Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its like saying Kobe should be kicked out of every game after his first foul pretty much. Pathetic, you guys are already underpaid in my opinion now they are sticking this crap on you. America for the win, eh? <3 Society

Comment

Originally posted by iMarkVideo View Post
      I don't know if it as federal or local law....but...where I live......... if a civilian kills a LEO it is automatic CAPITAL MURDER. If a civilian attempts to kill a LEO it is automatic attempt capital murder charges. Why not the reverse?
      That's what you are failing to understand. An LEO who commits premeditated first degree murder forfeits his rights as an LEO the moment he premeditates it or in other words, thinks it up and follows through with it. It is no different then any other person that commits murder other than what you "used" to do for a living.

People that are charged with capital murder or aggravated assault charges for killing or assaulting police do so during the lawful actions of a law enforcement officers duties.

I am the only one that can comprehend this?
      Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
      I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
      Originally posted by weinerdog2000
      as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Redders4786
        That's what you are failing to understand. An LEO who commits premeditated first degree murder forfeits his rights as an LEO the moment he premeditates it or in other words, thinks it up and follows through with it.
        Theoretically 'he' does forfeit his rights and privileges as a cop that instant. In reality? No, he doesn't. If he is not suspended for an investigation about his murder plans, then he is still a cop with a badge and gun. He could still order anyone to turn around and drop to their knees and put their hands behind their back. He could handcuff them and lock them in his car.

He has a HUGE advantage over any civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by Redders4786 View Post
          That's what you are failing to understand. An LEO who commits premeditated first degree murder forfeits his rights as an LEO the moment he premeditates it or in other words, thinks it up and follows through with it. It is no different then any other person that commits murder other than what you "used" to do for a living.

People that are charged with capital murder or aggravated assault charges for killing or assaulting police do so during the lawful actions of a law enforcement officers duties.

I am the only one that can comprehend this?
          Is this a statute or court opinion or administrative rule? Please give a cite.
          How is the officer notified that his rights as an LEO (I didnt realize LEOs had rights over and above the private citizen) have been revoked?

Comment

So the bad guys can kill someone and they get 10-20 years, one of us goes off the deep end and we get 99 years????
            "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rabbi View Post
              Is this a statute or court opinion or administrative rule? Please give a cite.
              Cite what? The fact that if an officer premeditates, and commits murder he still gets to be a cop? Ummmmmm, that's called decertification and imprisonment, and ohhhhhh bubba's your roommate.

How is the officer notified that his rights as an LEO (I didnt realize LEOs had rights over and above the private citizen) have been revoked?
              While not necessarily a "right", as you define it, leo have the right or power or duty, or ability or whatever you Rabbi are in the frame of mind to call it on a particular day, to take away the freedom of a citizen IE arrest. I know complicated isn't it? Perhaps "right" wasn't the right word in the other post, perhaps responsibility is a better term. Anyways, my point is when an LEO makes the premeditated decision they are no longer LEO but one more criminal.

I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Cite what? The fact that if an officer premeditates, and commits murder he still gets to be a cop? Ummmmmm, that's called decertification and imprisonment, and ohhhhhh bubba's your roommate.

While not necessarily a "right", as you define it, leo have the right or power or duty, or ability or whatever you Rabbi are in the frame of mind to call it on a particular day, to take away the freedom of a citizen IE arrest. I know complicated isn't it? Perhaps "right" wasn't the right word in the other post, perhaps responsibility is a better term. Anyways, my point is when an LEO makes the premeditated decision they are no longer LEO but one more criminal.
                I think some of these folks are confusing capital murder with justifiable homicide( you have to see that some of these posters tend to run on the anti police /anti gov't side of the fence-they don't mind seeing a cop gunned down,nor express regret for it but any ctzn that gets popped,right or wrong,they BEAT their chests !!!)- same mentality has led to all the shootings of police officers recently while doing their "appointed duty".No - police officers who make the decision to fire on a suspect or individual,while in the course of their duties,or WHo "believe" that the threat exists ,are NOT incarcerated ,say like a citizen might be if he shoots someone and there is need to fully inv.the matter,but as you have tried to point out- any cop that crosses the line btwn lawful exercise of rights given him/her by the state to willfully taking the life of another with "malice aforethought"( CA.penal section 187{a} )-is NO different from the avg joe doing it- they get locked up, suspended or terminated,and convicted like anyone else.Even if cleared of the homicide by tiral,if the shooting was bad,they are still subject to termination and civil suit + potential FEDERAL prosecution for "civil rights violations"- something most avg knucklehead joes don't get slammed for.I find it sad that soo many anti -cop,anti gov't types,that scream frothing at the mouth about their right,have NO problem demanding stricter laws and regualtions against L.E. and public employees.....
                Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-30-2007, 04:48 PM.
                "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                  I think some of these folks are confusing capital murder with justifiable homicide( you have to see that some of these posters tend to run on the anti police /anti gov't side of the fence-they don't mind seeing a cop gunned down,nor express regret for it but any ctzn that gets popped,right or wrong,they BEAT their chests !!!)- same mentality has led to all the shootings of police officers recently while doing their "appointed duty".No - police officers who make the decision to fire on a suspect or individual,while in the course of their duties,or WHo "believe" that the threat exists ,are NOT incarcerated ,say like a citizen might be if he shoots someone and there is need to fully inv.the matter,but as you have tried to point out- any cop that crosses the line btwn lawful exercise of rights given him/her by the state to willfully taking the life of another with "malice aforethought"( CA.penal section 187{a} )-is NO different from the avg joe doing it- they get locked up, suspended or terminated,and convicted like anyone else.Even if cleared of the homicide by tiral,if the shooting was bad,they are still subject to termination and civil suit + potential FEDERAL prosecution for "civil rights violations"- something most avg knucklehead joes don't get slammed for.I find it sad that soo many anti -cop,anti gov't types,that scream frothing at the mouth about their right,have NO problem demanding stricter laws and regualtions against L.E. and public employees.....
                  Kinda like the look you get from a dog after you say "popcorn". The dog knows your saying something but theeeeyyyyyy juuuuussssttttt doooonnnn'tttt quite get it.

