300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog the bounty hunter

Although I find the show entertaining.......how do LEOs feel about the show?

I have lived in many places. Some gave Bounty Hunters more power than LEOs. Where I live Bount Hunters are nearly non existant becuse of state law.

What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by iMarkVideo View Post

What are your thoughts?
    I think the SEARCH feature is your friend

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...+bounty+hunter

"The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
    09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Mixed feelings. For Hollywood entertainment it's good but in reality it tends to be a bit different.

They do a dangerous job with virtually nothing but a big ol can of mace but as much as it's supposed to be a reality show, they put on a little too much of an act.

Comment

Many “bounty hunters” including the freak show that is The Dog, believe that they are doing a public service by “getting bad guys off of the street.” In reality, they are usually the same people that posted the bond for the criminal to get out of jail in the first place.

While Dog and those like him would have us believe that they are performing a public service and are aiding law enforcement if our efforts to protect society, they are really concerned with ensuring that they don’t lose money when the criminal that they helped let out, does not show up for court.

The best way to protect our society would be to have The Dog in a Mexican jail where he belongs. That way, his wife will be busy trying to free him and not writing bonds that let other criminals roam free.

Hope I wasn’t unclear on my stance on bounty hunters.
        Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

No I agree..

But you forgot to let out that he's also a hypocrite because he's a CONVICTED FELON, and after he catches the "bad guy" (who probably is in jail for a lesser offense than DOG was in for), he talks to them like he's a virgin school teacher who's done no wrong himself....

Comment

If a real officer on the street use Dog's methods on patrol, it would just be a question of whether or not the officer would live long enough to get fired.

Comment

Well, in a perfect world I don’t think "Dog" would be necessary, but then again neither would LEO's. This is not a perfect world, and there is, and will be a continued demand for bounty hunters. Criminals being able to bond is not going away, and frankly, neither are the people willing to capitalize on those criminals. I would like to think the service bounty hunters provide, in more cases then not alleviates some of the burden on law enforcement, and also fulfills the need the bondsmen are willing to pay for.

Comment

All the episodes I've seen, Dog basically walks around without a gun after fugitives. Anyone find it weird that none of the criminals have guns when Dog shows up? Also, the conversations that Dog and the crew put the criminals through should be deemed to the "Christian Burial Speech" from awhile back. It's almost sad how they torture them with those lectures, even I feel bad for the felons, oh wait no I don't.

Comment

Dog

Dog is passing fair entertainment,but that's about it. Duane Chapman aka Dog, works for bondsmen. A bondsman has plenty to lose if his guy doesn't show up for court. Words gets around pretty fast in the bad guy fraternity, and a bondsman who doesn't go after his skips will soon be bankrupt. Enter Dog and his family business. Ever wonder why Dog isn't armed? Ex-felons can't carry firearms. It's that simple. Dog did one halfway decent deal when he went to Mexico and basically kidnapped Andrew Luster, the cosmetic heir. Luster is a certified low life, and is now doing a lengthy stint as a guest of the State of California. Ironically, as a result of this act of "public service", Dog himself was arrested by the Feds on the Mexican kidnapping want. That one's still winding through the courts. Don't wish it on him, but it's just a matter of time before Chapman runs up on a guy who's armed, and doesn't want to go back to face trial.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Ever wonder why Dog isn't armed? Ex-felons can't carry firearms. It's that simple. Dog did one halfway decent deal when he went to Mexico and basically kidnapped Andrew Luster, the cosmetic heir. Luster is a certified low life, and is now doing a lengthy stint as a guest of the State of California.
                    and we all know ex-felons follow the law. and that was a somewhat decent thing he did i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                      Dog did one halfway decent deal when he went to Mexico and basically kidnapped Andrew Luster, the cosmetic heir.
                      I disagree. He decided to break the rules to get the job done and now he's in trouble for it. That's the difference between 'Dog' and us. We play by the rules, even if it's harder to get the job done that way.

Comment

he talks to them like he's a virgin school teacher who's done no wrong himself....
                        Hmmmmm, must be a different Dog then.

I do enjoy some of the shows, and I understand the concept of bond to ensure appearance at trial before being convicted. Not everyone charged is guilty. And that mess in Mexico is a bunch of crap. We have far too many here now who want to make Mexico happy.
                        Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 04-30-2007, 10:32 PM.
                        "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Anyone else find it rather ironic that after wrestling around with the suspect and calling them a volley of names ranging from a G--D--- Bas-ard and a F---ing scumbag he sits them down for a little prayer?

Or does the prayer come before the calls them a g--d---- f---ing scumbag?

Either way just a bit hypocritical.

Comment

Perhaps he is just using those words to "EXORCISE" the demons off the person so that the prayer can bring them to their senses

Comment

bounty hunters

i am a retired leo (16 in -on the job disabilty pension- hit by drunk driver shattered pelvis and rt hip)--most of you remember that bail is part of the consitution-since 1988 i have been doing repossessions and am a licensed bail enforcement agent(new term for bounty hunter) averaging 100 rearrests per year-most are drug and or violent felony pops-90 percent of my arrests are armed multiple offenders-one of my best pops were for attempted murder of a police officer-a--hole jumped on 75000 bail(collateral was parents house)-fed marshalls and local pds looking for him for 1.5 years-i found him in a small town in northern cal and grabed him up with the assistance of the cal highway patrol-yes i get paid by the grab-how many of you would work ny, boston, dc, memphis, or any other city for free not many i guess-also there are alot of untrained and unproffessional bea out there-there are also many untrained and unproffessional cops on the streets-i give respect to the badge and the person until they prove me wrong-i have met some very good beas and some very good cops - also some bea and cops i would not trust - in some instances we do have more power than leo(again depending on jurisdictions)--i have made rearrests in approx 30 states but most are in nh, me, vt and mass-i have popped people on indian reservations on us army bases-grabed people from rehabs(one a--hole wanted for 9 counts aggrivated sexual assault on a minor under 16 with violence)-while i do not wear a badge anymore i still remove garbage from our streets with in the confines of the law--i am a fat old hurting 52 year old ex cop just making a living like alot of you-i prefer to sit at home find the skip and call the badges to grab him or her up and fax me a booking sheet so i can get paid-but as some one said this is not a perfect world and sometimes i have to move my old fat hurting butt--dog is not one of us- the show he does is a clown act--he would not live long doing real bail work in the world i live in--he commited a crime in mex and he needs to answer for it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6366 users online. 348 members and 6018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X