Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Party Schools.

The No. 1 Party College Is...

...Indiana University. The Bloomington, Indiana school was crowned with the dubious honor as the nation's top party school in the annual Princeton Review survey. Conscientious grown-ups, namely university presidents and medical experts, derided the ranking as irresponsible and unscientific. Coming in right behind IU were Clemson University, the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, Pennsylvania State University, the University of Florida, State University of New York-Buffalo, the University of New Hampshire, the University of Colorado-Boulder, Florida State University, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

As typically happens with this award, the winning school's officials questioned the No. 1 ranking. Indiana didn't even appear on the list last year, and it has toughened its stance on student drinking since a student died in 1998 from an alcohol-related incident. In the past year, five IU fraternities have been suspended or expelled for violating alcohol policies. "I think there are some serious questions about the methodology of the study, and it really calls into question the credibility of the ranking," Bill Stephan, IU's vice president for public affairs, told The Associated Press. The Princeton Review survey has been conducted since 1992 and ranks schools in 63 categories. The party school designation is based on student reports of alcohol and marijuana use, the amount of time spent studying outside of class, and the popularity of fraternities and sororities on campus. The top school heading the list of "Stone-Cold Sober Schools" is Brigham Young University, which has held this crown for three consecutive years.

I would think that the University of Virginia is high on the party list too. But I'm not going to one "those" schools *wink wink*....
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

What? Where the hell is Towson University?

I'm going to have to do something to set this straight! And I'm going to have to do it every night of the week for the rest of the semester.

Liquor store beware!

Comment

Crazy, should I buy stock in Well's Liqours?
        In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Where's Eastern Kentucky University?

My first year was a blur of my sorority, beer, and that hot Sigma Chi.

Comment

I was kinda surprised to see PSU up there. When I was a freshman things were out of control. Then a couple of alcohol related deaths and a pretty insane riot later, the school and the borough of State College really cracked down. Especially on Frats.

Partys are still as wild as they come, but not like they used to be.

[ 08-21-2002, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Nittany Lion ]

Comment

Metro - depends, do they stock raspberry Cider Jack?

Comment

Our University is division 3 but the students are trying like heck to be division 1 in alcohol consumption!!..LOL

OTOH..This is a serious problem and there have been many related deaths throughout the country.
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Well well, I see that Univ of Colo @ Boulder has dropped waaaaay off. They used to be up near the top.

And don't believe everything you hear about Brigham Young. When it comes to substance abuse, no there is NOT a lot of that going on. However, when it comes to er shall we say "sins of the flesh" well, THAT'S another story all together!
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

I thought my college would be on the top of that list. California State University Northridge, as many flyers as I've been handed to attend alcohol- drug infested orgy's given by rude, senseless, immature college BOYS; go figure I thought that was bad, I'll be attending the first Veterinary Medical School in Southern California which opens its doors to graduate students in January 2003. Now I heard thats "Party Central".
                    Can you imagine "respectable" future Doctors of Veterinary Medicine puking their brains out?
                    Eighty percent of questions are statements in disguise.

Dr. Phil McGraw

Comment

I'm surprised my bro's college, University of Michigan, and my dad's alma mater, Colgate, didn't make the list.

My dad told me a story about how the year before he joined, his fraternity lost its national charter because a girl got so drunk, she just fell off the second story roof and died (not to mention the drunken "sliding parties" they had. They would pour kegs of beer on the frozen pond in the winter and just slide around...

Tex
                      KD5HQD

[ 08-21-2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: kd5hqd ]

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Piper:
                        Where's Eastern Kentucky University?

My first year was a blur of my sorority, beer, and that hot Sigma Chi.

Sounds like my experience at EKU so far...except the part about the Sigma Chi! lol

I think we used to be like #3, who knows what happened over the past few years to change that.

Comment

I miss the days of being there, I'll actually will have to go back for my last 36 hours to finish up my Police Studies degree.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Niteshift:
                            The top school heading the list of "Stone-Cold Sober Schools" is Brigham Young University, which has held this crown for three consecutive years.

BYU has a billboard next to the freeway that says, "Our football games are so intoxicating that our drinks don't need to be!" LOL

Comment

EKU...........home to one of the biggest police critics around, masquerading as a professor

True to form, both U of FL and FL State made the list........perennial names on the list.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4235 users online. 309 members and 3926 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X