300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops and nurses...

How well do the two go two go together? I'm planning on marrying a girl (no time soon, we've been dating 2 ears now), who is in here last year to become a Registered Nurse. Just wondering how many of you out there have then and how well does it work out?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%
    In training
    0%
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Originally posted by D.o.D cop View Post
    How well do the two go two go together? I'm planning on marrying a girl (no time soon, we've been dating 2 ears now), who is in here last year to become a Registered Nurse. Just wondering how many of you out there have then and how well does it work out?
    My wife is a RN. Met her on duty when she was a student at my college (2 of her aunt's work at the same college I do, and kind of maneuvered us together lol).

2 of my buddies at work are married to or engaged to RNs, a buddy of mine that works for the Transit Police was married to a nurse (recently divorced), and a guy I know in passing who works for Dallas PD told me his wife is getting ready to go to nursing school (which is why he's thinking of going back to patrol, right now he works on the City Airport Detail and patrol would give him the kind of flexibility he needs).

I do see a lot of male LEOs end up with 3 kinds of woman: The Nurse/EMT/Healthcare worker of some kind, the Teacher, or the Stripper lol. And I'm not kidding about those strippers, something about cops and strippers.

Comment

Both jobs have crazy hours and are stressful. Lots to talk about (job wise). it can definetly work out. I know a few nurses that only want to date cops, F.F, medics ect. Nurses can be nutty (please, not in a bad way!, I'm not bashing nurses) so, hey, have fun
      retired, NOT retarded

Comment

I guess cops need someone around who will take care of them, becuase most of the time, we don't even take care of ourselves.
        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Most cops and nurses I know all get along very well.
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

My wife is an X-Ray tech. We started dating before both of us had our jobs. We tend to not talk much about work because we both agree not to bring any problems home with us. My wife is my best friend and I couldn't ask for anyone better.

It is tough sometimes because we work different shifts and don't get to see each other very often. But when we do see each other we try to make the best of it.

Comment

my girlfriend is a nurse. we do quite well... she tries to get the same days off i have but only happens 50% of the time.

Comment

Strange hours. Bizarre "clients." High-stress work environment. Outrageous sexual drives.

How could cops and nurses not go together like peas and carrots? We have so much in common!
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

My Sgt's wife is a RN and they have been married for 7 years i think. My wife couldn't be a nurse because if she saw blood or needles she'd be the one laying in the hospital bed. (grossed out easily)

Comment

My wife and I were married before I started my LE career, We have been together for 45 years.

It does not matter what occupation your wife takes on - as long as it is lawful - a marriage has nothing to do with occupations; it has to do with preoccupation. If you are preoccupied with her needs you will be adored.

If you carry mutual respect, love and understanding; set asiide your indifferences and offer comfort and solice, you will maintain a long standing relationship of intimate interaction with and admiration for one-another.
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Awesome Advice Sgt .... Thank You !!!

Comment

My wife is a RN.When i first met her,I was a Deputy for the county and she was a paramedic on the county Ambulance service.We ended up on several calls together.Me being an ex medic from another ambulance service.I would tend to help more on medical emergency calls than most Deputies would.So she asked one day why i would help so much and where I got my training.i told her.She said that it was good having someone else on scene that was training in emergency first aid and a cop too.So as time went by,I noticed I was getting sent to back the amubulance ALOT more than I ever had before.Most of the calls were nothing,but i would go.It was always the same crew that would call,My future wife and her partner.So it soon became pretty clear what was going on.She was calling for me personally to come to the calls so she could talk to me.i told her I didn't mind doing it,but sometimes i was the only one available and had to come across the county.So she started showing up when we would check out to eat and so forth.Eventually she asked me out.Then i figured out she was going to RN school.Next thing I know she has moved me into her house,next thing I know about 2 years later we are married and she is a RN.
                        Now she is a contract travel/agency nurse and is gone alot to god only knows where.But she makes enough that i have been able to drop down to part time/releif and can spend alot more time with the kids!!!NOW IF I CAN JUST GET OUT OF HAVING TO DO THE DISHES ALL THE TIME!!!LOL!!
                        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

I would LOVE to date a nurse,
                          ooops, Im married to a waitress soon to be teacher...
                          Its all about the service
                          I got nothing for now

Comment

service INDUSTRY. Forgot that last part^^^
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6682 users online. 367 members and 6315 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X