300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off duty identifier

What is everyone using/ being issued for off duty identification?

My ID card. Why would I want anyone to know I'm a cop?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Lets say for example you are off duty and find yourself in the middle of a critical incident i.e. armed subject. You address the threat and don’t want a blue on blue to occur with responding officers when they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Visiblue View Post
        Lets say for example you are off duty and find yourself in the middle of a critical incident i.e. armed subject. You address the threat and don’t want a blue on blue to occur with responding officers when they arrive.
        A badge and an ID.................nobody in my area is "issued " anything else
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Then put the gat away, obey the instructions given, ID yourself when things are calm.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Visiblue View Post
            What is everyone using/ being issued for off duty identification?
            You mean carry something like this rolled up in your pocket? Naahhhh.

law-buttons.png
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

You can get one of those jackets that have the pull down POLICE panels. Don't forget to put Thin Blue Line stickers all over your car/truck too, just in case.
              Originally posted by RSGSRT
              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

I usually rip off my top layer of clothing revealing the Superman logo that I had embroidered on all of my white tees for this very reason! Sorry I couldn't help it lol

Comment

• liquor box
                  liquor box commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't you have a police logo tattooed for this situation? I find it save having to wash the superman t-shirt!

• southpaw1
                  southpaw1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  liquor box You're right but it was cheaper (i'm kinda broke for a PO ) and I don't like the idea of someone etching a logo into my skin with a needle hahaha

It's not the ID but where you carry it and how accessible it is. What you want to avoid if possible is to be in a chaotic situation with the blue coming in clueless of who and what is going on and you tell them you are a cop and you've got your ID in the bottom of a bag mixed in with a loaded gun, a can of pepper spray and a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

You mean carry something like this rolled up in your pocket? Naahhhh.

law-buttons.png
                  But, you'll look great when you go in front of the judges for the swimsuit portion of the competition...
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

If you are like so many young cops these days, off-duty in your 5.11 pants, tactical vest with hydration pack, Desert Storm combat boots, Raybans, quad mag pouch, double cuff pouch, primary handgun, back-up handgun, Radio Shack police scanner (with or without tactical earpiece), Taser, expandable baton, badge on a neck chain, and a SWAT baseball cap (worn backwards of course) you should be good to go for a trip to the convenience store or even hanging out at the mall for a few hours. Most real cops will spot you from about 300 yards without any further "recognition device". We just hope you never fall into the water fountain because we won't be able to drag you out before you drown with all your "off duty" gear.

Happy career hint: OFF DUTY MEANS OFF DUTY, enjoy your time with family and friends, learn to kick back and relax.

Comment

Badge wallet with ID

Comment

Tac badge and ID card come out when necessary and go away when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by retired1995 View Post
                          If you are like so many young cops these days, off-duty in your 5.11 pants, tactical vest with hydration pack, Desert Storm combat boots, Raybans, quad mag pouch, double cuff pouch, primary handgun, back-up handgun, Radio Shack police scanner (with or without tactical earpiece), Taser, expandable baton, badge on a neck chain, and a SWAT baseball cap (worn backwards of course) you should be good to go for a trip to the convenience store or even hanging out at the mall for a few hours. Most real cops will spot you from about 300 yards without any further "recognition device". We just hope you never fall into the water fountain because we won't be able to drag you out before you drown with all your "off duty" gear.

Happy career hint: OFF DUTY MEANS OFF DUTY, enjoy your time with family and friends, learn to kick back and relax.
                          New guys like to “buff out” to let people know they are on the job. However, there are just as many wannabees who wear what you describe. The only difference is they have those stupid “conceal carry permit holder” badges.

Comment

Image result for fanny pack men

Who here remembers the fannypack era? You could always tell a cop- walking around the mall in shorts and t-shirt wearing one of these silly things.

Now it's the murse… grown a s s men with purses. I could go on about the manbuns and the dreadful music all y'all Millennials listen to, but I digress...

RE: answer to OP's question. My STRONG recommendation is NOT display subtle little hints, like thin blue line bumper stickers, 1* bumper stickers, PBA bumper stickers, wear academy t-shirts or LE swag or anything that identifies what you do to make a living. Why? Lots of reasons, the main ones being bad guys recognize those symbols, no one in the profession cares, and the last thing you want is unwanted attention to family and private life. The smart approach: blend in, don't act and look like a cop when off duty, and don't put yourself in regrettable situations. I've seen more careers de-railed or end because Officer Buck Savage, off-duty and armed, attempted to intervene in a bar fight or family squabble next door...

Happy career hint: OFF DUTY MEANS OFF DUTY, enjoy your time with family and friends, learn to kick back and relax
                            No truer words have been spoken.
                            There are two types of people in this world: those who are humble and those who will be humbled.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11085 users online. 485 members and 10600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X