Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed CPD physical test due to Lasik surgery, when should I expect another chance?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed CPD physical test due to Lasik surgery, when should I expect another chance?

Hello, this is my first time posting on these forums. So, apologies if this is the wrong topic!

I received an email from the Chicago HR department stating that there was mandatory POWER/physical test for the Chicago police force on March 10th. I called two weeks ahead of time and called the HR number that was given to me, and called another Chicago police number. I explained that I was supposed to get Lasik eye surgery on March 1st, and I would unable to attend. They told that it was okay, and there would be another test soon and to go on with my surgery. So, the surgery was a success and I can see 20/20, however its been a month since then, and I haven't received any emails or phone calls regarding the next test. Also, I've noticed they started open applications for police officers again on their website.

My question is, should I worry that I've been disqualified from the hiring process, even though HR and a supervisor told me not to worry about it? Should I "reapply" to the same position, or would that complicate things?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Apply again.

Comment

• SteelFist
      SteelFist commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I might do that. I did call HR again, and they told me that it wouldn't hurt to apply again, but I always haven't been disqualified. So thats nice.

Thanks.

Here is a crazy thought how about your as the CPD HR instead of a bunch of guys online
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• SteelFist
      SteelFist commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, lol. I realize that probably should have been first course of action. Thanks.

You were unable to complete the testing process. You were dropped from the test. Why would anyone waive anything for a candidate..?
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• SteelFist
      SteelFist commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been told by other officers, and posts from online that if you miss the IPT they should call you back eventually for another one. Its just a month for me, so I guess I was being impatient.
      Thanks anyway.

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
    You were unable to complete the testing process. You were dropped from the test. Why would anyone waive anything for a candidate..?
    Not that early in the process and not at an agency with that many potential candidates, anyway.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Definitely just wait for them to call you.

Comment

• SteelFist
        SteelFist commented
        Editing a comment
        Roger, Its only been a month, and I guess I'm just being impatient... Lol. Thank you.

The number and email to CPD HR should be in those emails. That's going to be your best source of info. Explain your situation again and they might be able to work with you. It doesn't hurt to reapply just in case. The new application cycle is open for 3 more days. Good luck.

Comment

Okay so don't quite me on it but the word is early June for call backs posted in another forum. Sometimes they'll reach out and see why candidates didn't show up. There have been issues in the past with people not getting emails or something so they try to work with the candidates.

Comment

• SteelFist
          SteelFist commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh, yeah you're probably right. I just received an email today saying they'll contact me again for another POWER test, so I'm happy and makes me wanna work out even harder.

Thank you for the information!

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          SteelFist Oh that's good. Yeah no problem. Definitely keep at it and good luck!

They don’t reach out “sometimes.” They will reach out again. I’ve known several people who have been called / contacted numerous times after pulling no-shows or being unable to go to various steps. In fact, I have a friend who took the written. Decided against being the police afterward once he got his notice for the physical. He never responded and never showed up. As of today they have tried to re-contact him for 6 physical tests so far.

Comment

• SteelFist
          SteelFist commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh wow, thats crazy. I never thought of it like that. I guess I'm just being impatient. Thank you very much!

• southpaw1
          southpaw1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I've only heard about them reaching out. I've never missed a POWER test or received those emails so who knows. A lot of stuff is constantly changing so I can't say anything with any outright certainty

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6820 users online. 276 members and 6544 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X