Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on this episode?

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

This is a Judge Judy episode concerning a police officer's actions during the course of a traffic stop and the "emotional distress" the female endured during this Nazi-Like police encounter .

Just looking for LEO thoughts on this incident. Have you ever had a similar incident concerning a stop? (I.E.- Someone attempting to put a third party on the phone in the middle of a stop)

The episode is in 2 parts so please watch both

What made me laugh is the comment at the very end with her claiming that she is afraid to travel her local streets in fear that this officer of his "friends" may pick on her.

Haven't seen either episode, won't either because it is Judy. When she was on the bench she was worse than a fool and still is. Whatever she said it must have a good deal of foolishness in it. Her husband's a much nicer more intelligent guy.

Comment

That's why I love in car camera's. Screw Judy, I wouldn't have went on TV, but hey I wonder if this would work in small claims in my jurisdiction.
      Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
      I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
      Originally posted by weinerdog2000
      as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Shawn...I broke down and watched both parts...have to admit Judy did a good job on the kid. Felt bad for her dad, though.

Comment

I don't like the way Judge Judy conducts the courtroom but I have to say she nailed this little twit with both barrels. BAM your a whiny little pretentious LA brat. BAM you were wrong to have impeached this officer's good name, credibility, and tarnished his record. BAM sit down retired officer; don't dishonor the court with antics and embarrass yourself by trying to bail your daughter out of another case of bad driving skills.

A judge should not have to do this. A parent should be the one rebuking their child and detailing how they were wrong. A parent should be telling that child to hang that cell phone up RIGHT NOW and make any arguments about misconduct in court. Because she will DEFINITELY have her day; in fact, it's written conveniently at the bottom near her signature.
          -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

WOW!!
            I loved the part where he brought out the Tape and she was like "I wasn't aware he had this... he could have doctored it..."

That was great!! I wonder how embarrased the Retired Officer was, heck even the one who is suing!!
            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

haha, thought you all may like it. I agree Judge Judy can be a little off and by no means do I ever watch her show religiously. I did enjoy the episode though, and it sure makes me consider how easily a LEO can get sued (even though in this case, he is the one with the claim). Reverts back to the CYA rule everyone talks so much about. Luckily, the officer was fortunate enough to know the rule with regards to that audio tape (and not disclosing it so she couldn't prepare a defense other than "he has the ability to alter it" ). Maybe now, the LAPD issued him with a patrol car, or motorcycle, with a camera, (it would be smart but who knows ).

Comment

This is EXACTLY why I do NOT automatically give the PC nod to family members (or other officers for that matter ). It is understood that it will be extended, but as soon as the "do you know who I am (or am related to)" question/demand pops out ....... I have to pause and regroup.

A little bit of tact goes a loooooonnnnngggggg way.
                Space for rent .........

Comment

BTW, this was a hilarious video.
                  Space for rent .........

Comment

Hi, like my daaaad is a police officer toooo and like he's on the phone right now. Put your silly hand down my daaad wants to like talk you like this is soooo bogus and totally uncalled for, like fer sure!
                    Spoiled rotten brat! Princess got what she deserved. Her dad should have known better than to go into court with the bleach in her hair still stinking.
                    Last edited by irishdep; 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM.
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

As far as I am concerned, the retired officer resigned from the brotherhood with his little stunt.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Normally I can't stand Judge Judy, but she nailed that one. I can't believe the father pulled that crap. Definatly makes me glad the old dash cam is rolling to cover my butt....
                        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

What I would like to know, is why a former LAPD officer would tell his daughter to do something that any trained officer would perceive as a possible "officer safety" issue????

She got out of her car with a cell phone in her hand and approached the officer????!!!!!!

He should have tased her!
                          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

I saw a funny one on Judge Judy a few weeks ago (at least I thought it was funny).

The defendant was being sued by his ex-girl friend. They had been dating for a couple of months when she loaned him some money to go to Phoenix with a friend for a few days. When he returned he broke up with her but refused to return the "loan", claiming it was a gift. It was obvious Judy didn't believe him. She asked him what he wanted to do when the grew up. (He was in his early 20's.) He replied that he was considering becoming a police officer. Judy suggested that he select another career because "we don't generally want immoral bums on our police force."
                            I love keeping secrets. It drives people crazy.

Comment

I don't normally care much for Judge Judy, but she nailed this one dead on!! Cop's spoiled brat daughter trying to use daddy to get out of a ticket. Nice to see a judge back the blue!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6314 users online. 316 members and 5998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X