Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Were Soldiers

Freakin-A AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Just rented it this morning-a waste of money. I'll be BUYING that one. Awesome.

Anybody else agree? If not we don't want to hear from you. (Just kidding... )
    People have more fun than anybody.

It was awesome movie when I saw it at the movie house. I can hardly wait for payday so I can buy it. I just wish my soon to be ex didn't get the home theater system when we divided property. Oh well, Best Buy will run a special on them.

[ 08-21-2002, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Evnings ]
    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Great movie, but, I'll say it again, I think the book is better. The book gave A LOT more background information that set the story up really well, especially if you don't know how the military operates (like me). I hope to soon add this to my DVD collection as well as "Blackhawk Down."

[ 08-21-2002, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: HNDLC3 ]
      A closed mouth gathers no foot. --Unknown

Comment

I saw it at the movies shortly after it was released. Although I suspect there was some less than subtle manipulation of history involved in the screenplay, I found that it affected me on a much deeper level than did "Blackhawk Down". "We Were Soldiers" brought tears to my eyes. I knew the director and screenwriter were cleverly pushing all my buttons....but it didn't matter. Fact is, they were buttons that really needed pushing. "Blackhawk Down" was thrilling and realistic, but it had nowhere near the same emotional impact on me.

Comment

This is one of the movies that I wanted to see in the theatres, but there was too much happening at the time that it was out. I cannot wait to pick it up from the video store on Thursday.

As far as the book being better, isn't that almost always the case. There is just so much more detail in books. Of course, if you read the book first, you are dissappointed with the movie. If you see the movie first, you're angry that they didn't make a better movie! I try to read the books first anyway.

Jim
          "Used to be, parents would try to worldproof their children. Now, they would rather shirk their responsibility and try to childproof the world." - Author Unknown

Comment

LOL well all I can say is when you get another deal on movies like you told me about let me know so I can get in on it too and maybe get this movie. LOL

Klar
            Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Read the book FIRST. It is the only book, so far, about Vietnam that has brought tears to my eyes. The totally hopeless situations that young LT found himself in......you can't imagine.
              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I loved Sam Elliots role!!! It was a great movie.
                Walk slow, Talk low, and Don't say Too Much.

Comment

Do you think they should have told us in the movie, maybe just before the credits rolled, that the day after Harold Moore and his men got out of the Ia Draing valley, they air-assaulted in another Air Cav battalion which was almost completely wiped out by the NVA? If you want to read a good book that will put every war book you've read between WWII and Vietnam into perspective, read Hackworth's "About Face".

Comment

Hackworth's Steel My Soldier's Hearts is also good.
                    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I truly enjoyed this movie. My father was captain of his platoon in Vietnam in an attack helicopter group. I always appreciated his service for his country and his skills as a pilot, but seeing that Air Cav guy perform a very similar role really brought it home to me in a way that other war movies just haven't.

Not that the rest of it wasn't tremendous, of course I just enjoyed feeling like I could kind of go back in time and see what my dad was doing for his country when he was my age
                      I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

For a good "true" story without the Hollywood bullshi*, read "Raptor's Prey" by Gerry Stesiak. It's "fiction" only because most of the people he dogs are still alive. It's actually a true story about a 173rd medic.

Comment

I loved it too. It was the first Nam movie I saw that didn't have the soldiers smoking dope etc. I am a Viet era vet but it was over when I got in.

Comment

Saw the movie last night. Now I'm even more sorry that I didn't seen it in the theatre. Definitely one to buy.

Jim
                            "Used to be, parents would try to worldproof their children. Now, they would rather shirk their responsibility and try to childproof the world." - Author Unknown

Comment

Just got finished watching this movie, still have fresh tears in my eyes. Excellent movie! I watched Black Hawk Down a few weeks ago, it was a great movie, but it didn't touch me like this one did (although I cried during both movies, remember women are sappy like that.)

[ 08-23-2002, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: shorty ]
                              In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3247 users online. 196 members and 3051 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X