X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-man
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
    A state police/highway patrol will probably show the officer the door. In other agencies, it varies widely. Where I worked, I know one officer that was canned when he was involved in one off-duty DUI, and another one that kept his job after an ON-duty DUI. It's often dependent on your political standing in the agency.
    Its all dependant on the letters on your name tag...
    So true , so sad...

Leave a comment:

• Roughrider28
    replied
    His future would entail him saying "would you like fries with that"

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    He's history here. And, he should be.

Leave a comment:

• irishdep
    replied
    It does vary. I have known of a few officers that got a DUI. Some got disciplined and some got the door.

Leave a comment:

• Kpdpipes
    replied
    Here, he'd be suspended for the duration of his License Revocation but only for a first offense, which has a 6-month suspension..anything more and the town would move to fire him.

Leave a comment:

• Lawenforcer72
    replied
    He wont get fired, i know many cops that have had DUI'S. defense attorney would have a field day on him though if he ever arrested someone for dui in future times. (Atleast here in ohio they would)

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    what if the officer doesnt get a charge but its known that he was driving drunk.

and thanks guys theres alot of differant outcomes out there. and Tim politics plays into each one.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Dees
    replied
    A state police/highway patrol will probably show the officer the door. In other agencies, it varies widely. Where I worked, I know one officer that was canned when he was involved in one off-duty DUI, and another one that kept his job after an ON-duty DUI. It's often dependent on your political standing in the agency.

Leave a comment:

• Fuzz
    replied
    Each department will vary. Here a DUI will get discipline and also whatever happens in court. Depending on the circumstances you may be still employed.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    DUI and Cops

Depending on the plea, or finding of the court, the Officer would be looking for another job. Alabama DPS

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    In my dept., since we do not have light duty or desk duty, the officer would probably lose his job if his license was suspended unless he/she was given work privileges.

Discipline...Yes.

Court...the defense attorney won't be able to bring it up.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    started a topic DUI and cops

DUI and cops

If a LEO gts caught driving under the influance, off duty of course, and has ethier a one car crash or a non life threating crash, what are the chances he will KEEP his job?

and what are the chances he would get some form of departmental disapline?

(IE- probation time, desk duty or the like?)

Also, doesnt this make it harder for his charges of DUI that he arrest stick? my thought is that a defense lawyer would use this to clear their client?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3593 users online. 238 members and 3355 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X