Comment

I'd say just from this post that your knowledge of criminal process is a little faulty.
                    First the officer has to be accused. Then he can be subject to administrative action (leave or suspension). Then he is arrested. Then the rest of the process rolls.
                    But until he is accused and administrative action is taken, he is still a police officer, regardless of what kinds of crimes he has committed.
                    And if you aren't aware of the difference between rights, powers, and duties you need some serious work on the subject. There is a huge difference.

Comment

I'd say just from this post that your knowledge of criminal process is a little faulty.
                      Quite the opposite, my knowledge of humanity is outstanding. Regardless of process or time frame when the decision is made the LEO stops being LEO regardless and is just another criminal to be dealt with.

First the officer has to be accused. Then he can be subject to administrative action (leave or suspension). Then he is arrested. Then the rest of the process rolls.
                      But until he is accused and administrative action is taken, he is still a police officer, regardless of what kinds of crimes he has committed.
                      And if you aren't aware of the difference between rights, powers, and duties you need some serious work on the subject. There is a huge difference.
                      You bore me, in certain situations an leo exercises his duty, which also can be a responsiblity and a right. Perhaps if you had some training, knowledge and experience in law enforcement I wouldn't be saying "popcorn".

There are documented cases of Doctors and nurse's being convicted with an overwhelming amount of evidence of murder. These crimes were committed with premeditation and I don't see one single individual calling for extended penalties for the medical profession when they are convicted of such. When in my opinion that's even more henious.

Comment

Red,

You compair LEOs to doctors and other professions. Not the same. Maybe close but not the same. (In my opinion honest LEOs should get paid the same....Both save lives)

1. I don't have to obey a doctor. That is my choice. I also have the choice to do research and decide for myself if I trust the doctor. It's my choice and I won't get arrested or charged if I don't obey a doctor.

2. I don't have the choice of not obeying an employed LEO just beccause I don't trust him/ner for whatever reason. If I don't obey I get at least a day and probably more in the fridge.

3. The LEO has a huge advantage over me if he/she wanted to murder me. The law is on his/her side if he/she is employed. Only AFTER I was murdered would the law be on my side.

Hypothetical:

Joe Shmoe (LEO) gets a divorce from his wife. His ex is now dating me. He gets jealous. He then decides he is going to pull me over (at night) for whatever. He tells me to get out of the car over his PA. With all the lights in my face I can't even tell who he is. I obey his commands (He is a LEO after all) and when I get to his car he pumps a few with a 9mm Glock to my brain.

Now same hypothetical, take out the LEO status and an ordinary car is trying to pull me over....heck he can be a doctor, lawyer whatever. Do you think I really would pull over for a strange ordinary vehicle. NO. Advantage LEO.

So why not harsher sentence since I have a disadvatage for survival?

Thanks

Comment

Quite the opposite, my knowledge of humanity is outstanding. Regardless of process or time frame when the decision is made the LEO stops being LEO regardless and is just another criminal to be dealt with.

You bore me, in certain situations an leo exercises his duty, which also can be a responsiblity and a right. Perhaps if you had some training, knowledge and experience in law enforcement I wouldn't be saying "popcorn".

