.
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                Point of information: There were more LEOs injured than demonstrators.
                Not quite correct. Thankfully, no major...even modreate injuries to LEO's.

"Community members" faired a little worse..."Media members" were described as "hospitalized," on one channel. If hospitalization is a trip to the emergency room, where you complain of pain and bruising, then go home, then I've been hospitalized many, many times. The hospitalized media members have, so far, refused to make statements to PSB/IAD. I'm sure they'll open up to their personal injury attorneys, however.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by xraodcop View Post
                  Knowing this, and if I were an LAPD Officer, I'd be putting in appliactions to Sheriff's and Highway Patrol.
                  __________________________________________________ __________

http://www.bruinalumni.com/antonio/villar2.html

Chapter 2
                  A Media Blackout on Villar’s Past

For a youth who displayed such ambition and achieved such lofty goals – removing a UCLA professor who would not, under his directorship, subsume the Chicano Studies Center to the cause of Chicano radicalism – Antonio Villaraigosa has shown surprisingly little interest in talking about his time as a UCLA MEChA leader.

In a comprehensive search of every major news database, even passing references to Villaraigosa’s affiliation with this radical, violent and separatist organization are few and far between. Direct acknowledgement of his association is almost nil.
                  During the controversy over Cruz Bustamante’s MEChA alumni status during the 2002 gubernatorial recall campaign, Villaraigosa airily remarked, "Most of us attended a meeting or more. Nearly everybody was involved with it some way."[1] But more telling is that during the 2001 campaign for Los Angeles mayor, Villaraigosa was asked at the final mayoral debate live on ABC 7-TV and KNX 1070-AM if he still adhered to the group’s goals, and refused to give a direct yes or no answer.[2]

More instructive about Villaraigosa’s acceptance of the goals and philosophies of MEChA are his public affiliations with MEChA and student radicals at UCLA. Most significant would be his appearance on April 12, 1998 at the MEChA National Convention, held that year on the UCLA campus.

MEChA held a banquet that night honoring, among others, Sal Castro, organizer of the East Los Angeles School Blowouts of 1968, and featured a speech from Villaraigosa, then the president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund.

Villaraigosa also came to the UCLA campus and spoke glowingly about the actions of student radicals (including many MEChA members) the very night that they shut down a 2001 Los Angeles mayoral debate at Royce Hall. Villaraigosa also spoke personally to the radicals, blasting the University of California anti-preference statutes SP-1 and SP-2: “This is not Mississippi in 1960; this is not Alabama! This is California, the golden state; people from every corner of the world come here to realize the American Dream.”

Villaraigosa’s strong feelings about racial preferences are not just the product of a fevered mind that viewed a Communist Chicano splinter group as a reasonable community partner, but a matter of bald self-interest as well.

While speaking to those students, Villaraigosa also admitted that as an affirmative action admit to UCLA, “some people have said I got in through the back door, but I left through the front.” What Villaraigosa failed to mention is that he left campus in 1975 to take a job and didn’t meander back to any graduation doors, front or back, until many years later.[3]

Those who benefit from an unequal system usually have the most interest in preserving that inequality. The rabid beneficiaries of affirmative action like Villaraigosa are prime examples of this maxim
                  Like I was saying... this is whats going to spread across the country.

Comment

Another news link with good video.
                    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18437701/
                    With Extra Spin by the media.
                    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
                      but it is never "beautiful" to see any officer have to "kick ***". .

Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                        Total BS. The PC reaction of the police: it was only "a very few" of the most calm and wonderful protestors who crossed the line

VS. "all of those bastards in the nazi police were knocking over the elderly and using batons on mothers with strollers."
                        i hope the last part was sarcasm.

Comment

This is foolish, it's clear from the video those people were forming a line against the police rather then dispersing. You have NO business NOT going the other way when an officer in riot gear tells you to GTFO.

HAD this situation got out of hand you know full well there would be criticism that action was not quick and decisive enough! I mean COMMON these people had the AUDACITY to gather in numbers to DEMAND our freedom, and the irrationality to see no fault in the illegal acts already committed, things began to get out of hand, with all the tension, it could have exploded, but it didn’t, I think they did good out there. Only media I saw getting the smack down was some lady who was telling the cop what he could and couldn’t do, and made the mistake of not walking the way she was being directed to.

Ridiculous.

Comment

If your here, thank you to the motor officer that said what needed to be said on the Larry Elder show.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
                              Are you a LEO? I too think that illegal aliens should be deported, but it is never "beautiful" to see any officer have to "kick ***". I'm not LE, but hope to be someday.

Well, that just goes to show you that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

There are times when an ***-kicking is not only necessary, it's well-deserved and quite beautiful.

Oh, by the way, ateamer is indeed an LEO.
                              "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by leopold99 View Post
                                i hope the last part was sarcasm.
                                Yes, didn't I use the icon????
                                Space for rent .........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5591 users online. 341 members and 5250 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X