300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston DA refuses gun charge

This is just insane the policy of the Houston Texas District Attorney....Who ever heard of a littering gun charge..
    https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...F6xpq6NGIdsmzI
    Retired LASD

A good reason NOT to be a Houston cop.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

No paycheck or retirement can be worth that BS! A lot of departments are hiring in GA. Just throwing that out there.

Comment

What I find interesting is how Houston’s criminal justice process works.

The police have to contact the DA before they officially arrest anyone. Talk about getting right to the point!

Of course, this is story is utter rubbish, a littering charge for throwing a gun out a vehicle window? Not even a contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge for the 18 year old (I am guessing Texas doesn’t have this law)? Was the gun stolen? A 17 year old cannot just possess a handgun...even in Texas.

The people definitely got the DA they voted for. It’s not like Houston is the 4th biggest city in America and has a serious violent crime problem.

At least their DA wasn’t one of two DAs to back a sweeping criminal justice reform initiative... cough cough George Gascon and Prop 47.
        semper destravit

Comment

Welcome to the future. We're all screwed.
          Originally posted by RSGSRT
          We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
          Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Better littering than nothing at all. Puts them in the system.

Comment

I remember a District Attorney about 30 years ago, guy refused to prosecute nearly every case. Of course, this always came back on the cops when crime victims saw nothing done and blamed it on us.

It took about a week to make a major change. Instructed my officers that when they received a specific complaint against a suspect, instead of taking a report and following up, just take the complainant and any witnesses into custody as material witnesses, then transport them to the DA's office (during working hours) or his home (after hours). Let them make their complaints directly to the head prosecutor.

When the DA started squawking I instructed by people to submit their reports and statements written with Crayons on pages of a Big Chief tablet, just so the DA would be able to understand everything.

After a week of getting no sleep or rest in his home and dealing with a reception area jammed up with angry people every day the DA practically begged me to return to the old way of doing business.

By that time a couple of newspaper reporters were having a field day at the DA's expense, publishing accounts of victims and summaries of court records over previous years of the DA's administration.

What became of that DA? Well, he was later appointed as a County Court Judge, then advanced to District Court Judge, of course. The Peter Principle in action.

Comment

Look at that idiot in Philly.....

https://www.philly.com/news/philadel...-20190523.html

https://www.philly.com/news/philadel...-20190523.html

https://www.philly.com/news/philly-d...-20190401.html

Comment

You get what you vote for...

Comment

I know a couple of guys in the Houston area that came from my old department. I was looking at applying with them until I found out that you had to call the DA's office before making an arrest. Bullsh.
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8542 users online. 470 members and 8072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X