There are documented cases of Doctors and nurse's being convicted with an overwhelming amount of evidence of murder. These crimes were committed with premeditation and I don't see one single individual calling for extended penalties for the medical profession when they are convicted of such. When in my opinion that's even more henious.
                          Perhaps if you had some training in civics you wouldn't casually throw around terms like "right" "duty" and "responsibility." Court cases hang on precise use of words and their definitions. You obviously have cavalier disregard for these things. I wonder what else you have cavalier disregard for.
                          First you invoke law and now your knowledge of "humanity." I'd say you've failed to prove any point you've tried to make.

Comment

You compair LEOs to doctors and other professions. Not the same. Maybe close but not the same. (In my opinion honest LEOs should get paid the same....Both save lives)
                            You are correct leo and other professions are not the same, however in a larger scope then just what exactly is you do for a living they are the same. LEO (generally) enjoys the public trust, medical professionals enjoy even more trust then LEO. Both need and require extensive training and education. Both require some type of certification by an accreditated organization. A small example, when's the last time you had your prostate checked? That takes a whole lot more trust than anything a cop does. Hmmmmmm finger where the sun doesn't shine or a speeding ticket?

1. I don't have to obey a doctor. That is my choice. I also have the choice to do research and decide for myself if I trust the doctor. It's my choice and I won't get arrested or charged if I don't obey a doctor.
                            True, you just get to die.

2. I don't have the choice of not obeying an employed LEO just beccause I don't trust him/ner for whatever reason. If I don't obey I get at least a day and probably more in the fridge.
                            What does this have to do with an officer being sentenced because of what he does. That's your choice if you don't comply.

3. The LEO has a huge advantage over me if he/she wanted to murder me. The law is on his/her side if he/she is employed. Only AFTER I was murdered would the law be on my side.
                            Soooooo just because LEO's have lights and sirens they have a better advantage then say a doctor inserting a large needle into your arm and pumping a substance in it that you don't know what it is?

Hypothetical:

Joe Shmoe (LEO) gets a divorce from his wife. His ex is now dating me. He gets jealous. He then decides he is going to pull me over (at night) for whatever. He tells me to get out of the car over his PA. With all the lights in my face I can't even tell who he is. I obey his commands (He is a LEO after all) and when I get to his car he pumps a few with a 9mm Glock to my brain.

Now same hypothetical, take out the LEO status and an ordinary car is trying to pull me over....heck he can be a doctor, lawyer whatever. Do you think I really would pull over for a strange ordinary vehicle. NO. Advantage LEO.

So why not harsher sentence since I have a disadvatage for survival?

Thanks
                            Why not a harsher sentence for doctors, they do have an advantage you know?

"popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn"

Comment

Perhaps if you had some training in civics you wouldn't casually throw around terms like "right" "duty" and "responsibility." Court cases hang on precise use of words and their definitions. You obviously have cavalier disregard for these things. I wonder what else you have cavalier disregard for.
                              First you invoke law and now your knowledge of "humanity." I'd say you've failed to prove any point you've tried to make.
                              Point them out for me if your so knowledgeable.

"popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn""popcorn"

Comment

Red,

Of course this is a friendly debate. I am not flamming you.

I still believe that I have a choice over what doctor I choose. If I die becuse I was careless in researching him/her then it's MAYBE my fault. If I chose to be careless and NOT pull over for a LEO then that is my destination and if I get killed or wounded THAT was my choice. Period.

Yes, you make a good point that doctors are probably more trusted than LEOs. BUT as I said, I don't have to obey a doctor by law. I DO have to obey a LEO by law. Well......... maby not if I want to go through red tape and get put in the fridge...........BUT if I want to go home to my wife and daughter I have to obey a LEO.

What I am saying is you and many LEOs have ultimate authourity over me. So if I am a law abiding citizen then LEOs have a GREAT advatage over me IF they want to murder me for whatever reason.

Maybe you are right that doctors and nurses should be held with greater accountability than ordinary citizens. But it still does not change my views on LEOs being held with greater accountability because LEOs have the ultimate power and the advatage.

Like I said....HONEST LEOs, Teachers and anyone who dedicates their lives to help and save and betters anothers life should be on the same plate. PERIOD. It is F***ed up that a LEO, Fireman, Paremedic, Teacher etc.....don't get paid what they deserve. My wife is an emergency room nurse. She makes decent money........but......twice as much as the paramedic whom saved the life in the first place. Her resident doctor makes 4 time what she makes and he just tells her what to do (she already knows what to do as she has been a ER nurse for 17 years he only 3 years).

But compairing authority vs trust is similar but different. Authority is the accountability of the law and LEOs enforce the law. Trust is authority citizens and they decide for themselves to obey.

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5591 users online. 349 members and 5242 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X