X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle Plates and Captain's Bars

Hey all.
    Two questions in one.
    First, what are the drawbacks to wearing the rifle plate on the inside of the soft body armor, versus on a pouch on the outside? The vest I have does not have a pouch (and is not physically large enough for one) for the rifle plate on the outside.
    Second, how does your dept. wear its' Captain Bars? Our explorer post has the rank of Captain, and yet, our dept. does not. Explanations are fine, pictures are better!
    Thanks!
    ~Ted

Originally posted by HailStorm View Post
    Hey all.
    Two questions in one.
    First, what are the drawbacks to wearing the rifle plate on the inside of the soft body armor, versus on a pouch on the outside? The vest I have does not have a pouch (and is not physically large enough for one) for the rifle plate on the outside.
    Second, how does your dept. wear its' Captain Bars? Our explorer post has the rank of Captain, and yet, our dept. does not. Explanations are fine, pictures are better!
    Thanks!
    ~Ted
    Rifle plate or Ballistic trauma plate??? rifle plating is a whole other level of protection-level IV and up-way to heavy for daily use and not realistic for avg street exposure( if you are an explorer or cadet I surely hope you are not exposed to AK wielding nutzos regularly)-the basic body armor,min level II-A will defeat most -80% of the daily threats you'll possibly be exposed to.ad since L.E. is paramilitary,a basic U.S. armed forces dress code regualtion-there are online examples,and books available-will give you an example.....
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I am not an LE yet. But I would like to say.
      You are going to get all sweaty on those rifle plates.

also The rifle plate stops the ballistic threat... and any spalling is stopped by the vest.

You put vest in front of rifle plate..... the vest won't even slow down the ballistic threat that much. Therefore there is a chance the spalling can hit you.

But I am not an expert.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3109 users online. 174 members and 2935 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X